Status: active<3

Simple Thoughts

Are You Gonna Eat That?

Adri had finally emerged from her bedroom around 3, right after Luke left. Her hair was a mess, she had sparkles smeared across her face and she had bags underneath her eyes. "You look terrible," I said with a chuckle.

"Gee thanks, bitch." She said, plopping onto a chair at the table. "Make me food?" She asked, her big brown eyes resembling a puppy. She jutted her lip out and I smiled. "Please?" She added with a whimper.

"Fine, only cause you look like shit," I answered, "And I was about to make food for me." I said, turning and grabbing another two pieces of bread to make two tuna melts. "Tuna melt is okay?" I asked and she grunted in response.

The house got quiet with only the popping of the frying pan to fill the silence. "Luke's family wants to meet me," I said in an attempt to break the ice. She raised her head and blinked at me. Clearly, we both thought it was a bad idea.

"That's very fast," she finally said. I nodded and slid the two sandwiches onto two plates. I walked to the table and set them down. Adri pulled her bird nest of hair into a bun and took a gigantic bite. "I just think thathi is a bad idea," she mumbled with a mouth full of food.

"I know, that's what I said. I'm no good with parents. They don't like girls like me." I said, glancing down at my food. It was true. First impressions were good, but eventually, they didn't like what they figured out about me. I sighed, ripping the sandwich in half.

"Kristy, parents love you. If you have to do it, suck it up and do it. I'd try to weasel out of it. But, parents think you're great. You're smart, beautiful, a cheerleader. You have a good head on shoulders," Adri said.

I blinked and raised a brow at her. "Are you sick?" I asked, reaching to touch her forehead. She smacked my hand away and glared. "You're being nice," I said with shock coating my voice.

"Shut up, bitch. I can be nice," she muttered, finishing her food and snagging half of mine.

"There it is," I said with a chuckle.

"So, are you gonna go?" She asked, gulping down water. I shrugged slowly for a part of me wanted to go, but the bigger part of me thought it was bad. Meeting the parents is always a mutual thing. Soon, he'll have to meet my parents. That's never good.

"I guess. I just hope he doesn't ask to meet my mom," I said with a shiver. Adri mirrored me and we both sat in silence. "I mean, I don''t even wanna be in town. If she knew, she'd bitch at me for me not coming to see her. Especially with Dad gone."

Adri nodded, clearly ending the conversation. "So, are you gonna eat that?" She asked, reaching and grabbing the other half of my sandwich. "Guess not, cool." She finished while I texted Luke an okay.

Butterflies settled in my stomach as I pressed send.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's late, I'm tired. This is your result.