Status: active<3

Simple Thoughts

The Library

I hadn't cheered in years. It wasn't my thing anymore, but I guess my mom sent out some tapes of when I used to cheer in the back yard just messing around. I kept in shape, I ran and did yoga. But cheering I hadn't done in years. However, cheering was the only way I could even slightly afford UCF without taking out twenty bajillion loans and so it was worth it.

I wasn't the best, I don't remember most of the terms and I certainly was shaky on my stunts. Practice was hard, it was hot and I was mentally exhausted from school. In fact, I almost didn't recognize Luke when I saw him pass by. I was too focused.

"Alright ladies, hustle over," called our coach. She babbled on and on before finally dismissing us to our final freedom. I wasn't a stupid girl and that was another way I helped pay for college. 75% Bright Futures, a little cheer and now only a little money from parents. I just need a job to cover my other expenses.

Jogging to my car in the parking lot was probably the highlight of my day so far. I could finally go home, lay down and pass out. After all, I knew Adri and she'd want to go out tonight. I have a hard time denying someone, not that she could kick my ass. We both went through a rebellious stage.

I walked into the door to smell food cooking away. "Mmm, 5 o'clock and a home cooked meal. Thank you, doll face." I said, throwing my stuff in the corner. She smiled at the pot before turning around and wrinkling her nose.

"Take a shower, huele mal," she muttered to me. "Are we going out tonight?" She hollered as I jumped into a cold shower. "I know you're tired, but we'll go out around 11 and we'll only stay out till like one or two and I'll be the designated driver!"

I ignored her because showers were where one could do the most thinking. I was trying to figure out why Luke and I continued to cross paths even though it seemed like we had never crossed before. I suppose that's where fate comes in, something I believed with all my heart.

Wrapping myself in a towel and shaking out my hair, I walked to the kitchen. "I guess so, we can go study." I said winking as we both laughed. She nodded and I went to change. Tonight I'd spend my time at the Library, just not the kind of Library most people think of.