You Are the Only Exception

It’s A Perfect Denial

I woke up in one of the hospitals couches. They decided to take some of the chairs out so I could be comfortable on the couch. It was still my birthday and my mom was still in a coma. I looked up when there was a knock on the door and saw Matt and Mixi. They gave me a sad look and I just looked at my mom.

“How is she?” Matt asked.
“She’s in a coma, how do you expect she is?” I asked him. I knew I shouldn’t be mean to him but it just pissed me off somehow. I felt the tears coming on again. Dammit, I needed to stop crying. Mixi ran over to me and gave me a hug.

“Have you even been home to take a shower or anything?” Mixi asked me.
“I was home for about five or ten minutes and then I found her. I found the bottle and the pills as well.” I said.
“Hun, you need a shower.”
“I’m not leaving my mom.”
“They’ll tell you if there is any change.” Matt said.
“I’m not leaving my mom.” I repeated for like, the thousandth time today. “I want to be here if there is any change.”

“What about school?”
“That would be the only time I would leave her. Other than that, I’m not leaving.” They both sighed. Andy soon came to the door and I almost ran to hug him, but I just sat there. Two other people trailed behind him.

“Uh, this is my mom and dad.” Andy said.
“Oh.” I instantly got up and shook their hands.
“This is my mom Amy and my dad Brock, but he goes by Chris.”
We all exchanged out hellos and soon the nurse came in to check on my mom. The nurse took one look at me and sighed.
“You’re still here.” She said and I nodded my head. “Who are these two other adults?”
“They are my parents,” Andy said.
~Cassi’s Mom’s POV~

I knew I wasn’t awake, but I could hear what was going on around me. After a few minutes of listening I learned that I was in a hospital. The heart monitor gave it away. I listened more and heard Cassi talking to people. They were talking about what she should do.

I knew what I was doing was stupid last night, but I wanted to end it. I really was not thinking about Cassi. Now things are going to be even more fucked up for her. How could I have let our relationship get this bad? I need to get out of this coma before her father comes into the picture. They began talking again so I let my mind shut up.

“I know what we can do.” It sounded like her friend, Aaron or something; I can’t remember his name since I was drunk when I met him. “We can have Cassi live with us until her mom wakes up.”
“If she wakes up,” I heard Cassi say. I could tell that she had been crying and it broke my heart.

“Is that a good idea Andy?” I heard someone new ask, so that was his name.
“It’s a wonderful idea, mom” He said. His mom sighed.
“She’ll have to stay in the guest room.” Another voice said (I think it was his dad.)
“Chris! Can we talk in the hallway?” There was movement in the room and then silence.

~Andy’s POV ~

My parents got up and left the room to talk. Maybe bringing that up wasn’t such a good idea. It was worth a shot though and I was happy that my dad wanted Cassi to stay with us. Cassi just kept staring at her mom.

“Staring at her isn’t going to wake her up.” Matt said. Cassi just glared at him.
“And if I hadn’t gone to that fucking party I would have been able to stop her.” Cassi said.
“This is not your fault.” I said to her and rubbing her back. “If you’re going to be a dick maybe you should leave.” Matt gave me this really bad look and then left, Mixi had stayed though.

My parents soon came back in and my mom didn’t look too happy. I’m guessing my dad won.
“We were talking,” my mom started to say, “that if Cassi can get a job, get good grades, and stay in school, she can live with us until she graduates or her mom wakes up.”

~Cassi’s POV~

“Oh my gosh, thank you so much.” I said. “You have no idea how much this means to me.”
“Well school is tomorrow and you need to pack so you will have to leave your mom.” Andy’s dad said. “Andy also told us that your birthday is today and we want to take you out to dinner.”
“Oh no, you don’t have to.”
“We insist.” Amy said. I sighed and muttered an ‘okay.’

I walked over to the chair by my mom’s side and sat down.
“I promise, I will take the chance to see you every chance I get. One day, I will make you proud.”
The nurse came in and gave me a smile as I left. I almost started crying again, but kept it inside. I needed to be strong again. Mixi gave me a hug and told me that she was going to talk to Matt about his behavior recently. I knew that I was going to have to talk to him on my own soon.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm really sorry this took me a while to get out. I haven't really been in the best of moods recently so I haven't been writing. Every time I opened it, I would lose my interest to write.

Hopefaithlovenutella
I want to meet him as well. He makes dubstep now and I'm just like >_< Because I don't really like dubstep. I did get to wave to him at AP Tour last year though. I still wish I could have met him... Haha.

This song inspired this chapter.
Thank you for reading, subscribing, and commenting.