More Than This

If you ever wonder, I'm lonely here tonight.

The next morning Eleanor was sure to wake up before everyone else, which really wasn't difficult, Her and Zayn had gone to bed well before the rest of the group, and no matter how early he went to bed Zayn could sleep til noon. She thought about how all the little facts she knew about him and laughed, until she realized she didn't have him. Which brought her back to the awkward reality that was this trip. She put on the cutest outfit she packed, then walked into the giant bathroom. for a "little cabin in the woods" it sure had a lot of luxuries. She checked the time, it was on 9 am. This was probably the earliest she'd been up since the beginning of the trip. This gave her a good 2 hours or so before everyone else got up. She took her time on her hair and makeup. She finished up with still a lot of time to go. She crept around the house not wanting to wake anyone. She wasn't sure why, but she wanted to be alone for as long as possible, and she was glad she had gotten herself looking as good as possible before everyone woke up. Zayn in particular...or maybe Louis. She was still confused on that topic, she walked into the kitchen and made some coffee. They hadn't had alot of time to look around the night before, so she figured she'd drink her coffee and take a look around. She found a big balcony deck overlooking a gorgeous field and forest near the back of the cabin. She wasn't even sure why she still called it a cabin, it was bigger than her house back in the states, and this was just for vacations. She sat at a small cafe style table that was on the deck. This was an excellent place to think. She took a deep breath of the warm summer air and looked at the spectacular view. Ireland was so pretty, and green. Nothing like back in the city. She checked the clock again it was only 10:15. She expected everyone up at about 11:30 or so, she woke up briefly at around 3 am and everyone was still up, who knows how late they stayed up last night. Her morning routine was already completely totally completely uninterrupted. That felt good, not having to rush around or be around other people. Maybe she should be a morning person. hahahah no, this was an occasion. She sat outside until about 11 only going back in for more coffee, She was totally zoned out until she heard the door open behind her. She turned around quickly, It was Louis.
"Good morning lovely, What are you doing all by yourself?" He sat down next to her
He obviously had just gotten out of bed, he was still wearing his shorts and t shirt, his hair was a mess and his eyes looked tired. Regardless he looked gorgeous.
"I just like being by myself for a little bit in the morning, and we went to bed well before the rest of you" she laughed
"You and Zayn did turn in quite early" he said implying something was going on
She play lightly hit his arm "no none of that" she laughed "not that it could have been any more awkward"
She looked back at the scenery "Isn't it lovely?" she sighed
"It is indeed very lovely" he said not taking his eyes off of her. She smiled shyly at the ground. this reminded her of their first date.
They talked and laughed for a good 20 minutes, She was surprised no one else was still up, She didn't mind, her and louis were having a genuinely good time talking, he made her laugh, really laugh, with almost everything he said, It was impossible not to smile when he did. She saw something move out of the corner of her eye. It was Zayn walking past the glass doors. He looked less than amused as her quickly passed down the hall. Her smile quickly faded. Louis noticed things get awkward
"Well, we havent got all day, I should probably get dressed hmm." he said with his gorgeous smile and walked back inside. Eleanor followed him.
She heard loud laughter coming from the bathroom, it was probably Summer and Bella finally getting up for the day. She had felt oddly outcasted from them since she hadn't been dating one of the boys. It was that they were intentionally leaving her out, they had just lost things to talk about since she wasn't part of the only conversation they could manage to hold.
She was tired of hearing about the sweet things Harry and Niall were doing while she was alone. Maybe it wasn't even Zayn she missed. Maybe it was the clique, being part of the conversation, being a main part of the group. At first she had tried hanging out with the four of them but after a while it depressed her more than anything.
Louis came out of His room dressed now with his hair fixed. He took a seat next to her on the couch.
"Well I see everyone's up now." She said to Louis
"Not Liam or Harry" Niall chimed in sitting in a chair next to them.
Bella and Summer walked out of the bathroom with their hair and makeup finished. Arabella didn't need to do much, she was more of a natural beauty,
"Oh Hey Ele, didn't know you were up" they said walking past her and into the kitchen
"Oh hey, i've been up for...." she trailed off "and ignored" she laughed to Niall and Louis
"Morning everyone" Liam said cheerfully sitting on the arm of the couch
"Morning?" Eleanor laughed "It's almost 1"
"Where's Harry?" Louis asked
"Still sleeping" Niall replied
All three boys got a mischievous look on their faces. Eleanor Looked confused. They all ran down the hall to harry's room.
And Eleanor was alone again. Zayn walked in the room.
"Good morning Za-" He also walked into the kitchen
"why did I come here?" She said aloud to herself.
"DON'T YOU BOYS DARE TOUCH HARRY!" Arabella yelled running down the hall
"oh so she managed to hear that" Eleanor was enjoying the fact she could say all her thoughts aloud and still be totally ignored.
"Eleanor" Louis walked back in from a different hallway. How on earth did this house work?
"Yeah Louis?" she replied. finally acknowledged.
"Everyone's kind of doing their own thing today, and niall said theres some nice trails back past the field, would you like to go on a walk with me?" he said somewhat nervously. She could tell her was preparing for rejection.
"That sounds great Lou" she said with a smile "I'm just gonna go change my shoes, heels aren't really appropriate for a hike" she joked walking back into her and Zayns room.
Zayn was sitting on his bed with his face in his phone. He was wearing his glasses, she loved when he wore his glasses.
"where ya going?" He said looking up from his phone while she changed shoes
"On a walk" she replied "what are you doing today?"
"I don't know" He said trailing off as he walked out of the room
"good talk.." she said to herself.
Zayn walked into the room where Louis was
"What are ya doing mate?" he said sitting down next to him
"Just waiting on Eleanor" Louis replied.
"exactly" Zayn said "what are you doing?" Louis looked confused
"Zayn I think you're forgetting the part where YOU took her from ME" louis laughed
"no mate I think you're forgetting the part where you wanted to go back with Claire" Zayn mocked Louis' laugh
Eleanor walked back out
"Ready" she sang
Louis got up and walked out with his hand on her back, he half way smiled at Zayn. Eleanor felt insanely awkward. They walked for a while then got too a trail marked in the insanely green forest. Louis grabbed her hand. They walked on the trail together talking and laughing for about an hour until they got super tired. They sat on a big flat rock overlooking a meadow. It was quiet for a while as they took in the scenery. She had gotten used to the fact that Louis was constantly staring at her.
Then he kissed her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry the chapter was so long.
I haven't updated in a while so I wanted to get all caught up on this chapter. The next one will be a normal length. promise.