You Are the Only Exception

This is my Favorite Thing by Far

The day had gone by quickly. Andy was in two of my other classes and he was finally starting to warm up to me. Matt and I were walking to Matt's car when Andy ran up to us.

"Are you ready to go?" Matt asked.
"Woah, he's coming with us?" I asked sarcastically. Andy just stayed quiet fiddling with his thumbs.
"Awe, come on, it's just Andy." Matt said.
"I'm kidding." Out of the corner of my eye I saw Andy smile. "I get shot gun though." I smiled at both of them.

We got to the car and got in. We chatted all the way to my house. Andy was a lot more talkative than he was at school.
"So, why did you start going to Northern High?" I asked Andy.
"Uh, it's a long story." Andy said looking out the window.
"Oh, okay." I was about to ask another question but we had pulled up to my house. I noticed that the car was gone and sighed. "Well, my mom isn't home so that means I have the house to myself. I'll see you guys tomorrow."
I got out of the car and closed the door behind me.
"Am I picking you up tomorrow as well?" Matt asked.
"Uhm, I don't know. Let's see if I can get the car." Matt nodded his head and I turned and walked to the front door.

When I had the door unlocked and was in the house I set my keys and backpack down and sat at the table. It was so quiet in my house without my mom. I hadn't realized that I was staring off into space until my phone started vibrating which the crap out of me. Pulling my phone out of my back pocket I realized that it was Mixi.

"Hey," I said answering my phone.
"Cassi! Can I come over and spend the night?" Mixi asked me.
"Uh, sure? My mom isn't home though." My mom pretty much considered Mixi as her daughter.
"That's fine. I just need to get out of my house; my dad is at it again."
"Oh, okay. Just head on over then."
"Okay, I'll see you in a bit."

After we hung up I realized how dirty the house was. My mom and I hadn't been able to clean it for a while since she had work and I had been busy with school. I got up from the chair I was sitting in to clean the house.

After a little bit of cleaning I heard a knock on the door. I stopped what I was doing and ran up to it. Looking through the peephole I saw that Mixi had finally arrived.

"Mixi!" I yelled opening the door.
"Cassi!" She yelled as she jump hugged me. I fell back onto the floor and started laughing.
"Oh my god!" I said through bursts of laughter. "I can't breathe, get off!"
Mixi clamored off me and helped me up. I then closed the door and we walked in my house.
"Where's your mom?" Mixi asked.
"I don't know. At work? Either that or she's at the bar again."
"Oh. That sucks. Hey, what were you doing before I came over."
"Cleaning. I have to finish though."

“Oh.” Mixi said again. “Well, can we invite Matt over? Oh and also Andy. You know me and Matt, you and Andy.” She said wiggling her eyebrows.
“Oh my god! You like Matt, don’t you?” I asked her. She cautiously nodded her head. “Awe, that’s so cute! But about the Andy thing, I’m not looking, sorry.” We both laughed.
“Whatever. Let’s rent a movie and order Chinese as well.”
“Okay. You have to call them though. I need to finish the house.”
“Okay, what do you want from the Chinese place?”
“Uh, just get me some Low Mein.”

After Mixi walked into the kitchen I went into the living room and began cleaning in there. I was organizing some magazines when Mixi came back in the room.

“Matt’s on his way to pick Andy up and then he’ll be over. The food should be here in about fifteen to twenty minutes.” Mixi said handing me money for the food.
“Okay and what about the movie?” I asked.
“Oh shit! Which one should I rent?”
“I don’t know. I mean, we have a few movies here. Get The Last Exorcism.”
“Okay. I need to go to the video store. I’ll be right back.”
“Hurry.”

And with that she left. The video store was right up the street from my house so it wouldn’t take her very long. I went into the kitchen and got the Pine lemon dust spray and began spraying the table. I did the same to the TV and its stand.

When that was finished I was feeling kind of gross so, I decided to change. I grabbed my backpack from its place and headed upstairs to my room. I was halfway up the stairs when there was a knock on my door. I sighed and went back down the stairs. When I opened the door I saw Andy and Matt on the other side.

“Cassi!” Matt said hugging me. I instantly hugged him back.
“Hey, Matt. Didn’t you just see me like, not even an hour ago? Why are you acting like you haven’t seen me in ages?” I asked him.
“Ew, you smell gross.” He said ignoring my question.
“Well yea, I was cleaning the house. I was about to change but you are now here, standing in my doorway.”
“Oh, well then we’ll let you change.”
Matt walked into my house with Andy in tow behind him. I smiled a “hello” at Andy and shut the door while he smiled back.
“You know where the living room is, Matt.” I said. “Show Andy around while I get changed. Mixi is on her way to get the movie; she should be back in a few minutes.”
“Okay,” Matt said.

I treaded up the stairs, this time fully making it up them. I walked into my room and pulled the door shut behind me. After putting my backpack in its spot on my chair, I walked over to my dresser. I then pulled out a shirt and some ripped skinny jeans. I had a bracelet thing on top of my dresser so I pulled off a Pierce the Veil one, a Batman one, and an “I Heart Zombies” one. I also grabbed some feather earrings and put them on. I then went to my closet and pulled out a pair of Dr. Martens and my star necklace and slipped them both on. After my hair was all fixed and I had put on some perfume, I felt better. Then I headed back down the stairs to my best friend and my new friend.

I started walking into the living room and saw Mixi had come back as well. I was about to walk in there when there was a knock on the door.

“Can I just walk somewhere without someone coming to the door?” I grumbled to myself. I answered the door to see the Chinese food had arrived. I grabbed the food, paid the kid, and muttered a thank you to him then shut the door. “Food is here!” I called to everyone.
As soon as the words left my lips Matt and Mixi came running over.

“Oh calm down.” I said shaking my head. “Your food is not going to get cold that quick.”
I started pulling the food out and placing them on the table. Everyone grabbed what they got and headed to the living room. I sighed and then walked over to the drawer and pulled out some chop sticks and forks. Walking into the living room, I held the utensils up.

“Are you going to eat with your hands?” I asked them.
“Cassi, you are a life saver!” Mixi sad grabbing a fork and chop sticks. Matt and Andy did the same as well.
I walked over and sat between Matt and Andy. They already had the movie set up and were just waiting for me to get settled.

~~~

The movie had finished and we were all just sitting there staring at the television.
“What, the, fuck?” Matt asked.
“Did you just see what I just saw?” Mixi asked. We all nodded our heads.
“Uh, do we want to watch another movie?” I asked. They all just nodded their heads. “What one?”

I got up and walked to the movie case.
“The Simpsons Movie!” Mixi chirped.
“You only want to watch that movie because Green Day is in it for like, five minutes.”
“So,” Mixi folded her arms and stuck tongue out at me.
“Any other suggestions?”
“Sweeny Todd,” Andy said happily.
“Now that one, I can go for.” I pulled the movie out of its spot and then put it into the DVD player. About halfway through the movie my mom came home, drunk off her ass.
♠ ♠ ♠
This would have been out way earlier but I had been grounded. But I'm not anymore! :D And tom make up for the wait, a really long chapter! :D

Cassi's outfit

Thank you for reading, subscribing, and commenting. c: