Status: Being worked on

Shards

Part 1 - Chapter 1

“Afraid to know what happened to this one” a male said looking at a body under the white sheet that covered the blood soaked and mangled body He wore a suit, his tie neatly fixed in the center of his white button down. “Detective Pearson” a women said as she walked over holding a blood covered shirt in gloved hand. He took the shirt in his own gloved hand examining it. He tilted his head to the side seeing what looked like holes in the shirt from a knife.
“hmph” he said thoughtfully to himself and then looked at the people crowding the crime scene. ‘Just like vultures’ he thought to himself “All right we’re wrapping things up over here. Officers get this body to the morgue. I have to start getting all this processed”
They nodded and the uniformed men and women started to gether, some keeping the crowd back while others helped the EMT’s get the body (and it’s scattered parts) into the ambulance.
*~*~*~*
Detective Pearson made his way to the other side of the yellow tape carrying his case, which held all the things he needed to process a crime scene. Upon walking the few blocks away to where his car was parked, he noticed something on the street. Looking both ways before approaching the object, he could see it glistening under the street lamp.
“What the hell?” he said to himself picking up what looked like a pendant of a pentagram? A few blood droplets were on it and he concluded it must have belonged to the killer. Quickly heading toward the car again, he took out his cell phone. Not even seconds away from the car door, Pearson whisked around at the sound of the street lamp glass shattering leaving the area in darkness. Ordinarily, Pearson would have gone to investigate what that had just happened, but this time it was different. Ignoring his instinct to find out what happened, he opened the car door placing the equipment case in the passenger seat beside the drivers and then sat him down in front of the steering wheel.
*~*~*~*
At the turn of the key something heavy landed on the hood of Pearson’s car, making the engine come to a complete halt. He looked through the windshield as a large shadow fell over him on the inside of the car. He quickly went to draw his gun, but was stopped when the windshield shattered. He felt something grab him and fought trying to get free. It kept pulling him out through the broken windshield, glass cutting deep into his skin, the glass beginning to stain red while he fought to get the hands to release him. He refused to give up the fight and reached for his weapon once again. As soon as he held the gun in his hand his confidence of surviving this encounter drained from him. Because as soon as he held the gun in his hand the fingers to one of the large hands that grabbed him, dug deep into his neck. He could practically feel it touching his spine all the while still very much alive. He twitched and shook, blood slowly beginning to spill from his mouth.
*~*~*~*
He could feel the warm blood running down his neck and soaking into his shirt. His eyes shifted and looked at his attacker, feeling the thick caw like fingers in his neck move and grip in an upward motion in his neck making him let out a choking gargling like sound. With a quick motion, Pearson’s life quickly ended as his head was literally torn off his shoulders and tossed to the side, falling in the passenger seat next to his equipment case. His eyes blinked momentarily and his mouth twitched until it went stiff, a few trickles of blood coming out of his mouth. The grotesque wasn’t over, because now that Pearson was dead, his killer could do what they please with his body to satisfy a hunger that needed to be settled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Question time!:
It was a messed up death. I know. Anyway, did you figure Pearson was going to die? If you did, how did you think it was going to happen?