Work in Progress

Movie Night

“Geno, you’re drunk,” Monique said to Geno after he confessed that he thought she was sexy.
“Not drunk. Staalsy only give one drink.”
“Are you sure?”
Geno just smiled at nodded at Monique. It was a funny smile, but not an ugly one. It looked as if he were now questioning what he told her. “Sorry,” he said.
“No, no. Don’t be sorry. I was just thinking that you were a bit drunk. That’s all.”
“I’m not,” he said as he took her hand in his. He immediately let go when Jordan walked back into the living room with some snacks and a drink for Monique.
“I didn’t know what you liked, so I just got you a soda. I hope that’s okay.”
“It’s fine. Is anyone else coming?”
“Uhhhh. James Neal is on his way, and Flower and Vero said that they would come. She always brings cake, so I hope they come.”
Geno’s eyes lit up. “Cake,” he exclaimed. “Vero make good cake. So good!”
Monique and Jordan both laughed at Geno, and then he started laughing at himself. He knew that he could be funny, but sometimes he couldn’t control it.
Jordan ran back to the kitchen, and returned with something in his hand. He threw it at Geno and said, “Maybe that will hold you over until they get here!”
Geno looked at the package in his hand. It was a thing of Hostess Swiss Rolls. He smiled, and then offered Monique one.
“Sure,” she said with a smile, and then they all heard a knock on the door.
Jordan didn’t even have to answer the door because James just walked right in after he knocked. He handed Jordan a case of beer, and then said hi to everyone. He looked at Monique and said, “Aren’t you the new girl that does some PR? Why are you here?”
Jordan said anything before Brittany did, “Nealer, why don’t you help me with the beer?”
“Yeah,” he said as he followed Jordan into the kitchen.
“Dude, don’t be rude. Geno kind of likes her but was too shy to say anything.”
“But can’t they both get in trouble?”
“There’s nothing said about it. They should be fine, besides, who knows what could really happen? He might just think that he likes her. I don’t know, though. He just told me to invite her.”
“Oh.”
With that, the two went back to the living room where they found Geno gushing over Vero’s cakes. James just laughed at him, and Jordan tried to get Geno away from the cake. He finally did, and he walked Vero into the kitchen, leaving Fleury and the rest of the gang with Monique. After they put the cakes away, they went back to the living room and Vero latched onto her fiancé as fast as she could.
Jordan looked at everyone and said, “We’ve got chips, vodka from Geno, beer, cake, and whatever else is in my kitchen. I say we pick a movie and just have a movie night?”
Everyone agreed, but James decided that he had to choose the movie. Vero saw Monique and warned her that when the boys decide to watch movies, it gets boring because they always choose action movies or violent ones. However, this time, Vero was wrong because James decided on a comedy. The movie for the night would be Caddyshack, a funny movie about golf.
Geno decided that he wasn’t leaving the couch, and he told Monique to come and sit with him. She was a bit unsure, but she sat beside him. Jordan was content with sitting on the floor – all he needed was a pillow. James also took a floor pillow, and Vero and Marc-Andre sat on a recliner together.
Halfway through the movie, Geno had pulled Monique closer to him, and Jordan just smiled because he knew his plan was working. He looked back and saw that Geno was just staring at Monique as she tried to watch the movie. Geno did manage to distract her a few times by grabbing her hands and blowing in her ear, but she was a bit embarrassed in front of everyone else to let it go any farther. She knew she liked Geno, but she didn’t know if it would work. One thing was certain, though. She loved all the attention he gave her.