You Are the Only Exception

The Red It Filters Through

Things had been pretty much the same. I went to school and after that, went to see my mom (Andy and Matt would come with me most of the time) and then I would got Andy’s house (my new home for now) until the day started over again. Things felt like they were before all this crap happened. Today Andy, Matt, Mixi, and I were going to see my mom. Things were already starting to fall apart between Matt and Mixi, which made me feel bad because I know it was over the kiss. We decided we would all ride with Andy, so after we drove to drop off Matt's car we all piled into Andy's. Matt and Mixi were already fighting.

"Would you guys just cut it out already?" I questioned. Their bickering was getting on my last nerve. It also didn't help that it been two weeks and still nothing from my mom. No movement and they were starting to say she was losing brain activity. Matt and Mixi just glared at me, and I glared right back.

"Okay, well let's get going." Andy said clearing the tense air. I sighed and nodded my head, he wrapped his hand around mine and squeezed in comfort. I just looked out the window.

When we finally got there, heard more bickering from Matt and Mixi, we walked up to my mom's room for the last few hours of visitation. We walked in and saw a man standing at the foot of my mom's bed. I walked in and put my bag down.

"Um, excuse me, who are you and what are you doing in this room?" I questioned with my hands on my hips. The man just turned and looked at me.
"Well you grew up great my dear Cassi." The man answered me.
"I'm not going to ask again, who are you?"
"I'm your father." My eyes widened at his response.
"I want nothing to do with you. You left me and my mom years ago. I want you to leave. Now."
"I never meant to leave you guys. It was what I had to do at the time." The man said."
"I don't care," I replied back. "You still left and I want you out!"

Andy started grabbing for my wrist but I pulled away. I was seeing red at this man who claimed to be my father. It was convenient that he showed up when something happened as well. The man just looked at me, shook his head, and left the room. I was still seeing red when I walked over to my chair next to my mom. Matt walked over and sat down next to me and placed his hand on mine. I sighed and let the notion slide. Taking my mom's hand I sighed once more.

"Mom," I started. "I hope you can hear me. I really need you to pull through. Things are getting worse with out you here and I don't know how to handle the fact that apparently my dad is now here. Please, please, I need you to pull through."

The room was silent for a few moments and... Nothing. No movement, not sighs, absolutely nothing. I broke the silence by completely breaking down. I just bawled right there on her. After I few moments I raised my head and looked at three of the four most important people of my life.
"Can you guys give me a few moments alone with my mom?" I asked. They all nodded their heads and left the room. I just sat there holding her hand and crying.

~~~

Visiting hours was finally over and it was time for us to head out. We dropped Matt and Mixi off when Matt asked me to step out and talk to him for a second. He pulled me over to the other side of his mom's truck and pressed his lips to mine, again. I kept trying to push him off me but apparently he had gained some strength recently. Once he was done sucking my face we heard a gasp. I looked over and saw Andy and Mixi standing there with faces dropped.

"Wait, wait, this is definitely not what it looks like." I stressed to the both of them.
"I can't believe you!" Mixi screamed at me. "You were supposed to be my best friend and here you are sucking face with my boyfriend. I always knew you had a thing for Matt."
"Mixi, I am not lying. He kissed me, I was trying to push him off me. Andy you have to believe me."
"I don't know what to believe." He said quietly. "I think I'm going to go home. I'll see you there but I need some time by myself. I can't believe you of all people would do that to your best friend."
I kept trying to grab for Andy but he just walked off with Mixi. I turned to Matt seeing red again.
"What the fuck Matt?" I screamed at him. "What the fuck is wrong with you? I could floor you right now. You have ruined everything!"

I turned away with tears in my eyes and started walking. I could hear Matt calling in the distance but I didn't care. I just kept walking.
♠ ♠ ♠
Guys! I'm gonna try and come back! I want to so bad! I miss writing and I'm hoping that this will help get my motivation back. c: