‹ Prequel: Heaven Sent

Take My Hand

Without you, there is no me.

Two years earlier, my Leukemia had gone into remission, but there was a period of time where it looked like I wouldn’t make it to see the next morning. Thanks to Garrett, I managed to make it and accept a donation of bone marrow and ever since then, I hadn’t taken a single day for granted. He taught me how to swim, how to ride a bike, and I started to make decisions based on what I wanted, not what my parents wanted.

That included giving up ballet, though I did spend my fair share of weekends with my previous instructor, Martine. She had called and asked for help in training new students, which I didn’t mind doing. I also gave up playing the piano for competitions - my last had been the one that I won before my illness took over my life. But I couldn’t give up completely, and ended up majoring in music at Arizona State University, where I had graduated only the month before and shortly after, found a job teaching the piano.

And then there was always Garrett, who I had fallen in love with a long time ago. Back when I had just been introduced to the group of friends, our history started there.

Back then, I never would have guessed that we would be standing where we were today.
  1. c l o s e y o u r e y e s
    you're so young and still so free.