You Are the Only Exception

I’ve Got No Time for Feeling Sorry

I woke up at almost four in the morning. Mixi looked like she was still asleep so I let sleep a little bit longer. She would have to wake up soon though as we had to go to the bar that my mom went to last night to get the car. I got changed and put on my make-up and did my hair. After that was all done and Mixi was still asleep I went over and woke her up.

It took her a few minutes but she finally woke up. I left the room to go and get both of us ready (this normally happened when Mixi came over) and get breakfast ready. As soon as I finished making breakfast Mixi came down and I called my mom’s work to tell them that she probably wouldn’t be coming in today. Mixi sat in one of the chairs with a plate of food in front of her.

“So, why am I up at almost five in the morning?” Mixi asked shoving a piece of scrambled egg in her mouth.
“I have to get the car from the bar so we need to take a cab.” I said also grabbing a plate of food for me. Mixi just nodded her head and kept eating.

When we were done eating I called a cab to pick us up. When the cab came we and we got to the bar we got the car and headed to school. On the way to school my cell phone started buzzing. Mixi looked at me knowing that I wouldn’t be able to answer it and took the cell phone from the cup holder. Mixi looked at the number and then looked at me.

“What?” I asked her.
“It’s Andy.” Mixi said drawing out the ‘y.’
“So answer it.” Mixi rolled her eyes and hit answer.
“Hello... Oh this is Mixi, Cassi is driving… Okay, we are on our way now. We’ll be there in a bit… Bye.” Mixi Hung up my phone and placed it back in the cup holder. “Andy and Matt just wanted to know if you were coming into school today and if you were on your way.”

I nodded my head and kept my eyes on the road. We were almost to the school and Mixi turned up the music. We arrived at the school and took my usual parking spot next to Matt when I drove to school. Matt saw me and waved. I waved back getting out of the car and grabbing my backpack. Mixi and I met up with Matt and Andy and we started to head into the school.

~~~

We all sat outside as it was lunch time and it was a very nice day for Ohio. The seats on the tables hurt our asses and people most of the time got splinters from them so we just sat by one of the trees. We were all happily sitting and talking when Alice came over to us.

“Hey, freaks. You’re in my spot.” She said.
“Uhm, no we aren’t. We’ve been sitting here every day when it’s sunny for the past three years.” I said.
“Well, this is the end of those three years.”
“I highly doubt that.”
“What are you going to do about it, freak.” I got up and punched Alice right in the face.
“That is what I’m going to do about it.”
“You fucking slut!” Alice screamed at me. She then jumped on me and started throwing punches.

We kept topping each other until we were finally pulled away from each other. Andy held me back while one of Alice’s “friends” held her back. I had a tuff of hair in my hand and she was screaming profanities at me. Our principle came over and dragged us both to his office.

~~~

I sat in the office waiting to hear what sort of punishment I would get. I would most likely be suspended for a few days. Alice’s sentence would be shorter since she was defending herself. Or she might get the same amount of time as me since she provoked the fight. Who knows? I knew I was going to be grounded when I got home. I sighed, so much for coming back to school. I only had bruises and soon to be a black eye. Alice had pretty much the same damage except her jaw was starting to swell because of the first punch.

My mom finally showed up and when she arrived she staggered into the room. Damn drunk of a mother. I sighed again, this was not going to go well.

~~~

I was right. The meeting did not go well. In fact, it was a fucking disaster! My mom wouldn’t shut up for five minutes! And then after the whole meeting, she was so plastered that she threw up on a plant. A fucking plant! Just more things for Alice to fucking use against me. I had to help her in the car and drove us home. The only good thing about this? She wouldn’t remember that she grounded me. Well, until she was sober and the school called to remind her that I was suspended for five days. So I pretty much only had one day of freedom before I would be banished to the inside of my house.

When we got home I went straight to my room. I was not going to deal with my drunken mother. Maybe I could drink a little too while she was passed out or something. Maybe take a bottle up with me. My mom wouldn’t notice at all either.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay another update! It only took me what... Two months? Buut, it's up and maybe I'll go back to updating more frequently. I kind of lost all inspiration to write for a little bit... I also lost two really good friends but, whatever.

Outfits
I know you also want to read my short story as well. Haha.

Thank you for reading and stuffs. <3