Because of You

Attacks and New York

I was knocked out in bed when the phone started ringing. I didn't want to answer it but I did anyways. Tom groaned and fell asleep again which caused me to shake my head. Just like when we were dating. He had his arm around my waist which he was cuddler so I didn't read too much into it as I reached over and grabbed my phone. I saw Tye's number and pressed send.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Liv, you have to get to Addie's now. Something happened." She said and that caused me to shoot up.

"What happened?" I asked while moving Tom's arm which caused him to wake up.

"I don't know but Grayson called Bruno and he was crying and Addie was screaming please get here." She said. I got up and grabbed a pair of jeans from my closet.

"I'll be right there." I said as I closed my phone and took of my sweats putting on my jeans.

"What happened?" Tom asked.

"Something happened to Addie and I've got to get there." I said.

"Need me to come with?" He asked.

"No, can you please stay with Layla in case she wakes up." I asked.

"Okay." He said. I grabbed my shoes and didn't bothered to change my shirt. I threw my hair into a ponytail.

"I'll be back." I said.

"Okay." He said as he got up. "I'll be fixing some coffee for us." He stretched.

"No, finish sleep I'm a big girl and I'll be alright." I said.

"Okay, be careful." He said.

I rushed out of the house and drove as fast as I could.

***

As soon as I got to the house I saw Bruno and boys fighting this guy and instantly my heart dropped into my stomach scared that he hurt Addie. I jumped out of my car and rushed to the door. Kenji stopped me.

"Seriously Kenji, let me go!" I yelled.

"It's okay. Addie is okay. Bruno is going to take her to the hospital but she seems fine. Can you just take Grayson and keep him for the night?" He asked.

"Yeah." I nodded. "What happened?" I asked.

"He tried to rape her but Bruno got here in time. She's going to be okay." He said. That's when I saw Tye walking to the door holding a crying Grayson.

I had to keep my feelings in check before I tried to kill the bastard. Tye handed Grayson to me and I took him. I bounced him lightly and rubbed his back to calm him down.

"It's okay sweetie. Your mommy is fine." I said.

"Can you take him home and let him get some sleep?" Kenji asked.

"Yeah, call me when you know something." I said. The cops were there now and taking the man in custody. After Grayson calmed down a little bit to fall asleep I got the car seat out of Bruno's car and Tye put it in mine.

I put Grayson in the car and got in worried about Addie at the moment. I drove off and headed back to my house feeling exhausted. When I got back I saw Tom sitting on the couch. I held a sleeping Grayson in my arms.

"Hey, everything okay?" Tom asked.

"Yeah, some guy attacked Addie and Bruno's taking her to get checked out. Grayson is spending the night and they promised to call me first thing."

"Okay." He said. "You two can go sleep in the bed and I'll stay on the couch."

"Why do that when Layla has twin beds? You can just finish sleep over right in the same bed." I said.

"I don't know I kind of woke up and realized I was cuddling with you and I'm sorry old habits die hard." He said.

"It's okay. I remember you like to cuddle and hell I did too so you're fine. Now I'm going to put him to bed and sit up for a while just to make sure Addie's okay." I said.

"Okay." He said. I walked upstairs and went into Layla's room. She was still dead asleep so I went to her twin bed and took off Grayson's shoes and made sure he was comfortable before I put him to bed and left them to sleep. I walked into my room holding my cellphone and changed out of my jeans back into my sweats. I sat back and felt the tears coming. I saw Tom walk in and he sat down beside me.

"I almost lost my bestfriend." I said as the tears started coming.

Tom instantly wrapped his arms around me and held me.

"It's okay." He said.

I got the call that everything was fine and Addie was released from the hospital.

***

I was packing for my trip to New York with Addie. Tom invited me and Layla to go with him so that he could introduce her to her little brother and give her time to go visit with my mom and other family. Then I was attending 'The Dark Knight Rises' premiere with him. I was excited to go back home but I was didn't know if I was ready to leave Addie by herself. I had to admit that when she was attacked I never realized that she was like a sister that I never had and it scared me shitless that I could've lost her.

"Liv, go with Tom and enjoy your trip." She said.

"But you sure you can run the shop by yourself?" I asked.

She stopped and looked at me.

"Seriously?" She asked.

"Okay maybe I'm just nervous to leave because of what happened to you." I said.

"Aww, you love me." She said.

"Shut your face." I said.

"Just go and take a vacation. Who knows maybe you and Tom can rekindle your relationship." She suggested.

"No, Tom doesn't want me." I said.

"He loves you but you can't see that." She said.

"No, he doesn't." I told her.

"I bet when you come back from New York you two will be together." She said.

"How much you willing to wager?" I asked.

"$100 and two days off whenever I want it." She said.

"Okay, deal." She said and we shook on it.

***

Tuesday afternoon,

We finally arrived to JFK in New York and were in baggage claim awaiting the arrival of Tom. I grabbed my bags and Layla got her one bag.

"Come on let's go see if Dad's here." I suggested.

As soon as we stepped outside I saw Tom standing by a rental waiting while smoking a cigarette. He put it out as soon as we started walking too him.

"Daddy!" Layla said.

"Hey pumpkin." He said giving her a hug and a kiss on the cheek. "Ready to go Liv?" He asked.

"Yeah." I said.

He got my luggage and put it in the trunk with Layla's things. We all got in the car and I sat up front with Tom thinking about Addie's bet. What if she was right?