Status: active<3

Simple Thoughts

Ten Digits

Starbucks seemed to be a simple pleasure of hers. I wasn't surprised when she pushed open the door to the store that next morning. She held a hand to her forehead and shielded her eyes against the fluorescent lights. I couldn't help but chuckle at her predicament. She was hungover.

"What are you laughing at?" she snapped. The store was empty.

"You. I'm laughing at you. One Vanilla Frappe coming up. And dinner, tonight. Seven o' clock. What's your dorm?" he said quickly. She lifted her head out of her heads and looked at me with her eyebrow perfectly arched. She didn't say anything, just reached into her wallet and pulled out a five dollar bill.

I took the bill from her and set the frappe down on the counter. "¿Hablas en serio?" she mumbled. "Are you ever going to give up?"

"Just let me take you to dinner. If you don't like it, you don't have to ever talk to me again. Please?" I flashed her one of my dazzling smiles and after a second of her just staring at me, I nervously rubbed the back of my neck. I slid her change across the counter and she continued to just stare at me, her eyebrow arching slowly once more.

She took her change and her coffee and went to sit at the table in the back. "Please?" I figured if I bothered her enough, she would just give in. "Please? Just this once?" She continued to ignore me. She'd pick at her fingernails, brush her fingers through her chocolate brown curls, look around the store but never at me.

Please? I dropped the sticky note down on her table.

Before she left, she came up to the counter, smiled sweetly and said, "Fuck off" as she pressed the sticky part of the note on the counter. She pushed open the door and disappeared into the parking lot. I looked down at the note and saw ten digits written across the bottom.