I Will Drown in the Fear.

9-11

*Nov. 2000.*

"GO FRANKIE!!!!"I yelled as he went on stage.His band Pencey Prep was playing their first show and I had gone for support.Gerard was in New York and Mikey was visiting their Grandma with his mom and dad.I had only heard three song from Pencey Prep but I liked them.I also hadn't hung out with Frank in awhile cause he was touring with his first band during my senior year.They played their set and then walked off. The crowd seemed to enjoy it.I ran over and hugged Frank.

"Eww.."I said letting go of him quickly."You're all sweaty." He giggled.

"How was it?"

"It was awesome!"I smiled.He packed up and headed back to Belleville.I dropped Frank off at home and then went home myself.I changed into a tee shirt and plaid pajama pants,hugged Yoshi and my teddy bear that Gerard had gotten me-Shinboku.It meant friendship in Japanese.I kissed the locket Mikey gave me and went to sleep.

~~!!~~~!!~~~~!!~~~~~!!~~~~~~!~~~~~~~!!~~~~~~~!!~~~~~~~!!~~~~~~!~~~~~!!~~~~!~~~!!~~

*Sept 11,2001*

"Mikey!I'm back!"The house seemed empty and quiet despite the TV being on."Mikey?"I called walking into the living room.I noticed him on the couch and sat his coffee on the down in front of him."What are you watching?"

"The news.Thanks for the coffee."I smiled and sat next to him.

It's been almost four years since I met Mikey,Frank and Gerard.I've also befriend a mutual friend of Gerard's named Matt and a guy named Ray that know the Way brothers.I work at a small music store and I live with Mikey.

"Ray called.He wants to hang out today."Mikey told me.I nodded as I sipped my coffee and stared at the TV.

"I have to get ready for work."Mikey said after a few minutes.He left the room and I heard the shower start soon after.I settled more comfortably into the couch as I drank more of my large hazelnut coffee.The phone rang suddenly and startled me.I picked it up hastily because of the annoying ringer.

"Hello?"

"KADE!Stop what you're doing and watch the news!"

"I already am.What's this all about,Gerard?"

"The twin towers...They got crash into!"

"WHAT?!"

"It's true!I was on my way to work when I saw it happen!"

"Damn.This is...this is....-Huge!!"

"I know but-hey!I've gotta go."

"Okay.Love you,Gee."

"Love you too,Kade."We hung up then Mikey walked in.

"Mikey!You'll never gu-Mind putting some clothes on?"I said noticing he was in nothing besides boxers.

"Oh shut up."

"Anyways.Gerard just called.He said he was on the way to work when the Twin Towers got crashed into!"

"Holy shit!"

"Breaking News.It seems that only mere moments ago,a jet airliner crashed into each of the Twin Towers."Our heads snapped to the TV and we watched intently.We were both dead silent as we stared at the footage of the the tragedy that was happening.A few minutes later,Mikey walked upstairs.When he came back down he was fully dressed.

"I have to go to work.I'll be back for lunch."He said pulling on his coat.He walked over,gave me a quick hug and kiss then left.Mikey and I aren't dating or anything but I do like Mikey.

Anyways,after a few more minutes of watching TV i turned on the Nintendo 64 and started a fifty round game of Mario Party as Yoshi on Mario's Rainbow Castle.The door opened about twenty five minutes later.

"Mikey?Kade?"I heard Gerard call out as he closed the door.

"In here!"He walked in and sat down beside me."I thought you were at work."

"I quit.After those towers went down I realized I'm not doing shit of this world.

"Ohhhh."

"Mikey at work?"

"Yeah.He'll be home for lunch.I'm going to hang out with Ray if he ever calls back."

"Awesome.Well I gotta go.I'll be by later." He kissed my forehead and left.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Kade!I'm back!"

"Hey Mikey!I'm in the kitchen!"

"Mmmmm....Pizza."He said walking in.

"It's home-made too."I said getting out two cans of Coke.In the middle of eating,the door opened and closed then Gerard walked into the kitchen.

"What are you doing here?I thought you had to work today?"Mikey asked him.Gerard explained to Mikey how and why he quit.

"What are you gonna do now?"

"I was thinking of starting a band.Hopefully it'll work this time."

"We'll be there for you every step of the way."I said handing him a can of Coke."To Gerard."I said holding up my drink.Mikey followed my actions and we took a gulp.

"Thanks guys.See ya later.I need to go do some stuff if I'm gonna make this happen."

"Later Gerard!"We called after him.