Status: Finished... Not All Relationships Last Forever.... Sorry To Dissapoint...

Meet Me on Thames St.

Wish You Were Here

I rushed to the mailbox. He hadn't written me in months. He had to have written to me. I needed to know where he was. Even if it said he found the love of his life out there, I wanted to know where there is.

There was a white envelope addressed to me. I ripped it open and a picture fell out. It was him on the beach with Eric and Tara. On the back side of the picture it said 'Malibu Surfrider Beach. Malibu Pier.'

Inside the envelope was a letter. I rushed to see his sloppy hand writing that I hadn't seen in the longest......

My Ash,

It's been forever since I last wrote. I don't even know if your getting my letters, anymore. Maybe, you finally agreed to date that loser, Ryan. He always liked you. I never understood why you wasted your time on me.

California's beautiful. Like we always thought it would be. I've been wanting to write but we didn't seem to have had a good place since we came back from England. We bounced around Texas for awhile, but we finally got a good job in Cali. We might be here for awhile. Me and Eric got a job bartending in a place not far from this beach. We even got a two bedroom apartment now.

God, this place is so pretty. I know, you would love it. I remember the talks we would have about how we wanted to move somewhere near a beach. I go to the beach everday, and think of you. You're always on my mind.

I hope you don't hate me for leaving the way I did. Maybe, it's better if you hate me. Maybe it's better if you forget me entirely. I'm selfish for still holding onto you like this. I want you to understand that I never wanted to leave you. I got out of high school and just need to leave that town. You were just ending your sophomore year. You couldn't just leave. I know, I'm fucked up for leaving without a goodbye, but i know that I wouldn't be able to leave then.

Happy 18th birthday! I wish I could say it in person. You probably thought I'd forget. Hope graduation went well. I wish I could have been there. I wonder what you're doing with you're life. If I know you your still working at that shitty diner, you've worked at since you were fourteen. I sometimes wonder if you're dating someone new and if you don't even open my letters.

Eric told me to stop writing. He says that I'm just hurting us both. To be honest, I'm not sure why I'm writing. There is a small hope that you will get these letters, actually read them, and feel the same way you did for me when you were 16. When we would make out on the roof of my car. When we would stay out all night. When we would watch your favorite movie, A Walk To Remember, all the time and you would tell me all your favorite parts. When I would steal my dad's liquor and we would drink it on the roof of the house. The night of my senior prom. That was all a long time ago, but they're my best memories.

Tara says Hi. She spends practically the entire day tanning on the beach. She gets lonely without you. She doesn't have any girl to hang out with. I miss you more and more every day. I wish you were here. Tell my parents that I'm back in the states and I’ll write them soon. Don’t let them know that I’m California because they’ll try to bring me back to Ohio. I love you. Never Forget That.

Forever and always,
Chase
---

I hadn’t realized that I began to cry. He remembered and he still felt the same way he did when we were together. I knew where he was and I wasn’t going to slip out of my hands again. Next thing I know, I’m at the airport buying myself a one way ticket to Malibu, California.