Status: active<3

Simple Thoughts

I Was Wrong

Classes started today and I was not in the mood for school. Summer had just been so good to me. Especially recently. I couldn't get Kristy and our date out of my head. I had never been so attracted to someone before. I shook my head and tried to clear it as I got dressed.

Classes in college gave me the same intense feeling of boredom that classes in high school gave me. There was nothing exciting about monotone professors and a huge auditorium filled with average kids. I was thankful when all my classes were over and I didn't have to worry about them any longer. I had plans to meet with the football coach and talk about placement on the team.

The coach was a short burly man and he was excited for me to want to be on the team, but he wasn't so thrilled about my past injuries. "Lucas, Lucas, it's great to finally get to talk to you in person. I've been hoping that we could work something out."

"Nice to meet you too." I shook his hand. "So, what were you hoping to work out?"

"Well, I've been watching your tapes. You're one of the best quarterbacks that I have seen in a while," he complimented. "And I'm willing to offer you a first string spot on our team as quarterback. You could jump in after a couple of games because practice has already been happening. The only thing that I'm worried about would be the fact that you have had problems with your . . . ankle? Right?"

"Well, I had an issue with Achilles Tendonitis. I got treatment for it in high school but my doctor said that it could come back at anytime. It's fairly easy to get rid of though."

The meeting was fairly uneventful. We decided to meet again the next day and he'd see how well I planned and if I could catch on quick enough. He had to cut it short though because practice was starting. We left the office and shook hands once more. I glanced across the field and noticed the cheerleaders already practicing.

I, being as I am, took a second to admire the girls. I looked closely trying to find someone I might know from high school. Nobody.

That's when I notice Kristy. She had been blocked by some of the other girls. She wasn't on the team in high school. Since when does she cheer? I was confused. I stood and watched, trying to put the pieces together. As I watched, she ran over to the bleachers, took a gulp of water, and pulled the tank top over her head leaving her in only her sports bra and some shorts.

She looked in my direction then. I smirked at her and winked. I was wrong when I said she was just attractive. She had one of the best bodies I had ever seen. I don't know why I didn't notice it before but I noticed it now. I had to turn away and leave before I embarrassed myself.