Status: active<3

Simple Thoughts

Vanilla Frappe

Morning came too quickly. There was too much sun through my window and the dread of going to classes settled over my mind quickly. As I showered, I remembered the previous night. Will you kiss me? She had wanted to kiss me? Maybe it was just the alcohol.

Whatever the case, I thought I'd cure her hangover with a frappe before class. Starbucks wasn't busy when I got there and my manager was standing at the counter. "Luke, you don't have work today?" she said.

I nodded. "You're right. I came to get a Vanilla Frappe. Tall." We made small talk about everything and she handed me the drink and I handed her money.

I drove back to the dorms and pulled up outside Kristy's just as my phone began ringing. I looked at the caller ID and smiled. "What's up?" I answered.

"Luke! How's college? Mom misses you. She told me not to tell you but she does. I do too. Are you coming home soon?" my sister, Ronnie, said in one big breath.

I chuckled, as I walked into the building with the coffee in my hands. "Why aren't you at school?" I asked.

"Well, I kinda decided to play hookie today," she said quietly.

"Veronica, how dare you. When I used to ask you if you wanted to skip, you'd just look at me like I had suggested cutting off our hands. Now you're skipping without me. I see how it is," I told her with mocking shock.

"Yeah, well, I'm sixteen now. I'm a big girl." I could just imagine her sticking her tongue out then.

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever, Ron. I'll call you later, though. Kay?"

"Alright," she sighed. "Talk to you later."

I was in front of Kristy's door then. I knocked as I leaned against the door frame. The lock clicked and a smile spread across my face involuntarily. When the door swung open, it revealed a totally different girl from the one I had seen last night. This one was more put together and didn't seem as drunk. Just hungover.

"What are you doing here?" she asked. "Come to ask me on another date?"

"Actually, I brought you a frappe. I figured it would cure your hangover and that it would give me a reason to show up here to walk you to class," I chuckled. I rubbed the back of my neck smirking.

She held up her finger, telling me to give her one minute. She snatched the coffee out of my hand and slammed the door shut in a matter of seconds. I was left in front of her closed door confused.

I could hear talking on the other side of the door and then the door opened again and Kristy had her bag, books, and coffee in her hands. "I'll see you later, Adri!" she yelled back into the room.