Because of You

Beach Day

After spending an amazing week in New York, we finally arrived back in California. Instead of immediately going to the store like always but I decided to spend time with Tom and Layla who were planning on going to the beach. I was in my room changing into my bikini top, when my cellphone went off. I picked it up and saw the store number and I knew it was Addie. I pressed send.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Hey girl, I was just calling to make sure you guys made it in safely." Addie said.

"Yep, Tom is taking his favorite girls to the beach." I said.

"So, that means I won?" She asked.

"Yep, you did. I'll have your money tomorrow and you can pick your days off." I said with a smile.

"I knew you two belonged together." She said.

"Thank you for helping me see that." I said.

"No prob it's what I do." she said.

"How's the store?" I asked.

"Doing very well. It was so busy here and I interviewed another girl." She said.

"Good." I smiled as I saw Tom walk into the room.

"I'm going to let you go. Have fun and see you tomorrow." She said.

"I will." I said. "Bye." I hung up as Tom took me by the waist and kissed me.

"Ready love?" He asked.

"In just a minute." I said.

I grabbed my tote and threw the sunblock in there for Layla since she tends to burn when she was on the beach. After throwing my hair up in a messy ponytail I made sure I looked perfect as Tom grabbed my hand.

"You are gorgeous now let's go." He said giving me a kiss on the cheek. I wasn't used to this much affection even when we were dating but I knew that now he had me back I would have to get used to it.

***

At the beach we were watching Layla build a sandcastle with another kid around her age. I was sitting up against Tom as he leaned back.

"Are you happy?" He asked.

"What?" I looked back at him.

"Are you happy?" He asked again.

"Yes, I am. I'm very happy." I said with a smile and gave him a kiss.

"I don't ever want to lose you again." He said as he started rubbing my shoulders.

"Don't worry you won't. You have me and Layla forever." I said leaning back.

"Good. Also I have your birthday party all planned out you just have to show up looking stunning." He said and gave me a quick peck on the neck. I nodded and looked out at our baby girl having fun with a smile wondering what the future had in store for us.

Little did I know Tom already had a few tricks up his sleeve.