Status: Active :)

Stay With Me

Chapter 05.

“Rhi, how are those You Me At Six designs going?” Marky asked walking into my office.

“Shhhh, don’t yell,” I whispered covering my ears with my hands and resting my head against the cool wood of my desk.

“And why is it so dark in here?” He asked heading for the window.

“Don’t!” I cried and winced at the loudness of my voice.

“What is wrong with you today? You come to work late with no explanation and then proceed to sit in the dark.”

“I’m just not feeling well is all, and the designs are going great, there’s only one left to do and there’s still two days until the deadline. Don’t worry,” I sighed.

“Go home,” Marky ordered pointing toward the front door. “Work on the last design at home and email me the drafts of all the finished shirts by tomorrow morning.”

“You’re the best,” I smiled as I grabbed my bag and my sunnies and headed for the door. My plan for today wasn’t to draw; it was to go home on sleep off this monster hangover.

“I’m home,” I sighed kicking off my shoes. The kitchen was the first place I was headed. I was in need of some serious hangover food, and coffee. Lots and lots of coffee!

“Hey, Rhi,” Max grinned as I walked through the door.

“You’re talking too loud,” I groaned taking the steaming mug of coffee out of his hands and sipping it.

“That was mine!” He whined giving me puppy dog eyes.

“Too bad,” I poked my tongue at him and took another sip. The warm coffee was like heaven as I finished the first cup and started to make another. “What are you guys still doing here anyway?” I hadn’t even expected to see them this morning but I guess they must have caught a cab with Noah back to our place.

“Matt and Josh are still passed out on your couch,” Max shrugged and made himself another coffee. “And Chris is still sleeping as well.”

“We only have one couch,” I said raising an eyebrow.

“I know,” he chuckled and motioned for me to follow him. I followed Max into the lounge where Noah, Chris, Matt and Josh were. I had to cover my mouth with my hand to stop from bursting out laughing. Chris was spread like a starfish on the floor, Noah was curled up in a ball on the recliner chair in one corner of the room, his mouth was open and it looked like he’d drooled on himself, and Matt and Josh were cuddled up on the couch. It was hilarious. Matt had his arm around Josh’s waist and their legs were tangled together as they both slept, snoring slightly.

“Oh god,” I giggled snapping a picture on my phone; “they are never living this down. Wait, where’s Dan?

“Still upstairs,” Max said heading back to the kitchen. “Want any breakfast?”

“I’m good, thanks. I’ll just check on Dan and hopefully try and sleep some. Help yourself to whatever you want,” I said and went up to my room. I opened the door as quietly as I could and tip toed into the room. Dan was still sleeping, right where I left him this morning.

I was more than a little surprised to wake up with Dan’s arms still wrapped around me. I expected him to leave when I fell asleep but I guess he must have fallen asleep too. There was something so safe and comforting about being in Dan’s arms. I almost didn’t get out of bed and if I hadn’t Marky would have had my head. He threatened to assign someone else to You Me At Six’s designs when I walked in the door an hour late, but after a whole lot of begging and puppy dog eyes he agreed to give me a second chance. I hadn’t even known these boys a week and I already loved them. I didn’t want to lose this chance of getting to know them all, especially Dan.

I sat down in my desk chair and pulled out my sketch pad. I found myself studying Dan and before I realised what I’d even done his face was staring back at me. I had just unintentionally sketched Dan Flint. Is that considered creepy? I don’t even know but I’d die of embarrassment if he ever saw it, so I tucked my sketchpad back into my bag and sat silently sipping my coffee.

“I thought you were supposed to be at work,” I jumped at the sound of Dan’s voice. Is it even possible that he sounded so much better in the mornings? I was thankful that I was sitting because my knees were shaking and my heart was beating so fast I thought it was going to fly out of my chest and make a run for it.

“Marky sent me home,” I shrugged pulling the sleeves of Dan’s hoodie down further. I hadn’t taken it off yet and until he needed it back I didn’t plan on taking it off, it was too comfy. He sat up and ran his hands through his hair making it stick out in all directions.

“Rhi?”

“Yeah?”

“Sorry, about, uh, you know, staying last night,” Dan smiled at me awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck.

“It’s no big deal,” I reassured him, “and thanks by the way, for getting me home.”

“I do it all over again if I had to,” he smiled as butterflies began to rage in my stomach. “Do you mind if I shower? I kinda smell like a bar.”

“Sure, there are clean towels in the bathroom; I’ll grab some of Noah’s clothes for you.”

“Thanks,” he replied and disappeared into my bathroom.

I headed into Noah’s room and grabbed a pair of dark skinny jeans and a plain white v-neck t-shirt. Thankfully Dan and Noah were pretty much the same size. Just as I was walking back into my room I could hear the water being shut off and the door to the bathroom opened. For a split second I thought I had died and gone to heaven. I couldn’t comprehend what I was seeing. Dan was standing there dripping wet in nothing but a towel. Thank god I didn’t pass out. After embarrassing myself last night that was the last thing I needed.

I tried to avert my gaze but it just wasn’t working, eventually I just stood there blatantly staring at his chest and then at his abs and then back at his face. He caught me staring and all I could do was stand there blushing like the idiot I was. My hands itched to reach out and touch him but instead I just handed him the clothes and turned around while he changed.

My heart was going ballistic in my chest; no one had ever had this effect on me before, so why was it happening now and after only a couple of days. I barely even knew Dan. How could I be reacting this way toward him already? All I knew was that I had to get out of there before I did something to embarrass myself further or worse actually pass out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to everyone who has read this story so far, and to my 2 subscribers :) whoever you are, thank you!

I hope you all enjoy this story!