Status: active<3

Simple Thoughts

Pretty Please

We spent the day in Kristy's dorm. We watched movies and I cooked lunch for her. We were currently sitting on the couch, watching The Notebook. Kristy was leaning on my chest and I had my arm around her. These were the days I lived for.

My phone rang in my pocket and I pulled it out to glance at the caller ID. I was planning on ignoring it until I saw it was Ronnie. "Sorry Kristy, I have to take this," I said, smiling embarrassed.

"It's fine," she said, pausing the movie.

I pressed answer and held the phone to my ear, "What's up, Ronnie?" I pulled Kristy closer as she tried escaping.

"Luke! I haven't talked to you in forever! When are you coming to see me?" Ronnie exclaimed, a smile heard in her voice.

"Um," I started. I was distracted though by Kristy whispering.

"Who is it?" she asked, curiosity getting the best of her. She looked up at me with big eyes.

"Luke?" the girl on the other end of the phone asked.

"Yeah, Ron, hold on." I turned to Kristy. "It's my sister."

Confusion flashed in her eyes, "You have a sister?"

I nodded, "Remember, I told you she's obsessed with Music and Lyrics."

"Right, right."

"Luke! Who are you talking to? Is that a girl?" she asked, excited. "Luke, are you dating someone?"

I rubbed my forehead. "I swear to God Ronnie, if you say anything to Mom, anything at all - "

I was cut off by her screaming on the other end. "Mom! Luke's got a girlfriend!" There was mumbling and I couldn't understand what they were saying. "She says that you have to come down next weekend so we can meet her," Ronnie said, laughing evilly.

"Fuck you," I spat, attaching a laugh at the end. "You're a bitch sometimes. What if she doesn't want to?"

Some more mumbling. "Mom says that she's sure you can convince her."

"Don't want to what? Convince who of?" she asked, panic invading her voice.

I looked to her, sighing. "My sister and her big mouth decided that since I was hanging around a girl you must be my girlfriend and I have to convince you to go meet my mom and my sister." I listened to the phone for a second. "I have to go Ronnie. I'll call you tonight." I hung up and looked at Kristy.

"I don't really do good with parents, Luke," she explained, quickly.

I put on my best puppy dog face, "Please, you have to. They won't leave me alone until they meet you!"

"No, no. Thank you."

I huffed. "Kristy, what can I do to convince you?"

She cocked a brow. "Nothing?"

I slipped off the couch, begging her with a pleading look in my eyes and my knees on the ground. "Pretty please! Pretty, pretty please!"

As she shook her head, I climbed back onto the couch. "This isn't over," I mumbled.