You Are the Only Exception

When Love Met Destruction

The boy had raven black hair that went down past his shoulders; he was thin and had beautiful blue eyes. He walked by us and I don’t think I was breathing.

“Hello, earth to Cassi,” Mixi said pulling me out of my thoughts.
“Huh? Oh, sorry, I zoned out.” I said.
“Uh huh. You were staring at the new kid.”
“Oh shut up.” As we were walking the bell rang to tell us that we only had two minutes left to get to class. “Fuck, I’m going to be late. See you guys later.”

I hugged Matt and Mixi and then headed off to my class. This was the only class that I didn’t have Matt or Mixi in.

“Look who decided to show up for once.” My teacher, Mrs. Green, said as I walked in the door.

I just rolled my eyes and walked to my seat, in the back of the classroom. I sat down and pulled out my notebook from my bag. My notebook held everything from quotes to random lyrics and poems to stories. I had so many of these filled in my room and I wouldn’t even let Matt or Mixi read them. I opened to the page where I had been working on last night and started writing.

The bell had rung and I had to put my notebook away before Mrs. Green could take it… Again. Instead I pulled out another notebook but it was for school. This was the only notebook that has taken me forever to fill up. I sighed placing my hand on my chin.

Staring off into space I didn’t notice the door had opened until Mrs. Green started to sound annoyed as she was speaking. I looked up to see the boy from earlier at her desk.

“I’m sorry, I’m new and I had gotten lost on my way here.” He said with a deep voice.
“Oh, well, the only seats we have open are in the back next to Cassi. Cassi please raise your hand so Mr. Biersack can know where to sit.” Mrs. Green said. I sighed and raised my hand. It looked like she whispered something to him and when he started walking towards me, he rolled his eyes. My eyebrow rose with curiosity.

~~~

I sat down with Mixi at our normal table in the corner and pulled out my lunch.

“Where’s Matt at?” I asked Mixi.
“I think he’s with the new kid. They seem to be close already, like they’ve known each other for years.” Mixi said. I laughed.
“Have you had any classes with him?”
“Only one, he’s really quiet though.”
“No kidding. I had him in my first period and Mrs. Green had paired us up for a partner thing and he barely spoke. All I got out of him was this his name was Andy.” As soon as I finished what I was saying Matt and Andy had come over to us. “Jeez Matt, I thought you were going to ditch us.” I said laughing a little bit.

“Awe, why would I do that to my girls?” Matt said laughing as well. Mixi and I giggled. “Oh, by the way, this is Andy. Have you guys had any classes with him so far?”
“I have first period with him.” I said.
“I have third.” Mixi said. We had a six period day at our school and lunch was in between third and fourth period.

Matt and Andy sat down and we all ate our lunches and chatted. When the bell rang we all had the same class so we walked together, Mixi and Matt in the front, Andy and I in the back. We didn’t really talk but it wasn’t an uncomfortable silence. I think he’s going to fit right in with us.
♠ ♠ ♠
Merry Christmas Eve! I got to open my one present before Christmas day and it was a laptop! So now, I don't have to worry about my laptop overheating and turning off before I post a chapter :D