Breakdown.

S I X T H.

Three days after the party, I sat in an outdoor seating area of a restaurant. My legs were crossed one over the other and I absently drummed my fingers against the bare skin of my thigh.

I was waiting for Kayla, whom I hadn't bothered speaking to since Dylan came home. Of course I was happy he had come back, but at the time, I was preparing myself to get over Dylan. And maybe, just maybe, if he had never canceled the tour to be with me, I would be in a completely different place in my life right now. Unhappy, probably, but different nonetheless.

Kayla was supposed to be my friend, not Dylan's. It bothered me that she helped him and not myself, her supposed best friend.

I pushed my aviators further up the bridge of my nose. The sun was shining brightly, like usual. It was the beginning of November yet it still felt like summer. It was just a perk of living in Southern California, I suppose, because everywhere else in the world it was either raining or snowing.

"Hey."

Kayla's voice startled me and caused me to jump in my seat. I whipped my head towards her. She was dressed as if she had just gotten off of work, and her hair sat in loose curls around her shoulders, while mine was simply straight and tossed up into a pony tail.

She slid into the seat across from mine, her eyes locking onto my own. I pulled my sunglasses off my face and placed them onto the table in front of us.

She still held onto her purse and bit her bottom lip timidly. "How are you?"

"Fine." I shrugged. "How about you?"

"I'm okay..." She paused and inhaled a deep breath before continuing, not wasting very much time. "Bree, I'm sorry. I probably shouldn't have been talking to Dylan, and should've just let you guys figure it all out on your own. But you were so depressed-"

"I was." I cut her off. "But now I'm not, thanks to you."

She smiled weakly and I could tell that she was confused. I uncrossed my legs and sat up straighter, resting my arms against the table.

"I was mad at you, Kay, and I kinda still am. But now I understand your intentions." I stated. "It took me leaving to realize how much I do need him in my life. I'm glad you didn't stop him from coming back."

Grinning happily, she pushed a hand through her hair. "Well you're welcome."

I held out my pinkie finger towards her, my own dorky smirk plastered across my lips. "Still B triple F's?"

She laughed out loud, immediately hooking her own finger with mine, giggling, "Best fucking friends forever."
♠ ♠ ♠
Bree's outfit.
Kayla's outfit.

* * *

Pretty short update, I know. I'm sorry. But right now I'm dealing with some personal drama in my life. However, I still made time to create a new story ft. J3T! It's a one-shot titled Woe Is Me. and I think all of my readers should check it out.

As for Lost, I've really been slacking. I don't when I'll be updating that again, honestly.

I'm also working on a new story starring Brandon Novak. So watch out for that. (: