Sequel: For All I Know
Status: completed!!! sequel on the way...

The Middle

Prologue

Claire Brecht, a 22-year-old college student who works part-time at the United Centre, has her fair share of heartache in her life. Her parents died when she was 16, leaving her and her younger brother to go live with their aunt in Chicago.

Ryan, Claire’s 8-year-old brother, was diagnosed with leukemia when he was 6 ½. He was stationed at North Western Hospital in Chicago. It made Claire happy that he was close and not in a hospital further away from her and the rest of the family.

Claire had made it a ritual to visit Ryan every day. She didn’t do it out of obligation, but rather because she loved her little brother. Every day that passed that Ryan was still here, was a blessing to Claire. She adored the little guy and would do just about everything and anything for him.

When Claire had found out that the Blackhawks were coming to visit the sick kids at North Western, she made sure she booked the day off. She didn’t want to miss the look on Ryan’s face if he were to see his idol, Patrick Kane on his birthday.

------------------------

Patrick Kane, a 23-year-old hockey player, was going through some rough times. He had this image as a “party boy,” but he really just liked to have fun. He was in his prime; already achieving a silver medal and a Stanley Cup in the span of 4 months. He was in no sense ready to slow down. He enjoyed his life, and wasn’t in no mood to throw it all way just yet.

Being a Chicago Blackhawk, Patrick had some obligations to the people of Chicago. He had scheduled appearances and autograph signings. Though he loved the party life, Patrick cherished every moment he got to spend with his fans. It’s their cheers he thrives off of in the United Center and their support that gets the team through rough times.

The Blackhawks were scheduled to go to North Western to visit some of the sick kids and bring them gifts for Christmas. Word had got to Patrick that a little boy named Ryan claimed to be his number 1 fan. Patrick made a special note to visit him while he was there.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here is my first attempt at a Kaner story =)...
SUPER thanks to kat_withak for helping me get this story up and running =) .....I highly recommend checking out her stories ...She's amazing =)

Hope you like this new story.. the first chapter is done so i'm uploading it right after this is posted =)