You Are the Only Exception

Dead Could Hear my Shame

Andy came out of the kitchen with two plates while I was watching Fairly Odd Parents. The plates had pancakes, eggs, and bacon on them.

“Isn’t a little late to be having breakfast?” I asked sitting up.
“It’s never too late for breakfast,” Andy said handing me a plate and a fork. “Aren’t you a little old to be watching Fairly Odd Parents?”
“Hey, a person is never too old for Fairly Odd Parents.” I said shoveling a piece of pancake in my mouth. Andy just laughed but then became serious.
“So, when do you want to call Matt and Mixi?” He asked.
“Not right now. I just want to enjoy my amazing food and watch TV.”

We both laughed and ate. It was nice to have someone who would make food for you and watch a kid shows as well. Now I know how most guys feel.

After a little while it was about the time that school would be getting out. I only had about one day left of suspension and Andy made me promise him that I would stay sober the whole time, even though the weekend was coming up too. Andy pulled out his phone and began dialing Matt’s number. I sighed, getting ready for the worst. After a few minutes Andy handed me the phone.

“What do you want? Haven’t you already screwed things up enough?” Matt asked. I just stayed silence, losing my words. “Hel-loo.”
“C-can you come o-over. I need to really talk to you.” I asked. He sighed and the other side went quiet. I had to check three times to make sure that he didn’t hang up. Andy just looked at me while rubbing my back to give me comfort. Finally Matt sighed again.
“Fine. I’ll be over in a few minutes.”
“Thank you.”

Matt hung up and I handed the phone back to Andy. Matt soon showed up with Mixi behind him. My mom was still asleep so we didn’t have to worry about getting caught. We were going to talk on my porch anyways. Andy and I were already sitting out in two of the chairs on the porch.

“You needed to talk?” Matt asked not even looking at me in the eyes.
“I wanted to apologize for last night.” I mumbled.
“You want to apologize? You kicked Mixi and me out last night when we were just trying to help you! Cass, you got in a fight with Alice and were suspended and you spent most of that suspension drunk off your ass. And all because you thought ‘Hey, mom does it, why can’t I?’” I looked at my hands and Mixi just stayed quiet. “So now you have nothing to say.”

“Matt, can we go talk somewhere?” Andy asked getting into the conversation. They both got up and walked to Matt’s car. Mixi sat in the chair that Andy was sitting in before. She looked at me and then took my hand.

“I’m so sorry.” Mixi said.
“I’m the one who should be sorry.” I said. “I’m the one that’s been a major bitch to you and Matt recently. I kicked you both out yesterday. So I’m the one that should be sorry, not you.”
“That is true. But I’m sorry I didn’t see this coming. I mean, I knew you smoked and drank on occasion, but I never saw you having a problem with it. I miss the old Cassi. I miss you.” I sniffled and Mixi put her arms around me. Andy and Matt came back over. Matt looked really pissed off.

“Come on Mixi, I need to get home.” Matt said. Mixi looked at me with a broken look. I knew that she was torn between us.
“Go with him.” I said to her. She nodded her head and left. When they both left I turned to Andy. “What the hell just happened?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took me a little bit. But here it is! c: I hope you guys like it.
Thank you for reading and subscribing.
~le hint: Comments make me update faster c;~