Status: Finished... Not All Relationships Last Forever.... Sorry To Dissapoint...

Meet Me on Thames St.

Not So Sweet Sixteen

“I hope this song is the elevator music
On your way to hell
And here's to all the stories that you told so well
And knowing every one was a lie
Now I think I'm ready to try” My phone buzzed

I rolled over, still half unconscious.

6 text messages. One from Charlie, Ryan, Drew, and three girls from the cheer squad. All were to wish me a happy birthday. I was finally sixteen.

I decided to finally get out of bed, when I smelled pancakes. These are the times I love my father. I reached the table to see a star shaped pancake with my name written in maple syrup. One of our birthday traditions.

Of course there was a little sticky note saying, there was an accident and he wouldn’t be home for a while. As usual work gets in the way. At least he remembered.

Chase must have forgotten. I didn’t mind though. My birthday wasn’t a big deal. I decided to call Tara, but her phone went straight to voicemail. I sighed, I didn’t want to spend today alone.
I heard a knock on the door. Maybe it was Chase. I opened the door to see Charlie and Ryan smiling widely.

“Happy Birthday, Gorgeous” Ryan smirked

Even though, I was dating Chase and he didn’t like it, we agreed to stay friends. He still flirted, sometimes and still professed his hate for Chase from time to time.

Charlie grabbed me in a hug “You look beautiful, birthday girl”

“Thanks, Char”

“So does the birthday princess have any plans?” Ryan asks

I thought for a moment.

“Not at all.”

“Then you’re going out with us.” He smiles

“Alright, so where are we going?” I question

“Roller skating” Charlie sang

-

I was now coming home around 8 o’ clock. Still no text from Tara or Chase. It kinda hurt. Not even just about saying ‘hey’. Eric didn’t bother to message me either. Were they all out together?

That’s when I got a phone call. It was Chase’s mother, Linda, crying asking if I had seen him. He left early in the morning and didn’t say anything. My mind began to race. Is he in trouble? My dad was called to an accident this morning, was he in the car?

I hung up with Linda and immediately called Chase. It went straight to voicemail. I spent the next two hours calling him frantically.

“Hi, you reached Chase. I might be with my beautiful girlfriend, Ashley, right now. So leave a message and I might get back to, probably not.” Beep

“Hey, it’s me. Look, I don’t care what’s going on. I just want to know that you’re safe. Please call me back. I love you.”

I then heard a knock on the door. I flew down the stair to see. Linda tears streaming down her face. She was gripping an envelope in her hand. The only time I’d seen her cry like this was at Matthew’s funeral.

“He left. I found two letters. I lost both my sons, now.” She sobbed handing me the letter and ran to her car

I walked to my bed and opened the letter

I’m not sure where to begin. Let’s me first say, you were the best part of my life. The last year and half was the best moments of my life. I love you more than you could know. You’ve saved me. I would be dead right now, if it wasn’t for you. I will always owe you.

I told Ryan and Charlie to take you out. I didn’t want you sitting home alone on your birthday. A sixteenth birthday is a pretty big deal. I hope you had a blast today. I wish I could have spent it with you.
I didn’t know how to say this. I’m leaving today. I’ve been planning it for awhile, but I couldn’t bring myself to leave you. Tara and Eric came. Don’t blame them, though. They wanted to tell you. I wanted to. I couldn’t bring myself to do it.

I need you to do something for me though. I need you to hate me. I need you to never want to see me again. Forget I even existed. Move on from me. Date someone else. Marry a doctor. Have four kids, like you always wanted. Have a boy and name him Matty.

Please don’t come looking for me. You’re better off without me. I love you. Happy Birthday. Take care of yourself.

Forever And Always,
Chase
♠ ♠ ♠
I know
Sucky filler
comments are really appreciated(: