Mine

one of one.

Jack stumbled out of his bedroom, wincing as pain shot up his ass. Fuck, he must’ve got laid good last night. Luckily his boxers hid the hand-shaped bruises on his hips. Last night was his friend Colussy’s annual Halloween party, and Jack, along with his flatmates Alex, Rian and Zack, had gone to it and got wasted. Jack didn’t actually remember the night, but that was usual. Even for the fourth and final year of his college degree, Jack still went out and partied hard.

What? He was a college student, he could do what he liked.

Or someone could do him, apparently.

“Morning sunshine,” Zack smirked, as Jack entered the kitchen.

Jack just grunted. He’d roomed with Zack in their first year of college, and had decided to move into a four bedroom flat a few blocks away from their old halls of residence with their two other friends in Sophomore year. This would be the third year they’d lived in this flat now, and Jack didn’t regret a minute of it.

Zack had his laptop on and a book open next to him. Jack shook his head at the fact Zack was studying for his Art History degree the morning after a heavy party. Some people just need to learn how to relax, Zack being one of them. Jack, however, just needed water. Or coffee. Yeah, coffee would be nice.

“Coffee’s just been brewed, if you want some,” Zack said, as if reading Jack’s mind.

Jack just nodded, grabbing himself a mug. It was times like this that he loved Zack’s morning energy. The same couldn’t be said for Zack’s best friend Alex though.

“I feel like I’m rotting inside,” Alex groaned dramatically, flopping down into the seat next to Zack.

“Aww babe, that’s why you don’t drink a whole bottle of straight Jaeger!” Zack cooed, brushing Alex’s fringe from his eyes.

Jack rolled his eyes, adding three sugars to his coffee. No, his two flatmates weren’t dating. Alex and Zack had been best friends from diapers, their moms best friends too, and they’d been by each other’s side ever since. They were so in denial about their feelings for each other that it was quite painful. But Jack wasn’t going to get involved – it was none of his business.

“Zack, Colussy’s put up photos from last night, he just texted me,” Rian announced, walking into the kitchen too.

Another morning person. Rian smiled and sat down in the seat next to Jack, picking an apple out of the fruit bowl. Jack was sure that Rian was the only one who actually ate the fruit in their flat – seriously, they were students! They’re not meant to eat healthily!

“Yeah, you’re right. Fuck, there are so many of them!” Zack mused, loading up the page.

“I dread to think what we look like. I don’t even remember seeing a camera,” Alex grumbled.

Zack smiled affectionately and turned his laptop around so all of them could see. As Zack scrolled through the pictures, they all laughed and commented on how the drunkenness of the party increased as time went on. Halfway through the pictures, there was one of someone’s legs from the waist down with their jeans and boxers around their ankles, with someone else kneeling down in front of them. Holy shit.

“Dude, look, someone’s getting a blowjob!” Alex laughed.

Jack laughed and leaned in to look closer, before his breath hitched in his throat. If he didn’t know any better, he’d say those were his legs.

“They’re almost as hairy as Jack’s legs,” Rian snickered.

“They are Jack’s legs,” Zack mumbled.

“No they’re not!” Jack protested.

“Barakat, no-one has hairy legs like yours. And besides, you’re wearing the same underwear still,” Zack pointed out.

Jack looked down. Batman boxers. He looked at the photo. Batman boxers. Well fuck him sideways.

“At least the guy looks hot?” Jack offered, smiling sheepishly.

“Only you would get caught getting head by someone in a cowboy costume,” Alex snickered.

“Did you say cowboy costume?” Rian asked suddenly.

“Yeah, can’t you see the boots, fake fun belt and plaid shirt?” Alex scoffed.

Rian smirked slightly before scrolling through his phone. Jack frowned. What was he doing?

“I knew it. I fucking knew it. I told Evan I saw the two of you sneaking upstairs!” Rian laughed.

“Evan? What does your boyfriend have to do with this?” Jack asked, confused.

Rian grinned and flipped his phone round to face his friends. There was a picture of Rian’s boyfriend Evan, dressed in a sailor outfit, with another guy next to him, dressed in a cowboy outfit. Jack blushed slightly. That guy was hot. Jet black hair, lip ring, perfect features…just like in the blowjob photo. Jack got head from him?!

“This is Matt, Evan’s flatmate. He never usually parties because he studies so much, but he came out last night with Evan later to the party,” Rian explained, “I told Evan that I’d seen the two of you stumbling upstairs attached at the lips, but he didn’t believe me. Hah!” Rian said triumphantly.

“He fucked you as well, didn’t he?” Alex grinned.

“N-No!” Jack squeaked.

“Dude, you were limping so bad on your way into the kitchen, don’t try to deny it,” Zack smirked.

Jack blushed. It’s not his fault he didn’t remember the night!

“I might’ve had sex? All I remember is zipping my black jeans up as I walked downstairs before finding you guys – I assumed I was coming back from the bathroom!” Jack defended.

“Jacky got laid, Jacky got laid,” Alex sang.

“I hate all of you,” Jack pouted.

“Naww no you don’t, you love us,” Alex grinned, fluttering his eyelashes.

“Dude, too camp,” Zack snickered.

Rian rolled his eyes, typing something into his phone.

“What are you doing?” Jack frowned.

“Just texting Evan the news to gloat that I was right,” Rian shrugged.

“What? No! I don’t want Matt to know that we slept together!” Jack yelped.

“Why not?” Alex frowned.

“How am I supposed to look him in the eyes if I see him again?! Oh yeah, you’re the guy that I don’t remember sucking my dick or fucking me, how’s it going?” Jack rambled.

“You’ll be fine. Matt rarely comes out anyway, you won’t see him,” Rian reassured.

“You’d better be right, Dawson. You’d better be fucking right,” Jack grumbled.

*

Evan woke up with a pounding headache to the sound of his phone buzzing. Fuck, who would be texting him now? Oh, Rian, his boyfriend of three years. Whoops.

Morning beautiful! You’re going to love this – Colussy posted photos of the party, and there’s a photo of your flatmate Matt blowing my flatmate Jack! And, Jack had sex last night – the only person he was with was Matt, so it must’ve been him! Hah! Told you I was right! Love you and see you later xx

Evan burst out laughing. Matt? His flatmate Matt? No fucking way. But if they’d seen a photo…hah! Oh he was so going to tease Matt about this! His flatmate never came out to party, and the one time he does? Brilliant!

With a groan, Evan hauled himself out of bed and shuffled down the hallway to Matt’s room, smiling when he found it unlocked.

“Matt? Matty, wake up!” Evan urged, shaking his friend.

Matt grunted and batted Evan’s hands away, but rolled on his back anyway.

“Morning Ev,” Matt grumbled, running his hand through his dark hair, “what do you want?”

“Matt, what do you remember about last night?” Evan asked curiously.

“Not much apart from stumbling home with you. Why?” Matt yawned.

“Because Rian’s just seen a very interesting picture of you blowing his roommate Jack. And Jack had sex with someone last night – it was you, wasn’t it?” Evan grinned.

“N-No, it couldn’t have been!” Matt yelped.

The flashbacks of someone writhing underneath him in ecstasy were just a bad dream, right? Who the fuck was Jack?!

“Then explain the hickeys on your neck and your sex hair,” Evan winked.

Matt’s eyes widened. This is why he didn’t go to all the parties that Evan goes to. Things like this just don’t happen to him. His Mathematics degree required so much studying that he never had time for anything frivolous, and yeah sometimes it meant he was anti-social – but Matt would rather be anti-social than have pictures of himself plastered all over the internet sucking some random guy off!

“This is all your fault,” Matt grumbled, “I wouldn’t have gone to that stupid party if it wasn’t for you,”

Evan just laughed.

“Blame whoever you want. It’s about time someone got the stick out of your ass,” Evan snickered.

“Nothing went up my ass, I did the fucking,” Matt snapped.

This only made Evan laugh harder.

“Just don’t forget that you’ll be seeing Jack again, possibly regularly, because of Rian being his flatmate,” Evan grinned.

With that, Evan left the room. Matt just cursed under his breath. Just his luck.

*

A week had passed since the Halloween party. Evan had been endlessly amused by Matt’s reaction to the news of his escapades with Jack, even more so when he brought Rian over to their flat and Rian joined in with the teasing. Matt really was too easy to embarrass sometimes. It felt good to know that his workaholic flatmate actually had emotions, rather than having a brain full of algebra.

End the slaughter! Say no to fur!

Evan jumped slightly at the shout from his left. Oh, it was just Alex, Rian’s slightly-hippie flatmate. Sometimes Evan wondered how Rian could ever makes friends with such an environmental activist, but then Rian reminded him that Alex did most of the cleaning in the flat, and Evan shut up. He guessed it was good to be friends with a recycling addict after all. Evan nodded his head in greeting, immediately regretting it

“Hi Ev! You don’t wear fur, do you?” Alex asked cheerfully.

“Uh, no. Never have. My belt isn’t even real leather,” Evan offered.

This guy knows what’s good for the environment! You should too!” Alex yelled.

Evan whimpered and scuttled away. Great. Mass-attention was not what he wanted. He made a mental note to talk to Rian about Alex publicly humiliating him. Not good. Then Evan smiled when he thought about his boyfriend. Three years it would be, next month. When he first got to college, Evan never thought he’d find someone with the same passions and interests as him, but then he met Rian.

Evan studies Classics, meaning he had to go to the library a lot, and in the first month of freshman year he needed a copy of the Odyssey. There was only one left on the shelves, and just as Evan got there another boy picked it up. The most beautiful boy Evan had ever seen, even more beautiful because he had a comic book peeking out of his rucksack. Evan knew he made a soft noise of protest at the book being taken, and the boy gave the book to Evan instead, introducing himself as Rian and that he could wait to use the book for another week because he was just trying to read ahead for his English Literature degree. Evan blushed and stuttered out his name and thanked the mysterious ‘Rian’, before scuttling out of the library. After much encouragement from his flatmate Matt, Evan personally gave the book to Rian a week later, who still hadn’t got hold of a copy, and Rian asked him out for coffee straight away.

After that, it was like magic.

A month into their dating however, Rian had gotten drunk and slept with a guy called Caleb at a party, but after much apologising from Rian and crying from Evan, they’d stayed together. Not once had Rian slipped up since then, but Evan still felt a little insecure sometimes. How could he not? Rian was perfect – funny, smart, popular and extremely attractive. Evan was just the shy nerd who studied greek and latin classics. And Rian was bisexual, so both genders appealed to him, as opposed to Evan liking dick only. Rian still treated him like he was the moon, sun and stars all rolled into one though, and was more than willing to give Evan all the sexual pleasure he could ever imagine, so Evan knew shouldn’t let his insecurities get to him.

Right?

Evan’s parents were never happy about him being gay, let alone having a boyfriend, but they seemed to like Rian. It probably had something to do with the fact that Evan had never been happier than when he was with Rian, and at the end of the day, that’s all his parents wanted – for him to happy. And he was happy. How could he not be? Rian was the perfect boyfriend.

By the time Evan reached their meeting spot, just between their two buildings, he saw Rian walking towards him. But Rian wasn’t alone. No. Rian was walking alongside a really pretty girl, flowing dark hair and bouncing boobs included. And Rian was laughing with her. Fuck, why did Rian have to do this to him? Why did Rian have to make him feel more inadequate than he already was? Fuck. Fuck it all.

Just before Rian reached Evan, the girl smiled and hugged him, before walking away. Evan clenched his teeth and fists. Rian just smiled. The older boy leant down and kissed Evan in greeting, Evan only half-heartedly replying.

“Hey babe, did you have a good class?” Rian beamed.

“Fucking great,” Evan muttered.

Rian frowned, and took one look at Evan’s angry stance and jealous face, before he sighed.

“Ev, you know you’re the only one I’m interested in,” Rian said softly.

“Did I say something?” Evan snapped.

“No but your face did,” Rian retorted.

“Let’s just go,” Evan muttered.

Rian sighed and took Evan’s hand in his, the two of them walking back to Evan’s flat in silence. He hated it when Evan got like this. So jealous, so mistrusting…it hurt, to be honest. Yes, Rian knew he’d made the worst mistake of his life back in freshman year when he cheated on Evan – but that was three years ago! He’d proven time and time again how much he loved Evan, and for Evan still not to trust him wasn’t fair. The tension between them probably wasn’t helped by all the work piled on them this year, meaning they spent less time together than usual, but that didn’t mean Rian loved Evan any less. He just wished Evan knew that.

As soon as Evan shut the front door of the flat behind them, Rian realised that Matt wasn’t home yet. Good. Maybe they’d actually be able to talk through their problems for once.

“Ev, why were you jealous of Kara?” Rian sighed.

Evan just shrugged. He didn’t want to talk about this. Rian always wanted to talk through their problems, but Evan wasn’t going to this time.

“Don’t be like this, Ev! I haven’t done anything!” Rian exasperated, “we were just walking from class!”

“Yeah, that laughing and hugging really looked innocent, combined with how pretty she is,” Evan muttered.

“Fucking hell, Ev,” Rian cursed, “you’re beautiful to me, not her,”

“Whatever,” Evan scowled.

Rian’s anger was starting to build up, but he tried to hold it back.

“It’s been two years – I thought you trusted me,” Rian said through gritted teeth.

“I thought you wouldn’t give me reasons not to trust you,” Evan snapped back.

Screw holding back his anger, that wasn’t fair.

“Are you serious? Are you actually fucking serious?” Rian growled.

Evan’s breath hitched in his throat as he saw anger wash over Rian’s face. Shit. He’d pushed Rian’s patience this time.

“I’ve done nothing wrong! Kara is a friend – and she’s actually got a boyfriend of her own! Why can’t you understand that I have attractive friends who I don’t actually want to sleep with?! It was one guy, Ev, and that was three years ago. I’ve never done anything stupid since and you know it. Why do you always have to get so fucking jealous and make me out to be the bad guy when I’m not?!” Rian yelled.

Evan pressed his lips together, his eyes wide and slightly watering, only making Rian’s anger dissolve. He sighed. He didn’t mean to get angry. Evan just happened to have that effect on his emotions.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to yell. I just wish you’d stop getting so jealous when you have no reason to be,” Rian said softly, running his hand over his short hair.

Evan just nodded, biting his bottom lip. Rian sighed again and pressed a kiss to Evan’s forehead, before taking Evan by the hand and pulling him over to a sofa in front of the TV. Evan stayed silent as Rian picked up a random DVD and put it in the player, still not speaking as Rian sat down next to him and slid his arm round his shoulders.

“I love you, Evan. Please don’t forget that,” Rian said softly, kissing the side of Evan’s head.

Evan smiled sadly.

“I love you too,” Evan whispered.

Sometimes that was all that kept him going.

*

It was the start of December now, and the snow around Northwestern was starting to get serious. Not that Zack minded, of course. He had a warm coat and a good hat, and his lecture halls weren’t all that far from his shared flat so at least he didn’t have to walk far. Today’s lectures ran until 5pm, meaning Zack had time to get some work done after dinner tonight, which would be nice. It was always nice to be able to get work done.

When Zack opened his front door, walking into the foyer/living area, he saw his best friend Alex sitting in the middle of the floor painting a large cardboard sign.

Uh, what?

“What are you doing?” Zack asked curiously.

“There’s a protest tomorrow against the ridiculous amount of unnecessary fossil fuels that Northwestern uses – you should come,” Alex said seriously.

Say no to fossil fuels! Ah. That also explained the Wind for winners! sign propped up against the wall too. Alex’s Save-The-World attitude always amused Zack, and this moment wasn’t an exception.

“I’ll take a rain check, maybe next time,” Zack chuckled.

Alex just shrugged and carried on painting. Just then Zack noticed how quiet the flat was. That meant Jack wasn’t back from classes yet, which was strange. Jack always got back from his Film and Media classes before Zack got back from his Art History ones.

“Lex, where’s Jack?” Zack frowned.

“I haven’t seen him. Rian’s at Evan’s tonight too, so it’s probably just the two of us,” Alex explained.

Zack just nodded. Alex wet his lips with his tongue before looking up at his best friend.

“Why don’t the two of us hang out? We could go to The Rig,” Alex suggested hopefully.

Their local bar. The one they always went to in freshman and sophomore year of college, before Zack’s Art History degree got serious.

“I would if I could, Lex, but I’ve got so much reading to do,” Zack apologised.

Zack immediately felt bad when he saw the wounded puppy look on Alex’s face. But he couldn’t give in. He really did have a lot of work to do.

“What happened to us Zack?” Alex asked sadly.

“What do you mean?” Zack frowned.

“We used to hang out all the time but now you’re always working and we just…we’ve drifted apart,” Alex explained, chewing his bottom lip after.

“I didn’t realise you thought that,” Zack said softly, his voice filled with more sadness than he realised.

He really didn’t realise. Had he really been working that much? Had he really been ignoring his best friend?

“I-I don’t mean to upset you. I just miss you,” Alex admitted.

That only made Zack feel worse.

“I swear I’ll try to ease up and spend more time with my bestie,” Zack promised.

“That’s all I ask,” Alex smiled.

Zack smiled back.

“Have you eaten yet?” he asked.

“Nah, but I’ve got leftover Chinese in the fridge still so you don’t have to make me anything,” Alex replied.

Zack nodded, but rolled his eyes. That Chinese food had been there a week – there was no way it could still be edible. Zack would just make extra and just happen to leave a plate of it for Alex. It’s not like he could leave Alex to starve, is it?

Zack decided to make a simple macaroni cheese with crispy bacon bits (because the crispy bacon bits had been on sale yesterday and he’d bought them on a whim), as well as making some garlic break to go with it. Despite being a student, Zack liked to eat well, and he sure as hell knew how to cook. Much more than Alex did anyway. Alex used to tease Zack for helping their moms out in the kitchen when they were younger actually, but it paid off now, seeing as Alex could barely fry an egg and Zack could whip up most dishes.

When the food was cooking, Zack leant against the counter, watching Alex as he painted. He found himself thinking about how adorable Alex looked when he stuck his tongue out slightly in conversation. Or how endearing the small smudges of paint on his cheeks were. Or how he had a slight fire in his eyes, reminding himself and the world about how passionate he was about protecting the planet. And he wondered if that passion could be carried out in other aspects of his life.

Zack shook his head to break himself out of his thoughts. It was no use thinking about Alex in that way. No use at all. He and Alex…no, they just wouldn’t work out so there was no use even thinking about it. Their friendship, their closeness, was a rare one and to possibly alter it (or even ruin it) with a relationship? No, Zack wouldn’t risk that.

There was that one time they kissed when they were 16 at a house party, but they’d never brought it up again. It was taboo. Sure, it was the best kiss Zack had ever had and Alex had obviously enjoyed it, proven by the fact that he was half-hard when they’d ended the embrace, but it was better to just forget. Forget and move on.

He cared about Alex too much to lose him like that, and that’s all there is to it.

When the food was ready, Zack made up two plates and took them out to Alex.

“Dinner’s ready,” he announced.

“Dude, I told you that I already had food,” Alex frowned.

“Food that had grown a nice blue furry blanket,” Zack replied, handing Alex his plate and cutlery.

Alex grimaced, making Zack smile.

“Well…thank you then. This smells amazing,” Alex said warmly, placing his paintbrush down carefully.

“I know,” Zack shrugged, making Alex laugh.

They ate sitting next to each other on the sofa, mostly in a comfortable silence. That what Zack loved about Alex – they could sit and not say anything, and it wouldn’t be awkward. Just each others company was enough. After they’d finished eating, Zack took the plates out into the kitchen and put them in the sink. He could wash up later.

“Do you have time to watch one episode of a show with me?” Alex asked hopefully, when Zack had walked back into the living area.

It was really hard to resist those puppy dog eyes – and Zack had promised to spend more time with Alex. Zack thought about it, before nodding. One episode couldn’t hurt, right? It’s not like he had much washing up to do. Alex grinned and jumped off the sofa, heading for their DVD pile before slotting one in and sitting back down next to Zack.

“Gossip girl?” Zack snorted.

“Like you don’t get a raging hard-on over Dan, Chuck and Nate,” Alex shot back with a smirk.

Zack blushed slightly. Alex may have a point there, but so what? They were unnaturally hot.

However, the episode was only 10 minutes in when the front door slammed open, making Zack and Alex flinch. But both their jaws dropped when they saw Jack and Matt stumbling carelessly into the flat, kissing wildly with hands groping everywhere, heading for Jack’s bedroom, slamming the door shut behind them.

What the fuck?!

“Did that just happen?” Zack said incredulously.

Alex swallowed heavily and nodded.

“I think it did,” Alex murmured.

Zack grimaced when a loud moan sounded from Jack’s room. Oh wow, it was going to be one of those fucks.

“So what was it you said about going to the bar?” Zack said awkwardly.

They couldn’t leave the flat fast enough.

*

December. The month that Jack detested most, because it meant that snow was everywhere. Jack hated snow. He liked sunshine and summer, not snow and winter. Fuck winter and how cold it made him. After his lectures, Jack decided to get a coffee to drink on the walk back to his flat – something to warm him up – despite the fact that it would mean he would be home after Zack. Oh well, his warmth was more important.

Luckily there wasn’t much of a queue, so Jack ordered his venti gingerbread latte quickly, and moved straight down to the end of the counter to pick it up. Soon enough, his drink was pushed forward, along with the person’s behind. Jack grabbed his drink and took a happy sip before whirling around to walk out the shop…

…and crashed into the person behind him, knocking their coffee down their hoodie.

Jack squeaked when he saw the person he’d crashed into, the person whose coffee he’d spilled all over them, was Matt.

“I am so so sorry! Are you okay?” Jack apologised rapidly.

Matt blushed a little when he recognised Jack’s face, he’d seen the photos from the party, but nodded.

“I’m a little warm but I think I can deal with it,” Matt mused, dabbing the worst of the spill with a few napkins.

“Let me buy you a new drink, it’s the least I can do,” Jack offered.

Matt surprised himself when he says yes.

“Tall double shot cappuccino,” Matt nodded.

Jack just mentally cheered and marched straight up to the counter again. Matt waited awkwardly as Jack ordered him a new coffee, unashamedly staring at his ass. It was a nice ass, so sue him! And Matt figured he was at least allowed to stare at it if he’d already pounded it, right?

Soon enough, Jack was back by his side with his fresh coffee. Matt snapped himself out of his dirty thoughts and smiled thankfully, taking the takeaway cup from the younger boy.

“So, uh, I don’t think we’ve been soberly introduced. I’m Jack,” Jack grinned, holding out his hand.

Matt couldn’t help but smiled at his cheerful nature and blunt words.

“Matt,” he nodded, shaking Jack’s hand.

“Are you on your way back to your flat?” Jack asked.

“Yeah, my classes are finished for the day. You?” Matt asked.

“Mmhmm, just stopped in here to get a hot drink for the walk. Uh, do you want to walk together? My flat’s on the way…” Jack asked hopefully.

Matt found himself saying yes again. There was something about Jack that he just couldn’t say no to. Jack grinned again and started walking out the coffee shop, Matt following him. For the entire 15 minute walk back to Jack’s flat, the two of them talked, not once having an awkward silence. They talked about their favourite TV shoes, their favourite bands, their favourite food, their favourite movies…it was endless. Jack couldn’t believe he had so much in common with Evan’s workaholic flatmate. Matt couldn’t believe he had so much in common with Rian’s lackadaisical flatmate. But neither were complaining.

It didn’t take them long to reach Jack’s flat, but they didn’t stop talking, not wanting to say goodbye just yet.

“Film and Media sounds like fun,” Matt mused, placing his empty cup in the trash can next to them.

“It can be. What do you study?” Jack asked, doing the same with his cup.

“Mathematics,” Matt replied proudly.

“Fuck, you must be clever then,” Jack said, eyes wide.

“I do okay,” Matt shrugged, smiling slightly.

“I swear everyone’s smarter than me here,” Jack mumbled.

Seriously. It wasn’t fair.

“Hey, I wouldn’t be able to do what you do, trust me. You’re your own brand of smart,” Matt reassured.

Jack just about melted. Then Matt squeezed his shoulder to reassure him, and he definitely melted. Matt noticed how close they were standing and swallowed heavily. Without thinking, his other hand rose up to cup Jack’s face, his thumb stroking over Jack’s cheekbone. It took every restraint Jack had not to moan at the action. Fuck, that was a spark if he ever felt one. And by the look in Matt’s eyes, Matt felt it too.

“Do you want to come up to the flat for a bit? Warmth and all,” Jack asked, a little breathless.

“Sure,” Matt nodded, not understanding why he said that.

There was just something about Jack. They made it to the elevator without touching, but as soon as the doors closed, they surged together, lips crashing, teeth clacking, hands wandering. Jack opened one eye to reach for the 4th floor button, pressing it just before Matt pushed him against the wall, pushing his tongue into Jack’s open mouth at the same time. Jack didn’t hold back his moan this time, eagerly kissing back, his teeth scraping Matt’s lip ring. Fuck, he’d never kissed a guy with a lip ring before. It was hot.

The doors opened when they reached Jack’s floor and they stumbled out, lips still moving furiously, hands still searching and groping. Jack had to break the kiss to dig his keys out of his pocket, but Matt just started ravaging his neck instead, sucking, licking and biting in a way that made his head spin. As soon as he unlocked the door, he kicked it open and resumed kissing Matt, guiding them backwards through the flat to his room. Luckily Jack hadn’t locked his bedroom door this morning, so he just swung it open, waiting for Matt to walk in before kicking it shut.

They kissed hungrily for a few more seconds before Matt broke away, dark eyed and red lipped.

“You’re so fucking sexy, you have no idea,” Matt growled.

Jack didn’t have time to reply before Matt cupped his hardening crotch and squeezed firmly – all Jack could do was tip his head back and moan loudly.

“You’ve got condoms and lube, yeah?” Matt breathed, palming Jack eagerly through his jeans.

Jack could only moan again, nodding frantically. Fuck, this was…fuck, he never thought that the first time he saw Matt again, that it would lead straight to this. But he wasn’t going to complain. Fuck no.

Then Matt’s hand disappeared, making Jack whine in protest, before he realised that Matt was pulling his hoodie over his head, his t-shirt coming off with it, leaving him shirtless in front of Jack. Fuck he had a nice body. Jack thought he was only attracted to really muscled guys, but fuck did he change his mind as his eyes travelled hungrily over Matt’s slim figure. Now that was a beautiful man.

“Like what you see?” Matt asked.

Any other time, that would have been a taunt. It didn’t really have the same effect with a breathy voice holding back a moan though. Jack just pulled his own hoodie and t-shirt off, before dropping to his knees. Matt’s eyes widened in surprise, a moan tearing from his lips as Jack quickly unbuttoned and unzipped his jeans, pushing them down as he mouthed at the front of Matt’s briefs, his dick already leaking through the material.

“Fuck, rock hard for me already,” Jack groaned, his fingers hooking over the waistband.

Matt would’ve retorted, he really would, but Jack yanked his underwear down and didn’t hesitate to suck the head of Matt’s thick dick into his mouth. Fuck, Matt had a nice dick. Thick, thicker than any toy Jack owned, and long too. He couldn’t wait to have this buried deep inside him, that was for sure. Jack bobbed his head back and forth, smiling as Matt moaned deeply, and opened his eyes to see Matt’s head tilted back, his eyes closed and his lips parted, his hands clutching at Jack’s hair.

That was the most fucking beautiful sight he’d ever seen.

And Jack needed more.

He pulled off Matt’s dick with a wet pop, standing up as Matt’s hands flew to Jack’s jeans, roughly shoving them and his underwear down, exposing his own erection. Jack’s dick may not be as perfect as Matt’s, but it was still something to be proud of. Matt growled slightly, possessively almost, and wrapped his hand around the base, Jack moaning helplessly as Matt stroked it a few times.

“No foreplay,” Matt said firmly.

Jack just nodded his head in agreement. He honestly didn’t think he could form coherent words right now. He let Matt push him backwards onto his bed, moaning as Matt pressed their erections together, moaning even louder as Matt’s thumbs circled his nipples. This was too much. Too much.

Without looking, Jack reached into the drawer next to his bed and pulled out a bottle of lube and a condom, handing them to Matt. Matt smirked.

“You can take three fingers, yeah?” he asked, drizzling lube onto his fingers.

Jack almost forgot to reply.

“Y-Yeah. I’ll need them,” he nodded, blushing straight after.

Matt laughed softly, ducking down to kiss Jack as he placed his fingers against Jack’s entrance. This kiss was different to their earlier one. It wasn’t rushed, or desperate, or animalistic. It was slow, intense and held the promise of a good fuck. Jack winced slightly as Matt pushed two digits in straight away, but didn’t say anything. He could handle this. Soon enough Matt had three fingers stretching and twisting inside of him, a slight sweat already covering his skin.

It wasn’t fair that he was already so worked up without Matt’s dick even being inside of him.

When Matt’s fingers pressed directly against his prostate, Jack cried out loudly, throwing his head back as his back arched.

“I’m good. I’m good,” Jack gasped, his hips rising slightly.

Matt twisted his fingers one last time before pulling them out, Jack desperately clenching around nothing. Matt wasted no time in rolling the condom over his dick, putting a little bit more lube over himself, because despite how wrecked Jack already looked he didn’t want to hurt him. With a final kiss to Jack’s lips, Matt threw Jack’s legs over his shoulders, kissing the inside of Jack’s thigh before pushing his tip in. Jack whimpered, already feeling the burn of the stretch. Matt just grunted.

Fuck, Jack was tight already.

Jack felt like a huge pressure was on him as Matt started to push in, smothering him at the same time as pulling him apart. The more Matt inched inside him, the more his head felt like it was going to explode. Jack scrabbled for breath as Matt’s hips pressed to his ass, finally stilling, and his hands fisted his bed sheets as he tried to get used to the intrusion. He’d never felt this full.

“So fucking tight. How do I feel, Jack? Do I feel good?” Matt moaned softly, circling his hips lightly.

“Fuck, yeah, y-you feel…” Jack moaned loudly as Matt’s hips circled a little harder, “…you feel amazing, so full, so good. I jerked off for weeks just pressing my fingers to the bruises you left on my hips last time, I never thought the real thing would feel as good as this,”

Matt’s eyebrows shot up in surprise, but he grinned and pressed a kiss to the corner of Jack’s jaw, before pulling his hips back and then snapping them forward. Jack moaned, continuing to moan as Matt started a hard, fast rhythm, leaving no mercy. Wave after wave after wave of pleasure rolled through Jack’s skin, and he almost wished this had been his first time with Matt. He wished he remembered the Halloween hook-up. He wished…

“Matt!” Jack cried out.

“Found it,” Matt murmured, grinning.

Jack just cried out again as Matt continued to thrust at that angle, roughly, passionately, unrelentingly, feeling the pull of ecstasy all the way down to his toes.

Oh Matt, I…fuck I…I’m…oh my gosh…fucking fuck…Matt!

Jack arched his back impossibly as he came, Matt groaning as he clamped down around him. He continued to thrust through Jack’s high, holding off until Jack had collapsed in bliss to hit his peak, shooting deep into the condom. Jack mumbled incoherent phrases as Matt softened inside him, wincing when he finally pulled out.

“Was that…was that okay?” Matt asked nervously, tying the condom and throwing it in the trash can.

“That was way more than okay. That was incredible. Fuck, I can’t remember the last time I had sex that amazing,” Jack chuckled breathlessly, pushing his sweaty fringe out of his face.

When Matt stayed silent, Jack looked at him, surprised to see Matt looking embarrassed.

“You don’t sleep around much, do you?” Jack mused.

“No, I don’t. I, uh, don’t do casual fucking at all, really,” Matt said awkwardly.

Jack’s heart dropped into his stomach. Oh. Matt doesn’t do casual fucking. That meant he didn’t want to do this again. Fuck. Matt noticed Jack’s sad expression and swallowed heavily, before clearing his throat.

“Would you like to go out to dinner with me, Jack?” Matt asked smoothly.

“Why would you want to go to dinner with me?” Jack asked, confused.

“Because if I’m going to be fucking you, I at least want to be taking you on dates,” Matt said simply.

Jack grinned.

*

Two weeks passed into December, and Evan could not be more grouchy. Not because of the snow. No, he had enough clothing to wrap up warm from that. Not because of college work. No, he was on top of his reading. But because of Jack and Matt. It had taken a week of dinner dates and movie dates and all sorts of other dates for Matt to ask Jack to be his boyfriend officially – yes, a week – and they’d been fucking like rabbits ever since. The walls in Matt and Evan’s flat were very thin, and Evan had heard more sexual gratification than he ever wanted to hear over the past few days.

This included last night. Alex and Rian celebrated their 22nd birthdays with a joint party, and everyone got absolutely wasted. Apart from Evan, because someone needed to make sure no-one hurt themselves. Evan even had to take Matt home early because he was so drunk, and had got into bed before he realised that Jack had snuck into the flat too. Evan didn’t even have Rian to comfort him over hearing the smut that he heard last night (he would’ve stayed at Rian’s but Rian was sharing his room with Alex because Rian had other friends crashed out on his own bed).

So Evan got out of bed early, grumpily getting dressed, intent on going to Rian’s to get the sleep that he didn’t get last night. Once he’d wrapped up in his warm clothing, Evan locked his room and walked through the kitchen…only to see Jack and Matt all over each other.

Seriously?! Didn’t they get enough last night?!

“Get. A. Room,” Evan grunted, glaring at them.

Matt broke the kiss, sending Evan an apologetic look. Jack just smiled.

“I know you two are in lust and that both of you were drunk from Alex and Rian’s joint birthday, but you could’ve been a little quieter,” Evan grumbled.

Jack and Matt both blushed. Good.

“For reference, it was Jack making the squeals,” Matt defended.

“But it was Matt making the grunts!” Jack added.

Evan felt a little sick. He really didn’t need to know that.

“Okay okay too much information. Just…keep it down,” Evan grimaced.

“We can try?” Matt offered.

Oh, that’s just not right.

“I’m leaving. Get your urges out of your systems before I come back,” Evan muttered.

“I’ll never get all my urges out, have you seen how sexy he is?” Jack grinned.

“Enough! I’m going! Clean all cum off the sofa before I get back!” Evan squeaked.

He left the flat to the laughter of Jack and Matt. This was one of the times he was glad that Rian’s flat wasn’t too far away, seeing as the snow was getting quite heavy now. When he got to Rian’s flat, Rian took one look at the bags under his eyes and the irritation on his face and laughed.

“Jack and Matt kept you up, huh?” Rian mused.

“You don’t say?!” Evan gasped mockingly.

“I’m serious, babe. You look like shit,” Rian said.

“Well thanks,” Evan muttered, rolling his eyes.

Rian laughed and pressed a slow kiss to Evan’s lips, squeezing his hips after.

“I’d still fuck you any day and every day. Maybe we should give them a taste of their own medicine,” Rian winked.

“This isn’t funny! You have no idea how loud they were! It’s torture!” Evan whined.

“My poor baby! Let me make it up to you,” Rian laughed.

“How?” Evan pouted.

“Alex is out handing out flyers for a rally and Zack is studying in the library so we have the flat to ourselves,” Rian smirked.

Evan blushed as Rian snaked his arms round his waist. They hadn’t had the flat to themselves for ages.

“As much as I would love you to ravish me, I’ve had no sleep and would be a lousy fuck,” Evan said sheepishly.

“Babe, you’d never be a lousy fuck,” Rian reassured, his voice a little more husky than normal.

Evan blushed a little more and Rian laughed again, pecking a kiss to the tip of his boyfriend’s nose before stepping backwards.

“How about I give you a back massage and then you can take a nap before lunch?” Rian suggested.

Evan wondered every day how he managed to get someone as amazing as Rian. Not every guy would be okay with their boyfriend turning down sex.

“You’re perfect,” Evan sighed happily.

“I try,” Rian laughed.

Evan giggled and kissed Rian softly, earning a small moan in reply. Maybe all hope of getting their relationship back to normal wasn’t lost after all.

*

“Thanks for driving me home, Zack,” Alex said cheerfully.

“Lex, I drive you every year – I don’t mind,” Zack mused.

“Yeah, but every year we get the same shit from our parents for arriving together because they’ve been rooting for us to be together for years,” Alex pointed out.

“Good thing I think you’re as ugly as fuck, huh?” Zack teased.

“Puh-lease! I’m the best looking guy in this entire fucking town! Apart from you, of course,” Alex said indignantly.

“I’d say I’d feel flattered and gush how much you mean to me too, but your mom is peeking out of the front window of your house with a camera,” Zack chuckled.

“Fuck, she gets creepier every year,” Alex groaned.

Zack just laughed and cut the engine of his car, getting out to help Alex get his bags up to his house. Alex had way too many bags for a three-week break, but Zack could never deny him anything he wanted, so he let Alex fill his trunk while his fewer bags went on the back seat.

“Fuck, I swear these weren’t so heavy when we put them in,” Alex complained, closing the trunk after he pulled the last bag out.

“That’s because I carried the heavy ones before, pipsqueak,” Zack snorted.

“Just because you have an addiction to the gym,” Alex shot.

“Just because you have an addiction to Krispy Kremes,” Zack retorted.

Alex pouted, only making Zack laugh again. He was only joking. As if he could ever be mean to Alex. Zack picked up four duffel bags, leaving Alex the lightest two, and walked up to the house, smiling as Alex’s mom Isobel opened the door before they even got there.

“Zack! It’s so good to see you!” she gushed.

“I’m your son, not him,” Alex grumbled, nudging Zack playfully with his hip.

“Unfortunately,” Isobel retorted, sticking her tongue out at him.

Zack laughed, but his laughter dried up as his eyes caught sight of something unexpected hanging above the door. Fuck. Was that…mistletoe?!

“Oh good Zack! You’ve seen our Christmas cheer!” Isobel said happily.

“Your what?” Alex frowned.

Isobel pointed upwards, and Alex groaned.

“You’re losing your marbles,” Alex muttered, his cheeks flushing red.

Zack just swallowed heavily. Surely Alex’s mom couldn’t be serious…

“Everyone who walks into the house has to kiss the person next to them before they do! Christmas cheer!” Isobel grinned.

Zack felt his heart skip a beat. Alex. He would have to kiss Alex. Fuck.

“Whatever,” Alex shrugged.

Zack felt his heart sink a little. Alex didn’t care. A kiss was just a kiss to Alex.

“Come on then! I’ll have to take a photo to show your mom, Zack. Her and your step-dad are out of town until tomorrow,” Isobel said innocently, wriggling her camera.

Great.

With a sigh Zack dropped Alex’s bags to the ground and took a step towards his best friend. Might as well get it over and done with. Zack shakily cupped Alex’s face with his hands before pressing their lips together gently, trying to ignore the spark that shot through his veins. Fuck, this was a lot different than he remembered their first kiss being back when they were 16. Just as he was about to pull away, Alex’s hands gripped at his hoodie, starting to kiss back. Zack made a soft noise of contentment and applied a little more pressure, Alex’s hands clutching his waist a little tighter in response.

Holy. Holy fucking fuck. Alex knew how to kiss.

When Zack heard Alex’s mom’s camera click, he broke the kiss and stepped backwards, dropping his hands. He struggled not to just reach for Alex and kiss him all over again, keep kissing him until they both passed out from not breathing. Fuck, he knew that this kiss was more than just a kiss. It felt like…a kiss of lovers who had all of time. Alex’s intense stare let Zack knew he thought the same.

“Did I miss the mistletoe?”

Alex finally let go of Zack’s waist and picked up his bags again as the sound of his dad’s voice called down the stairs.

“Yeah you did! You two are such fucking perverts!” Alex called back, stepping into the house.

Zack smiled weakly as Isobel ushered him inside, guessing that he was now obligated to stay for at least a few hours before heading back to his empty house.

“Zack! So good to see you!” Alex’s dad Peter said cheerfully.

“Again! I’m your son,” Alex said incredulously, making Zack smile a little more.

“Details, details,” Peter laughed, “Are you staying for dinner, Zack?”

Alex looked up at him pleadingly, and Zack knew he couldn’t say no.

“Sure, that’d be great,” Zack nodded politely.

“Fantastic! Why don’t you boys take Alex’s bags upstairs and wash your hands before joining us at the dinner table?” Isobel suggested.

Zack and Alex just nodded, before heading upstairs. Once they were in Alex’s room, they dumped the duffel bags on the floor, a slightly awkward silence falling over them. They had kissed for the first time in 6 years, after all.

“I’m, uh, sorry about the mistletoe. My parents crossed the line with that one,” Alex apologised.

“It’s okay. At least you didn’t have to kiss your cousin or something,” Zack shrugged.

“Eww, nasty,” Alex grimaced, making Zack laugh.

And just like that, the ice was broken. But for how long?

When dinner was over, and when Zack and Alex could finally escape Alex’s parents’ interrogations, they headed up to Alex’s room. Like they always did, Alex and Zack curled up on Alex’s bed, but unlike normal Zack froze up a little when Alex buried his face in the crook of Zack’s neck, one leg thrown over Zack’s hip to bring them closer together. It hit him then that normal best friends don’t lie like this, one’s warm breath hitting the other’s neck and making him shiver. Normal best friends don’t kiss under mistletoe to please their parents. Normal best friends don’t hold hands under the table for comfort. Normal best friends don’t fall in love.

That’s what Zack realised. He realised he was in love with Alex, head over heels in love with the boy he’d called his best friends since forever. All their snuggling, holding hands for comfort, sharing beds, affectionate touching, and the fact that they knew each other inside out made him realise that he’d fallen in love without even noticing.

This would change everything. Nothing would be the same now, even if Alex never found out. Zack would see him in a different way, unable to keep their friendship like it used to be. Zack was going to lose everything he had known, the only constant thing in his life, and that scared him. That scared him so much that he burst into tears.

“What’s wrong?” Alex asked worriedly, immediately lifting his head to look at Zack.

Zack just shook his head. He couldn’t tell Alex. That would ruin everything.

“I can’t tell you,” Zack whimpered.

“You’re my best friend, of course you can!” Alex reassured, cupping Zack’s face with his hands.

This only made Zack cry harder. He didn’t want to just be Alex’s best friend. He wanted to be more but Alex would never understand that.

“I can’t tell you and I won’t tell you!” Zack said petulantly.

“But you’re crying, Zack! I hate it when you cry,” Alex whimpered, “please, just tell me what’s wrong!”

Everything was wrong. Everything in Zack’s messed up head and fucked up heart was wrong.

“I have to go,” Zack choked, standing up off Alex’s bed.

“Where? You can’t leave like this, Zack, you could get hurt!” Alex said desperately, sitting upright.

Zack shook his head. Staying would only hurt him more.

“I can do what I want, and right now I don’t want to be around you,” Zack said firmly, sniffing pathetically.

Alex felt a pang of pain shoot through his chest as Zack slipped his shoes on and grabbed his coat. Why was he leaving? Alex didn’t understand.

“What did I do wrong?” Alex whispered as Zack opened his bedroom door.

Zack whimpered and stopped in the doorway, before turning to look at Alex. Alex felt his heart break slightly at how broken Zack looked, his eyes filled with sadness. What did he do to make Zack like this?

“Just…don’t speak to me, okay?” Zack mumbled.

As soon as Zack slammed his bedroom door shut, Alex realised he was crying too. What had he done wrong?

*

January 2nd. The day before classes started up for the Northwestern spring term, and the day that most the students came back. Jack had been dropped off by his parents at midday and found that Evan was dropped off at the same time too, so the two of them had gone to Evan and Matt’s flat to wait for their friends to get back. Around 5pm, there was a knock on the door. Jack’s heart lifted as Evan went to the door, but it sunk a bit when Rian walked in.

“Uh, sorry Jack, but I haven’t seen Ev in three weeks,” Rian apologised gruffly.

Jack just shrugged, not realising the implications of his words until the heard the first moans ringing loudly from Evan’s bedroom. Oh, shit. His two friends were fucking, and quite vigorously by the sounds of things. Jack gritted his teeth and turned the TV on, barely drowning out Evan’s moans and cries. He was going to stick through this. He was going to wait for Matt, and that was that.

Two hours later, Jack heard the front door unlock. Finally!

“Matt!” Jack said happily, launching himself at his boyfriend.

Matt barely managed to drop his bags to catch Jack, laughing as the younger boy hugged him tightly.

“You waited for me?” Matt mused.

“Yup! Even through…”

Oh Rian! Harder! Harder!” Evan’s moan interrupted.

Matt’s eyes widened in shock.

“You sat through them fucking just to wait for me?” Matt asked, surprised.

“I’d sit through them fucking in front of me if it meant I got to see you at the end of it,” Jack said, unashamed.

“You’re so fucking adorable! I missed you,” Matt grinned.

“I missed you too…but I also missed your lips,” Jack said innocently.

Matt grinned even harder. In one movement he dropped Jack’s legs to the ground and pressed their lips together, kissing him eagerly, Jack replying with even more enthusiasm. Fuck, it had been so long. Too long. Jack moaned softly as Matt’s hands threaded through his hair, tugging enough to make him gasp, Matt’s tongue taking advantage of the situation and sliding into Jack’s mouth. Sneaky fucker.

Lick my neck, my back, lick my uhh just like that…

Jack broke away in embarrassment as his phone started to ring. That was Alex’s ring tone.

“Uh, that’s Lex. I should probably answer,” Jack said awkwardly.

Matt chuckled and nodded, pecking a kiss to Jack’s lips before stepping backwards slightly.

“Hey Alex,” Jack said as cheerfully as he could.

“Jack, Jack are you back at Northwestern yet?” Alex asked hurriedly.

“Yeah, I am. Why?” Jack frowned.

“I need to talk to you. Like, right now. Please come to The Rig?” Alex begged.

“I’m with Matt,” Jack sighed.

“Matt can come too! Please, I’m desperate,” Alex whined.

“Hang on, I’ll ask him,” Jack sighed.

Jack put his phone to his shoulder and looked at his boyfriend.

“Alex wants us to come to The Rig because he needs to talk to us desperately about something,” Jack sighed.

Matt smiled slightly and nodded.

“It’s fine, we can go,” Matt replied.

Jack put his phone back up to his ear.

“We’ll be there in 15 minutes,” Jack said.

“Thank you so much, I owe you,” Alex said gratefully.

“Yeah, you do,” Jack chuckled, ending the call.

Like Jack had said, he and Matt got to their local bar in 15 minutes, easily spotting Alex sitting in the corner by himself.

“He looks so distraught. I hope nothing bad has happened,” Matt murmured.

“Me too,” Jack frowned.

Matt was right. Alex was really pale and looked like he’d had no sleep at all.

“I’ll go get us some drinks and join you at the table,” Matt said.

Jack nodded and pecked a kiss to his lips. Alex smiled nervously at him as he sat down, but didn’t say anything, leaving the two of them in silence until Matt sat down a little while later holding three beers.

“Thanks,” Alex said softly, taking a long sip.

“So…are you going to tell us why you called us here?” Jack asked, cocking his head to the side.

Alex looked a bit uneasy, but he nodded.

“I didn’t see Zack all of winter break apart from at joint family functions,” Alex blurted.

Jack’s jaw dropped slightly and Matt glanced at Alex sadly. They knew how close the two best friends were, so for them to spend so much time apart? Not good.

“I’m sorry Alex, did anything cause it?” Jack asked softly.

“Not that I know of! My parents made us do this stupid mistletoe kiss thing but he was fine with it! And then we were just having dinner at my house and talking in my room after and Zack burst into tears! I tried to ask what was wrong but we ended up having an argument and he just stormed out after saying he didn’t want me to speak to him! I didn’t see him alone after that! I don’t understand!” Alex exasperated.

“I knew this would come one day,” Matt sighed.

“What do you mean?” Alex frowned.

“Don’t you realise how in love with you Zack is?” Matt said softly.

Alex gasped and Jack kicked Matt harshly in the leg under the table, making him yelp.

“What? It’s not like Alex doesn’t feel the same, right Alex?” Matt defended.

Alex just stayed silent. Jack scowled. If he could kill someone with a glare, Matt would be six feet under. Matt was not meant to say that about Zack, let alone to Alex’s face.

“I’ve got to go,” Alex mumbled.

Jack full-on glared at Matt as Alex quickly left the bar.

“How stupid could you be?!” Jack hissed.

“What? I’m just saying what everyone knows!” Matt defended.

“No! Not everyone knows! Zack and Alex sure as fuck don’t know that the other likes them, and now you’ve gone and fucked that up! I can’t believe you! I can’t believe you would betray Zack’s trust like this!” Jack said angrily.

“But I didn’t…”

“Save it, Matt. I’m going back to my flat. Don’t come with me,” Jack interrupted venomously.

With that, Jack stormed out of the bar, leaving Matt sitting at the table by himself, astounded.

“What the fuck was that all about?!” he exasperated.

*

Rian finished his last English class of the day with a sigh. End of classes meant going back to his flat. Going back to his flat meant Alex and Zack being awkward around each other (well, more like Zack avoiding Alex completely and Alex pining like a puppy) and Jack ignoring Matt, so Jack spent every spare moment doing some sort of cleaning to keep his mind off his boyfriend. It was the start of February now, and this was how everything had been for a month. An entire fucking month. And Rian was starting to get sick of it.

What made things worse was that Evan was obviously sticking by Matt, being his best friend and flatmate, and that meant Rian couldn’t spend time over there without being glared at for being a ‘traitor’ and going over to ‘enemy camp’. Really. As refreshing as it was for Rian and Evan to be the only couple not fighting for once, it was still putting a strain on them. Rian was trying to just stick it out though, and spent time with Evan as much as he could after classes.

Rian sighed and hitched his bag further up his shoulder, heading out to his and Evan’s meeting spot between their two buildings. But when Rian spotted Evan and drew closer, he saw that Evan was laughing and smiling too close for comfort with a short dark haired guy. What the fuck?!

Rian knows that kid. His name is Alex call-me-Grieco and he’s in Evan’s Classics classes. And he has the most painfully obvious motherfucking crush on Evan. Not that Evan notices. Oh no. He’s just a friendly guy, Rian! Yeah fucking right. Grieco would do anything to get into Evan’s pants. Anything.

If this was the other way round, and if Rian was laughing and smiling with someone else (ooh, like back in November), Evan would not hesitate to give him shit for it. What a hypocrite! How was this fair?! Fucking double standards.

But what really made Rian angry was when Grieco leant down and kissed Evan’s cheek softly, before leaving. And Evan smiled and blushed. No grimacing, no irritation, a fucking smile.

Oh hell no.

Rian narrowed his eyes as Evan spotted him and waved. Then Evan noticed Rian’s anger as his boyfriend walked over, and his smile fell. Shit.

“H-Hi baby,” Evan said nervously.

“You are such a fucking hypocrite!” Rian yelled.

Evan squeaked and glanced around them. Yep, people were watching. Just great.

“I-I…”

“Why can’t my one past mistake not be forgiven, but you can flirt and get kissed on the cheek?” Rian said angrily.

“It’s not what it looked like,” Evan mumbled.

“Yeah fucking right. So much for trust, Ev,” Rian scoffed.

Tears sprung to Evan’s eyes, but Rian just shook his head. He was furious. Beyond furious. How could Evan have such double standards when he gave Rian such shit for something he did so long ago in the past?!

“It was nothing!” Evan defended, the tears in his eyes threatening to fall.

“He kissed you on the cheek and you blushed and smiled. That isn’t nothing, especially with all the crap you give me,” Rian scowled.

“I swear it’s nothing! He was just being friendly!” Evan whimpered.

“Fuck off, Ev. Just fuck off. Don’t bother coming over tonight, yeah?” Rian spat.

“But…”

Evan’s protests died on his lips as Rian stormed away, and his tears fell.

*

Valentines Day. The holiday created to celebrate love and romance, one that Rian, Alex and Jack usually loved to indulge in. But not this year. Instead of being with Evan, or Matt, or anyone for that matter, they were sitting in their living room in pyjamas, blankets and slippers, gorging on ice cream while watching Bridget Jones’ diary. Yes, they’d sunk that low. Zack wasn’t even with them – he’d locked himself in his bedroom to study straight after his classes had finished. And Evan and Matt hadn’t been heard from in over a week, so they were out of the question.

So much for romance.

Rian sighed under his breath as his spoon hit the bottom of the now-empty carton. Fuck, that was two tubs gone already. He felt like such a woman, sitting here moping over Evan. What had he done to deserve Evan flirting with another guy? Yes, he’d cheated on Evan in the first month they’d dated, but that was in freshman year! That was 3 whole years ago! Surely he’d balanced his karma by now?!

Jack still wasn’t talking to Matt for betraying Zack’s feelings like that. He was furious with his boyfriend for not thinking before he talked, and he wasn’t going to talk to him until the situation was resolved. And seeing as Alex was part of their self-pity party tonight, he didn’t think anything would be resolved any time soon.

Alex didn’t know what to think. He’d always been close to Zack, closer to him than anyone, but he’d never given it any further thought. For Matt to say that Zack liked him…well, that just opened the flood gates. Since the night of revelation at The Rig, Alex had done nothing but think about Zack, and he realised that he liked his best friend as more than a best friend. He realised something was different after their mistletoe kiss, but after thinking about it for a month and a half, Alex realised just how deep rooted his feelings were – but with Zack avoiding him at all costs, there was no way he could get Zack to listen to him, not without kidnapping him or something like that. It was useless, and he was fed up.

“Guys, we are so pathetic,” Jack grumbled.

Rian looked around at their empty cartons of ice-cream and sighed. Jack had a point for once.

“Yeah, we are, but what the fuck can we do about it?” Rian sighed.

“Well, we can continue to drown our sorrows in the only men that will never disappoint us, ben and jerry…”

Rian and Alex looked at each other. They rather liked that plan.

“…or we can all grow a pair and go talk to the guys we’re pining over,” Jack said simply.

“Nicely said Jack,” Alex mused.

Jack beamed.

“Thank you Alex,” Jack replied.

“If it only it was that fucking easy,” Rian muttered.

“It can be. We just have to make sure we don’t overcomplicate things,” Jack shrugged.

“That’s alright for you to say – you’re not the one pining over the guy that invented awkward evasion,” Alex muttered.

“Don’t even start me on Evan’s hypocrisy,” Rian added.

“Guys!” Jack squealed, getting their attention, “do you want to be with Zack and Evan?”

“Well, yeah, duh,” Alex nodded, Rian agreeing.

“Then find a way to get over it,” Jack shrugged.

“What’s your master plan for you and Matt then?” Alex muttered.

“I’m only mad at him for what he said to you about Zack, so when your situation is resolved, I can talk to Matt. So…you might want to get cracking, I miss having his dick up my ass,” Jack said seriously.

Rian grimaced and Alex scowled. Too much information.

*

Zack finished his final March exam with a sigh. Not really a happy sigh, not really a sad sigh. It wasn’t a sad sigh because his week of exams were finally over. But it wasn’t a happy sigh either, because he was still avoiding Alex, despite the fact that Zack could tell that Alex had occasionally tried to talk to him since Valentines Day. He remembered that day. He remembered hearing them watch Bridget Jones’ Diary, and Love Actually, and Moulin Rouge like the flaming homosexuals they are. Zack kinda wished he’d joined them, he could’ve used a few sappy films and ice-cream, but that would’ve meant being in the same room as Alex – and that was a big no no. Zack had used the excuse of studying for his exams to stay in his room all the time or to stay in the library late, but now he didn’t have that excuse.

One thing sprung to the front of Zack’s mind though. Spring Break starts tomorrow. Zack always drove Alex home from Northwestern, and as far as Zack knew, Alex hadn’t made any other plans. Fuck. This was going to be the most awkward drive home ever. But how to ask Alex? Or should Zack just assume that Alex would be waiting at his car? No, that would be weird. Maybe Zack could…write Alex a note? Yeah, he could write a note! A note could work right?

Alex,

Please be ready at 9am for me to drive us home tomorrow.

Zack.


Wow, that was pathetic. But seeing as they hadn’t spoken in nearly 3 months, it was the best Zack could do. With a sigh, Zack shuffled out of his bedroom and posted it under Alex’s bedroom door. He knew Alex wasn’t back from classes yet, so he knew he wouldn’t have to deal with Alex’s reply just yet.

At least he could get some last minute reading done first.

An hour later, Alex got back to the flat. Zack tried to concentrate on his book, he really did, but that all went down the drain when Alex slammed his bedroom door open.

“A note? A fucking note? Is this what our friendship has boiled down to?” Alex seethed.

“Well it seems like it, yeah,” Zack mumbled, putting his book down on the side.

“No,” Alex spat.

“Excuse me?” Zack squeaked.

“I won’t let that happen,” Alex said furiously.

Zack just stayed silent, biting his bottom lip, only making Alex angrier. Alex slammed Zack’s bedroom door closed and locked it, before looking back at Zack.

“I know that you like me,” Alex blurted.

Fuck. Oh fuck. Zack did the only thing he could think of. He burst into tears. Alex’s anger immediately softened at how upset Zack was, and sat down on Zack’s bed next to him. It was about time he manned up and told the truth.

“Baby, it’s okay, I feel the same. I like you too,” Alex said firmly.

Zack’s breath hitched in his throat. W-What? No, this couldn’t be happening. This was a dream, right?

“Zack, I mean it. I like you too,” Alex repeated, making Zack look at him.

“Y-You do?” Zack choked.

“Yeah I do,” Alex nodded.

Zack laughed weakly and tries to wipe his tears away, but they keep falling.

“Those had better be happy tears,” Alex warned playfully.

Zack just nodded, making Alex chuckle.

“I just…I never thought…you and me…” Zack rambled, his eyes wide and his hands shaking.

Alex took Zack’s hands in his own to stop them shaking.

“Everyone always said how in denial we were, and all it took was for you not to be in my life to realise that. I can’t survive without you, Zack. I’m a complete mess when you’re not by my side and I know I should’ve realised it earlier but I didn’t. I’m just hoping you can forgive me for that,” Alex said softly.

“Of course I forgive you. Of course,” Zack said quickly, wiping his cheeks dry.

Alex smiled, a weight rising off his shoulders. He couldn’t believe it had taken him this long to say all that, he really couldn’t. Then he thought of something and blushed a little, making Zack raise an eyebrow.

“What?” Zack mused.

“Can I…can I kiss you?” Alex asked.

Zack’s breath hitched in his throat, but he nodded. Alex smiled a little wider and moved to straddle Zack’s waist, resting his forearms on Zack’s shoulders. Alex licked his lips quickly before leaning down to press them to Zack’s. Zack’s arms slid around Alex’s waist as the older boy kissed his slowly and sweetly, taking his time to toy Zack’s tongue with his own as his fingers gently ran through Zack’s hair. Zack smiled against Alex’s lips. This was perfect. Just like Alex. He’d been craving this since their mistletoe kiss.

Then Alex shifted his weight, to get more comfortable, ending up pressing his crotch directly to Zack’s, causing both boys to moan.

“Sh-Shit, sorry,” Alex choked.

He tried to move away but Zack’s arms held him in place. Alex sent Zack a questioning look, but Zack just looked at him shyly, hopefully almost. Oh. Oh. Without a word Alex stood up, pulling Zack to his feet too. Zack blushed as Alex unzipped his hoodie and pushed it off his shoulders, his hands immediately pushing his t-shirt up too. Once Zack was shirtless, Zack pulled off Alex’s own hoodie and t-shirt, their hands mapping out unfamiliar skin.

Alex swallowed heavily as he reached for the button of Zack’s jeans, hesitating as he heard Zack inhale sharply.

“We don’t have to, Zack,” Alex said softly, reassuringly.

Zack shook his head. “I want to,”

That was enough encouragement for Alex. He pushed down Zack’s jeans, palming the younger boy through his grey briefs as Zack stepped out of his jeans, soft moans slipping from his lips as he got harder and harder.

“You’re a little too overdressed, Lex,” Zack gasped.

Alex chuckled and stopped his movements, choosing to strip himself of his jeans and boxers. Zack bit his bottom lip before pulling off his own boxers, leaving his body bare to Alex for the first time. Well, since they were 6 and still took baths together. But that was totally different. Because now they both had rock hard erections.

“Fuck, you’re…fuck,” Alex whispered, eyes wide and filled with lust.

“I’m what?” Zack asked nervously.

Alex lifted his eyes to look straight at Zack.

“You’re beautiful,” Alex said honestly.

Zack blushed deeply, moving backwards to sit down on the bed. Alex smiled and sat down next to him, pressing a gentle kiss to Zack’s lips before moving them so they were lying down, Zack on top of Alex, their erections brushing dangerously.

“So fucking beautiful,” Alex groaned, bucking his hips.

Zack moaned softly at the contact, before starting to kiss down Alex’s neck, brushing his lips across his collarbones before continuing to leave a trail of hot open mouthed kisses down Alex’s chest, Alex only realising what Zack’s intentions were when Zack’s tongue dipped into his belly button and dragged down his happy trail.

“Wanted to suck you off for so long. Had dreams about it, such good dreams. Jerked off to the thought of your dick for months,” Zack moaned, his lips dragging up the side of Alex’s dick.

Alex just moaned helplessly, picturing Zack writhing and jerking off on this very bed, only making himself harder. Without thinking he rummaged through Zack’s drawers, pulling out a bottle of lube and handing it to the younger boy.

“W-Want you to finger me as you blow me,” Alex managed to choke.

Zack just nodded eagerly, drizzling three fingers with the slippery liquid. Alex forced his eyes to stay open, to watch Zack as his dick slowly disappeared into the warm wet cavern of his best friend’s mouth. Fuck Zack was good with his lips. And his tongue. Zack wasted no time in pressing two fingers against Alex’s entrance before slowly pushing them in, sucking Alex’s tip as he started to move them.

“Zack!” Alex gasped, throwing his head back.

Zack grinned and returned to bobbing his head, using just the right amount of tongue, as he scissored, pumped and twisted his fingers, adding a third finger not long after. Alex was already a babbling mess, incoherent sentences falling from his lips, his back arching and his dick throbbing. He’d never felt this amount of pleasure from just foreplay. Ever.

“Fuck, fuck, I wanna…I wanna ride you, wanna ride you so hard,” Alex babbled, arching his back slightly.

Zack’s cheeks flushed but his dick twitched. What Alex wants, Alex gets. Zack pulled off Alex’s dick with a soft pop, pulling his fingers out too, his skin buzzing with need.

“Fuck yeah,” Zack breathed.

Alex moaned helplessly as Zack crawled up his body, flipping them over so Alex was now on top.

“Condom,” Alex panted.

Zack reached blindly for one in his drawer, quickly handing it to Alex. His eyes never left the older boy’s hands as he rolled the condom down Zack’s throbbing length, a surprised moan slipping from his lips when Alex squeezed his base.

“Can’t have you coming too early,” Alex grinned.

“Oh I can guarantee that you’ll be coming before me,” Zack shot back, eyes gleaming.

Alex’s breath hitched in his throat at the burning lust in Zack’s eyes, and he eagerly positioned himself over Zack’s length, Zack holding his base to guide Alex down. Zack held his breath as Alex slowly lowered himself, fighting not to moan wantonly at how tight Alex was. Fuck.

“So…so full, so good, so big,” Alex moaned once Zack’s hips pressed to his ass.

Zack couldn’t help but grin. It wasn’t every day that he heard someone say that to him, let alone that someone being Alex.

“Let me know when you’re ready,” Zack said softly, despite the fact he was aching just to pound Alex’s ass.

Alex smiled gratefully, pressing a slow kiss to Zack’s lips while he adjusted. Soon enough, Alex nodded, letting Zack place his hands on his hips.

“Go. You’re in control,” Zack said shyly.

Alex grinned. He was hoping Zack would say that. After a few experimental movements from Alex, he found his rhythm, soon bouncing enthusiastically on Zack’s dick. Zack was moaning and groaning and throwing his head back, his grip on Alex’s hips being hard enough to bruise.

It was definitely going to bruise.

“Faster,” he grunted.

Alex smirked and complied, sweat starting to trickle down his temple. Zack couldn’t help but start to meet Alex’s thrusts, his hips rising in a rhythm that matched Alex’s, making it faster and harder, their moans escalating.

“Lean back, baby,” Zack encouraged.

Alex’s eyes widened slightly but he did so, his hands resting on Zack’s knees. This new angle pushed Zack deeper inside, hitting Alex’s prostate every time. Zack could feel the tension in Alex’s thighs, could feel how this new position affected him, could hear it when Alex moaned louder. What made it better was that Alex was completely exposed to him, all the way down to Zack watching his dick slide in and out of Alex’s ass. Fuck, he looked beautiful.

“So fucking beautiful, so fucking perfect, all mine, only mine, no-one fucks this ass but me,” Zack growled, unable to stop himself.

Alex just moaned. He had never known until now that dirty talk only turned him on more. And for Zack to be saying it? Fuck.

“Need more. Tell me more,” Alex begged.

“What do you want to hear, hmm? Such a good little slut, taking me without any resistance. I bet you’d do anything to have my cock in your ass. You’d take me from any position, do anything to have me filling you, using you, making you mine,”

“I would, I would,” Alex cried out, almost deliriously.

Zack groaned as Alex tightened around him, knowing that he was close.

“Come for me, Lex. Come so fucking hard that you see stars,” Zack said lowly.

And Alex did, long white strings shooting up Zack’s chest, even hitting Zack’s chin. Zack kept thrusting as Alex was washed over with pleasure, finally releasing as Alex stilled on top of him, filling the condom as he cried out Alex’s name, circling his hips gently.

“Give me a sec,” Alex panted, placing a hand on Zack’s chest.

Zack just nodded, trying to catch his breath. That was…that was the best sex he’d ever had. Ever. Eventually Alex nodded, so Zack lifted him off and gently laid him down on the bed, taking care to pull of the condom and tie it up, tossing it in the general direction of the trash can. Zack picked up an old t-shirt from the floor and wiped Alex’s spunk from his torso and chin, before dropping the t-shirt back to the floor. As soon as Zack laid back down, Alex was snuggling into his side, lips pressing lazy kisses into Zack’s neck.

As much as Zack enjoyed the post-coital nuzzling, he needed to ask something first.

“So, uh, what does this mean?” Zack asked awkwardly.

“Now that we’ve had sex? Now that we’ve admitted our mutual feelings?” Alex prompted, lifting his head to look at Zack.

Zack just nodded, too nervous to say anything. What if Alex decided one fuck was enough? What if Alex decided that Zack wasn’t worth it after all?

“How about we just see what happens over Spring Break and then decide when we get back to college,” Alex suggested.

Zack chewed his bottom lip as his heart sunk a bit. Alex noticed the change in Zack’s expression and cursed softly.

“I mean more for holding off from our parents for a while, just while we’re getting used to each other on this new level,” Alex added.

As much as he was in love with Alex, he could see Alex’s point.

“Our parents would go ape shit,” Zack agreed.

“Exactly. But don’t think this means I don’t want you, I do, it’s just that I don’t want to rush into anything. I don’t want our parents to break out the wedding plans they’ve been making for years just as we’re getting used to admitting our feelings. I want us to get used to the idea of being intimate and being more than just friends after so long of being in denial. I want to do this the right way, Zack,” Alex said seriously.

Zack couldn’t hold back the smile that spread across his lips.

“I like the sound of that,” Zack said softly.

Alex grinned and rolled over so he was lying completely on Zack, their naked bodies aligned in every curve, dip and ridge, Alex’s dick half-hard already against Zack’s stirring one. Zack just blushed.

“Now…how about we continue to make up for lost time, huh?” Alex suggested.

“I like the sound of that too,” Zack said shyly.

Alex’s heart fluttered at Zack’s adorableness, and he kissed him deeply.

*

For once, Matt didn’t go back home to Chicago over Spring Break, not particularly wanting his parents and other relatives to interrogate him about his life and about Jack. Jack really wasn’t something he wanted to think about, especially not seeing as they hadn’t spoken since January. Fuck, he didn’t even know if he could still call Jack his boyfriend. Could he? They hadn’t spoken in over three months – let alone seen each other…did that still clarify them as in a relationship even if neither had declared the relationship over?

Regardless, Matt stayed at Northwestern, mainly just getting some extra credit work done, as well as helping out in a local soup kitchen. Well, it wasn’t just to look good on his resume. He needed something to make him like he was doing at least something right.

Evan had come back on the final Sunday, but seeing as Rian still wasn’t talking to him, he went straight to his bedroom and locked the door. So much for flatmate socialising. Matt just continued to read his algebra textbook, taking notes on anything he didn’t understand.

Imagine his surprise when he heard knocking on the window, and looked up to see Jack.

“What the fuck?!” Matt gasped, holding his hand to his heart.

How the fuck did Jack get outside his window?! And why the fuck was he there in the first place?!

‘Let me in’ Jack mouthed.

Matt chewed his bottom lip nervously but slid open the window, and helped Jack into the room, before closing it again.

“How…?” Matt trailed off.

“I climbed up the fire escape and shimmied along the ledge,” Jack explained, as if it was the most normal thing in the world.

“You’re crazy,” Matt said, still not quite believing it.

Jack shrugged and grinned, before leaning forward and pressing his lips firmly to Matt’s. Matt groaned and immediately kissed back, his hands clutching at Jack’s waist. Fuck, it had been too long since he’d last tasted Jack’s lips. Far too long. Then Matt remembered why and pushed Jack away slightly, breaking the kiss.

“Not that I don’t appreciate the spontaneity of all this, but what’s going on? Why are you here after three months of nothing?” Matt asked, confused.

“Zack and Alex are dating,” Jack gushed.

“W-What?” Matt said, surprised.

“Zack and Alex are dating. They announced it when I arrived back to our flat and seeing as I can’t be mad at you for spilling their feelings any more, I’ve come to make up for the time I haven’t seen you,” Jack rambled.

Matt’s jaw dropped slightly.

“Did you really think just coming over and sexually assaulting me would fix all our problems?” he said incredulously.

Jack smiled sheepishly.

“I kinda thought it would work?” Jack offered.

Matt groaned. “I missed you too much to kick you out right now so you can stay…but we’re not having sex,”

“But but but...”

“No, Jack, no sex,” Mat interrupted.

Jack’s eyes flashed with a stubbornness that made Matt swallow heavily.

“We’ll see if you change your mind when I’m naked on your bed and jerking off while moaning your name,” Jack challenged.

Matt swallowed heavily at the image. Fuck, that would be hot. Wait, no! He wouldn’t give in. He had some standards and if Jack could ignore him for three months, he could ignore him for at least one night.

“I have work to do,” Matt muttered.

Jack just laughed.

“I’ll be on your bed when you change your mind,” Jack winked.

Matt’s eyes widened as Jack unzipped his jeans and started to pull them down, quickly turning around to read his textbook again. He tried to concentrate, he really did, but how could he when he heard the telltale hitch of breath when Jack palmed himself through his boxers, or when he heard Jack sliding his boxers down his legs? Jack grinned and kicked his boxers at Matt, laughing as they landed directly on Matt’s head, laughing even more as Matt pulled them off his head and kept them bunched in his hand.

“Just give in already, Matty,” Jack purred.

Matt just grunted, not looking at him. He squeezed his eyes tight as he heard his bed springs creak as Jack sat down, clenching his fist even tighter around Jack’s boxers as he heard Jack start to masturbate.

“You have no idea how much it turns me on, jerking off like this when you’re just sitting there, knowing you’re getting harder and harder just listening, waiting until you snap to pounce on me,”

“Shut up, Jack,” Matt growled, refusing to admit that yes, his dick was now straining against his jeans.

“Why? Why would I when I’m on my way to achieving exactly what I want? Just turn around and look at me, Matt. Look at how I’m throbbing for you. It should be your hand wrapped around my dick, not my hand. It should be your thumb swiping over the pre-cum on my tip. It should be your fingers grazing my balls,” Jack moaned.

Matt let out a helpless noise, his dick now painfully hard. This wasn’t fair.

“Please Matt,” Jack breathed.

With a curse to all he held holy, Matt spun around, glaring at Jack. Jack just moaned at the fire in Matt’s eyes.

“You’re riding me right here. And I’m not stretching you,” Matt growled.

“Fuck yes,” Jack moaned.

Jack managed to grab a condom and some lube before straddling Matt’s lap, his legs threading through the arms of the desk chair.

“Aren’t you getting naked?” Jack asked, eyes blown wide.

“Nope,” Matt replied shortly, unzipping his jeans.

Jack groaned at the thought of the friction, and helped Matt shimmy his jeans and briefs down to mid-thigh, before rolling the condom down his length and covering it with lube. Matt grabbed Jack’s hips and guided his dick to Jack’s entrance, gently lowering him. He felt bad for not stretching Jack as the younger boy whimpered at the burn, but kept going. If Jack wanted sex, he was getting it Matt’s way.

“C-Can you wait a sec?” Jack begged, his hands flat to Matt’s chest when Matt was in to his base.

Matt just nodded, desperately trying not to come. It had been three months, okay?

“Okay, I’m good,” Jack nodded.

Matt kissed him chastely before starting to thrust, moving Jack’s hips in time with his hips. Jack immediately moaned loudly, throwing his head back as his hands gripped Matt’s shoulders, and Matt winced. Evan definitely heard that.

“Matt!” Jack moaned even louder.

Well, it’s not like Matt hadn’t heard Evan cry out Rian’s name enough times. So fuck it.

“What do you want, Jack? Harder? Faster? Rougher?” Matt rasped.

“A-All of them,” Jack whimpered.

Matt couldn’t help but indulge him, his hips thrusting at animalistic pace. Jack’s moans were getting louder and more constant, his dick leaking furiously. Matt’s back was aching, this thighs burning and his body sweating, but didn’t care. He didn’t care that his desk chair would probably be ruined for life either. All he cared about was that he had Jack bouncing on his dick, riding him like he was being paid to do it, writhing and arching his back as pleasure wracked his body.

Matt was doing this to him. Matt and no-one else.

“S-So close,” Jack whimpered, his nails digging into Matt’s shoulderblades.

“Yeah?” Matt grinned.

He angled his hips to hit Jack’s prostate dead-on with every single thrust, and Jack screamed as he released without warning, long white strings to cover Matt’s chest. Matt cried out as Jack tightened even more around him.

“Come for me, Matty. Come for me,” Jack gasped.

Matt thrusted a few more times into Jack’s tight heat until he let him go, shooting hard into the condom, Jack circling his hips as he went. As Matt started to softened, Jack pulled himself off and sat on Matt’s thighs instead, carefully pulling the condom off and tying it, dropping it in Matt’s trash can. Matt watched with half-lidded eyes as Jack ducked his head down and licked up all his cum, every last drop, before swallowing. Fuck, that was hot. Matt kissed Jack harshly, dipping his tongue in and out of Jack’s mouth to taste himself, gripping the back of his head and tugging his hair gently before wrenching him backwards.

“Thank fuck, I’ve been dying to get laid,” Jack groaned happily.

“Fuck you,” Matt muttered, pushing Jack off.

Jack giggled as he landed on the floor, quickly getting up and kissing Matt gently. Matt inhaled deeply, kissing Jack back before breaking the kiss.

“You are still not in my good books. Put some clothes on. And don’t expect me to spoon you tonight,” Matt warned.

“But but but I like to snuggle when I sleep!” Jack pouted, pulling on his boxers.

“Then you shouldn’t have ignored me for three months,” Matt retorted.

“What if I rim you before we go to bed and suck your dick when we wake up? Will you cuddle me then?” Jack asked hopefully.

Matt found himself moaning before he could even think. Fuck.

“You’re something else, Jack Barakat,” Matt said incredulously.

“I’ll take that as a yes,” Jack grinned.

*

Rian was fed up. More than fucking fed up. It was the beginning of April and nothing was resolved with Evan. Zack and Alex had worked out their issues and were gushing over each other. Jack and Matt were talking again and had resumed their passionate fucking routine. But Rian and Evan?

Not a chance.

It was getting to the point where Rian was considering admitting defeat and just saying that they weren’t a couple anymore. Because seriously? Evan was ignoring his calls, wouldn’t reply to his texts, and wouldn’t see him when he went over to the flat. It was getting to the point where it was starting to hurt Rian too much to carrying on trying.

He didn’t want to give up, fuck no. Evan was his everything. But if Evan was going to be the one that gets insanely jealous and then does the exact same thing, and then not talk to Rian when he tries to sort stuff out, what was Rian meant to do?!

Tomorrow. Tomorrow Rian would try one last time, before announcing their break-up. He’d tried hadn’t he?

Rian was woken up from a deep sleep by his cellphone ringing obnoxiously. What the fuck? It’s still pitch black outside! He looked at the caller ID Evan. Holy fuck. He looked at the time. 5am? Was he serious?! After three and a half months, this was the time Evan chose to call?! With a sigh, Rian answered.

“Ev, it’s 5 in the morning, what do you want?” Rian yawned.

“Uh, my name’s Danny Kurily…”

Rian immediately woke up a little more. What?

“…I’m at a party with this guy who’s throwing up everywhere and crying and begging for his boyfriend, and I scrolled through his phone and figured you’re his boyfriend since you’re the person he’s called most. Well, he hasn’t called you since February, but there are no other calls on his phone so…” the boy rambled.

Rian sighed. Perfect. Just perfect.

“Yeah I’m his boyfriend. Where are you?” Rian asked.

“Come to Sheridan Street, you can’t miss the house – there are solo cups scattered everywhere outside,” Danny explained.

“Alright, thanks, I’ll be there soon,” Rian said, before ending the call.

Rian wasted no time in running out of the flat and down to the parking lot to his car. He knew where Sheridan Street was, and it wasn’t far, thank fuck. Like ‘Danny’ had said, Rian easily found the house, and parked directly outside. Only just remembering to lock his car, Rian rushed up to the front door, walking inside when he found it to be open. Rian frowned as a boy walked up to him. Short dark hair, a blonde racing stripe and tattoos. This isn’t the type of guy Evan usually hung out with. What the fuck was Evan doing here?!

“Are you Rian?” the boy asked.

“Yes I am,” Rian nodded.

“Great! I’m Danny, the guy that called you,” he beamed.

“Oh thank fuck. Where’s Evan?” Rian asked worriedly.

“Evan’s still in the bathroom, although he’s passed out now,” Danny explained.

Rian groaned but nodded. It was going to be fun to get Evan home now. Not.

“Thanks for watching over him, I really appreciate it,” Rian said honestly.

Danny shrugged.

“No problem, it meant I could escape my ex Dan. Dan Nickelski. Do you know him?” Danny asked, in what sounded like a hopeful tone.

“Can’t say that I do,” Rian replied, shaking his head.

Danny looked a little crestfallen. So much for being over his ex. They stood in awkward silence for a few seconds, before Rian cleared his throat.

“So, uh, Evan?” Rian prompted.

“Oh yeah, follow me, he’s just this way,” Danny nodded.

Rian followed the racing stripe boy to the bathroom, gasping when he saw a very pale Evan passed out hugging the toilet. Holy fuck.

“Do you need any help carrying him?” Danny asked.

“Uh, no, I should be fine. Can you open the front door though?” Rian sighed.

“Sure thing,” Danny nodded.

He left Rian alone with his unconscious boyfriend/ex-boyfriend. Rian sighed again before scooping Evan up in his arms, making sure his head was supported by Rian’s shoulder before starting to walk through the house to the front door.

“Here’s his cellphone and jacket. I hope he’s okay,” Danny said, placing the items on Evan’s stomach.

“I hope everything works out with Nickelski,” Rian replied.

Danny’s eyes widened and he opened his mouth to retort but Rian was already walking to his car. Somehow Rian managed to open his passenger door with his foot and strapped Evan in, shoving his jacket between his seatbelt and his head so he didn’t choke, before getting into the driver’s seat. Evan murmured uncomfortably, but Rian ignored him. This was Evan’s fault and he was lucky that Rian was looking after him at all.

When he got back to the flat he laid Evan down in his bed, putting a handy bucket on the floor by his head just in case. He could give his bed up for Evan for one night, couldn’t he? Rian covered Evan with his duvet and pressed a gentle kiss to his forehead before grabbing a comforter from his cupboard and heading out to the sofa. Fuck knows what would happen in the morning. Rian just hoped it wouldn’t be too bad.

*

Evan woke up with a start, his mouth dry as sandpaper and his head feeling like it had been slammed by a truck. What the fuck had happened last night?! He just remembered going to a party that Grieco had invited him to, and getting absolutely wasted. He vaguely remembered a boy with racing stripe hair hovering over him in the bathroom, but nothing else. Fuck, what did he do?

With a grunt, he forced himself onto his back, freezing as he realised this wasn’t his bedroom. Where the fuck was he?! Then he noticed a photo pinned to the wall. It was of him and Rian. This was…this was Rian’s room. Fuck. He knew Rian wasn’t at the party last night…so how did he end up here?

And Rian wasn’t in the bed with him. It looked completely unslept in actually. Fuck. Where was Rian? Evan shakily got out of bed and opened the bedroom door, quietly walking out to the living area. His breath hitched in his throat when he saw Rian lying at an awkward angle on the sofa. Rian…Rian had given his bed up for Evan even after how long Evan had ignored him for. Fuck. Now he felt even worse.

“R-Rian?” Evan said nervously, shaking his boyfriend’s shoulder.

Rian grunted and shifted slightly, before he opened his eyes blearily, a little disorientated until they landed on Evan.

“How are you feeling?” Rian croaked, sitting upright.

Evan wanted to cry. How could Rian be so nice?

“Like hell. I-I’m sorry that…well, I don’t know how I got into your bed but I’m sorry,” Evan apologised.

“I got a call at 5am from some kid who’d been watching you empty your guts out and cry for your boyfriend,” Rian sighed.

Evan swallowed heavily. Oh.

“I-I’m sorry, Ri. For everything,” Evan said softly.

“Why were you so drunk, Ev?” Rian demanded, ignoring what Evan said.

“Because I wanted to forget how shitty I felt,” Evan mumbled.

This only made Rian a little angrier.

“You could’ve been seriously injured or taken advantage of or died from choking on your own vomit if some kid hadn’t called me and looked after you,” Rian ranted.

Evan paled slightly.

“I’m sorry!” Evan squeaked.

Rian scoffed his disbelief, so Evan sighed.

“I don’t know what else I can say or what you want me to say, but I’m sorry,” Evan said sadly.

“Are you really sorry? Or are you just saying that because I’ve been going out of my mind for the past 4 months and the first contact with you I have is you being practically paralytic drunk!” Rian ranted, finally standing up.

“Of course I’m sorry! I-I’ve wanted to talk to you Ri but we’ve got so many problems that I didn’t just want to fall back into your arms and pretend like we’re fine. Can’t you understand that?” Evan groaned.

“All I want is for us to be back to normal Ev,” Rian said seriously.

“Can we get back there with all our issues?” Evan asked awkwardly.

“If you want us to work, then yeah, we can work back to being normal. I want us to get back to normal. I don’t want to admit defeat. I was going to admit defeat and say that we weren’t dating any more today,” Rian admitted.

Tears sprung to Evan’s eyes, and he gasped.

“I can’t lose you,” Evan whispered.

“Then stop ignoring me and help me work our shit out!” Rian exasperated.

“But…”

“Do you love me?” Rian interrupted.

“Of course I do but…”

“Say it,” Rian interrupted again.

“I love you,” Evan said, his voice cracking slightly, “I love you so much,”

“And I love you. We can make this work, Ev. We can because we love each other,” Rian said softly.

Evan sniffed and nodded, before pressing his lips firmly to Rian’s. Rian moaned softly in surprise but desperately kissed back, kissing him like he hadn’t seen him in years, let alone months. Their arms wound around each other, holding the other close, not willing to let go. Eventually Rian slowed their kiss down to a few short pecks, before pulling away and resting his forehead on Evan’s.

“I love you,” he murmured.

Evan smiled, tears pricking his eyes.

“I love you too,” Evan replied.

Rian pecked Evan’s lips again before stepping out of his arms.

“Why don’t you go and have a shower and then we can spend the day in my bed talking over everything,”

Evan wrinkled his nose but nodded. He hated talking over stuff, but he knew they needed it.

“C-Can you come in the shower with me? I’m still feeling a little shaky,” Evan admitted sheepishly.

Rian laughed and nodded, linking their hands together. There was so much they had to work through, but Rian would be damned if he was letting anything come between him and Evan again.

*

“Baby, come on! Evan’s birthday is tomorrow! We’ve got to get him something good!” Alex urged, tugging Zack’s hand.

“And we will, Lex, just calm down,” Zack snickered.

Yes, it was the beginning of May already. Zack couldn’t believe how time how flown, but he was excited nonetheless. Soon they would be graduating college and Zack and Alex would be free to take their relationship out into the adult world. He could honestly see nothing that could break them up. Ever. Everything was perfect.

“Ooh, ooh, aren’t those the limited edition Batman comics he was talking about the other day?” Alex said excitedly.

“I don’t know, I zoned out?” Zack offered.

Alex scoffed. “You’re lucky you’re cute. Come on, I’ve found our presents,”

Three hours later, Zack and Alex got back to their flat. After buying a few more things for Evan, they’d had some lunch, made out in the bathroom and done a little shopping for themselves. What? It was nice to spend time alone outside the flat for a change. When they got into the flat they were surprised to see Matt, Jack, Rian and Evan all sitting in the living area though.

“Go take the bags to your room,” Zack murmured, kissing Alex’s temple.

Alex smiled and nodded, leaving Zack to walk into the group alone.

“Did you have fun shopping?” Rian asked, sliding his arms around Evan’s waist.

“Yeah, Alex threw a little tantrum because I apparently ‘spoiled’ him, but he got over his sulk quickly,”

“Make out in the bathroom?” Jack guessed.

Zack just grinned. Alex joined them not long after and immediately sat down in Zack’s lap, curling his legs. Zack smiled and wrapped his arms around Alex’s waist, kissing his neck once before relaxing. He couldn’t believe it had taken them so long to be couple, he really couldn’t. This just felt so right.

“So what were you guys talking about?” Alex prompted.

“We were discussing what we were going to do after we graduate,” Matt said.

“Oh yeah?” Zack smiled.

“Ev and I are both continuing our degrees, so we’re staying on at Northwestern for at least another 3 years. And…if Matt doesn’t mind, I’ll be moving into the other flat with Ev when we all graduate,” Rian announced.

Evan just smiled up at Rian lovingly, earning a peck to his lips.

“I don’t know what I’m doing yet. I won’t be staying on to study more though,” Matt shrugged.

“Me neither, but I do know that I want to look into directing films and stuff in the future,” Jack grinned.

Zack could see Jack doing that.

“What about you two? Have you thought about what you want to do when we graduate?” Rian asked.

Zack chewed his bottom lip. He knew what he wanted to do. He’d always wanted the same future, ever since he’d learned what Art History was, but he had no idea about Alex.

“I’ve always wanted to work for Greenpeace. There’s a 5 year allotted time you can work for them, so I want to do that in the next few years,” Alex said firmly, his eyes lighting up.

One of the many things Zack loved about Alex was his passion for the environment. It was refreshing, if nothing else.

“I’ve always wanted to be the curator of an art museum. Like, the national museum of art in Washington, or the metropolitan museum of art in New York. Something like that,” Zack admitted.

“Wow, that sounds exciting,” Matt grinned.

“Sounds dull,” Jack retorted, rolling his eyes.

“Hey, no calling my boyfriend dull!” Alex defended, throwing a cushion at Jack.

Zack laughed and pressed a kiss to Alex’s neck in thanks, Jack just pouting.

“We were thinking of going out for dinner. Do you guys want to come to?” Rian asked.

Zack looked at Alex, who just shrugged.

“Sure, sounds like fun,” Zack smiled.

*

“Z-Zack! Close!” Alex whimpered.

Zack bit down on his shoulder, folding himself over Alex’s body where he was taking him from behind and wrapped his hand around Alex’s dick.

“Then come for me,” Zack whispered, jerking Alex off in time with his thrusts.

Alex moaned loudly as he shot his load over the bed and over Zack’s fist, Zack thrusting a few more times before releasing into the condom, riding them through their highs.

“Fuck, fuck, I…fuck,” Alex groaned as Zack pulled out of him.

“I’ll take that as a compliment,” Zack mused, tying the condom and putting it in the trash can.

Alex picked up a t-shirt from the floor and wiped as much spunk off his bedsheets as possible before lying down next to Zack.

“I wonder how much more we’ll be able to do this,” Zack murmured.

“W-What?” Alex choked, snapping his head towards Zack.

“Well…you’ll be travelling the world, saving animals and the environment, while I’ll be in an art museum in Washington or New York – we won’t exactly be in the same state, Lex, maybe not even the same country,” Zack explained.

Alex bit his bottom lip as tears pricked his eyes. He hadn’t thought about that. He hadn’t thought…that he would lose Zack. He was going to lose Zack! No!

“Hey, hey, don’t worry, Lex!” Zack said quickly, noticing how upset Alex looked.

Alex just started to cry, only making Zack feel worse. He wrapped his arms around Alex as Alex’s sobbing got louder and more hysterical, trying to calm him down by rubbing his back and kissing his face and whispering soothing words, but nothing seemed to work. Nothing could console him.

“Ssh now baby, ssh,” Zack said softly.

“It’s not fair! It’s not fair that after how much we’ve gotten over to be together that we’re just going to be ripped apart!” Alex choked between sobs.

“It’ll be okay, Lex,” Zack soothed.

“H-How can it possibly be okay?” Alex wailed.

“Because I’ll always love you, no matter where you are,” Zack said softly.

Alex’s breath hitched in his throat, his sobs stopping immediately.

“Y-You love me?” he whispered.

Zack blushed slightly, but nodded.

“Yeah I do, and that’s never going to change whether you’re protecting whales or stopping pollution or whatever. I will love you, wherever you are in the world. We won’t lose each other, because I love you,” Zack said softly.

Tears sprung to Alex’s eyes all over again.

“I love you too. Fuck, I love you so fucking much, you have no idea,” Alex choked.

Zack laughed and pressed a soft kiss to Alex’s lips, and another and another, before pulling back and smiling reassuringly. Alex still looked a little unconvinced.

“Do you really think this could work? Us being so far apart for 5 years?” Alex asked sadly.

“Yeah I think it could. I mean I know it’ll be hard and I’ll miss you so fucking much, but I love you too much to lose you. I want it to work,” Zack said firmly.

“I want it to work too,” Alex murmured.

They fell silent as Zack wrapped his arms around Alex, Alex burying his face in the crook of Zack’s neck as he clutched onto his boyfriend tightly, Zack just kissing the top of Alex’s head.

“I’m scared, Zack,” Alex said quietly.

Zack smiled weakly.

“Me too,” Zack replied.

*

Matt picked up the mail on his way up to the flat, exhausted from a hard day of classes. They may be graduating soon but that didn’t mean the lecturers were easing up at all. If anything, there was even more work than usual.

“Ev, mail!” Matt called, closing the front door behind him.

For once, Evan didn’t have Rian attached to his hip.

“Anything exciting?” Evan asked.

“Uh, I think you’ve got a letter from your mom and something from college. Probably about you continuing your studies. And I’ve got…huh, I don’t know who this is from but the zip code is from back home,” Matt frowned.

“Ooh, open it!” Evan said excitedly.

Matt chuckled softly and dropped his back do the floor, before opening the letter. Goldsmith and Archers Accountancy Firm. Holy shit, Matt had applied for a job there.

“Well?” Evan prompted.

Matt ignored him and continued to read it.

Dear Mr Flyzik,

We have looked over your job application and resume, and are proud to offer you a job as a Junior Accountant upon your graduation at Northwestern college…


Matt’s eyes went wide as he read the rest of it, his jaw dropping slightly. This was his dream job – one of the best accountancy firms in Chicago, and he’d go straight in as a Junior? Fuck, this was amazing.

“What is it, Matt?” Evan asked impatiently.

“I’ve been offered a job back home in one of the best accountancy firms there is,” Matt said happily.

“Oh my gosh! That’s amazing!” Evan gushed.

Matt laughed as his flatmate through his arms around him, hugging back just as tightly. He couldn’t believe this was happening. This was a dream come true!

“What about Jack though?” Evan asked as he pulled away.

“Jack?” Matt asked, confused.

“Well, he’s moving to LA, isn’t he? LA and Chicago aren’t exactly next to each other,” Evan pointed out.

And just like that, Matt’s good mood plummeted. Fuck. Jack. This would…this would separate them. There was no way he could ever ruin Jack’s dreams of going to Hollywood, but Matt had wanted to work in this accountancy firm since he’d started his degree…what the fuck was he going to do?!

“Matt, you have to tell Jack, even if it hurts. He deserves to know,” Evan said softly.

Matt sighed. He hated it when Evan was right.

“Yeah, I know. I just wish it didn’t have to be like this,” Matt said wistfully.

Evan smiled sadly.

“It doesn’t necessarily mean the end, y’know,” Evan pointed out.

Matt sighed and rubbed the back of his neck.

“It kinda does,” he said softly.

He flinched slightly as he felt Evan’s arms wrapped around him in another hug, a completely different hug this time. And this time, Matt hugged back half-heartedly.

“I’m sorry,” Evan murmured.

“Me too,” Matt replied.

After half an hour of moping, Matt forced himself to walk over to Jack’s flat. The longer he put it off, the worse it would get. The harder it would be for him to tell Jack at all.

Zack answered the door and smiled at Matt, ushering him in. Matt smiled weakly. Zack would probably regret letting Matt into the flat when he was done. Matt went straight to Jack’s room and knocked on the door twice before entering.

“Hey baby,” Jack said happily, jumping to his feet.

Matt shut the door behind him before kissing Jack in greeting, savouring his taste before pulling away.

“Uh, Jack, I have something I need to tell you,” Matt said awkwardly, rubbing the back of his neck.

Normally Jack would make some sort of dick joke, but he could see the distress in Matt’s eyes, so he refrained.

“Okay,” Jack nodded.

“I got offered a job in a really good accountancy firm back home. And I want to take it,” Matt blurted.

“Y-You want to take it,” Jack repeated.

“Yeah, I do. It’s my dream job, Jack,” Matt sighed.

“What about me?” Jack demanded, his voice cracking slightly.

“I’m not going to stop you from achieving your dreams in LA,” Matt said softly.

“So that’s it? You’re just dumping this on me and expecting me to be okay?” Jack said incredulously, his eyes starting to glitter with tears.

“Of course I don’t expect you to be okay, Jack, but…”

“Then what? What the fuck do you think can possibly come out of you telling me that we’re never going to see each other again after graduate,” Jack whimpered, clenching his fists.

“Jack, I’m sorry. The last thing I want is for you to get upset,” Matt insisted.

Jack just shook his head.

“Get out of my flat,” he demanded.

“Not until we’ve sorted this out,” Matt retorted.

“Sorted what out, Matt? That you’ve already made plans to leave me?” Jack choked.

“You know that’s not why I want this,” Matt said firmly.

“Then why is it?!” Jack exasperated.

Matt smiled sadly.

“I’m not a dreamer like you, Jack. I like simple things and I want a simple life. You have such aspirations to better yourself when all I want to do is move back to my small town just outside Chicago city and stay there for the rest of my life. I’m not like you Jack. I’m not as free-spirited or destined for greatness. I never will be and I’m okay with that,” Matt explained.

Jack stared at Matt for a few seconds before tears pricked his eyes. Was Matt really saying what he thought he was saying?

“Is this going where I think it’s going?” Jack asked quietly.

Matt bit his bottom lip but nodded when he realised Jack was right. He hated it when Jack was right, especially right now.

“We’re not like our friends, Jack. We’re not a big romantic couple like Rian and Evan and we’re not soulmates like Alex and Zack. Sure Alex and Zack aren’t going to be in the same country but they’ll still be together forever. What we have is amazing but it’s not…”

Matt paused and Jack smiled weakly.

“It’s not it,” Jack finished.

“No, it’s not,” Matt said quietly.

They both fell into silence, not able to look at each other.

“I wish you could’ve been The One,” Jack eventually said, tears pricking at his eyes even more.

“I wish the same, Jacky,”

They fell silent again, still not looking at each other. Then Jack snapped his head up.

“If you ask me to stay with you, to not go to LA, I will. I’d give it all up for you,” Jack said suddenly.

Matt choked a sob. Only Jack would say that. But Matt couldn’t be that selfish. He just couldn’t.

“I can’t hold you back from your dreams Jack I just couldn’t do that to you. You have the potential to be a star director, and I wouldn’t be able to live with myself if I knew that I’d kept you from that,” Matt replied, shaking his head.

It was then that Jack started to cry, collapsing into Matt’s arms. Matt held onto him tightly, desperately, guiding them to Jack’s bed so they could curl up lying next to each other. Jack clutched at Matt’s clothes, clinging onto him as if that would stop him from leaving. Deep down he knew it wouldn’t work, he knew Matt was going to leave, but it was worth a shot. Matt just wrapped his arms around Jack, trying to savour the feeling of his body while he still could.

“Can we make the best of the last month we have, Matt? I can’t…I can’t lose you yet,” Jack pleaded.

“Is that really a good idea, Jack?” Matt asked softly.

“I can’t lose you yet,” Jack repeated.

Matt swallowed heavily but nodded. He could at least give Jack this.

*

The big day had passed. Graduation. All 6 of them, Rian, Evan, Jack, Matt, Zack and Alex had graduated, smiling at their proud parents watching them as they collected their certificates on stage. Then came the tears.

First Jack and Matt. Matt was leaving first thing in the morning to go back to Chicago, most likely never to see any of them again. And Jack was making his way down to LA, having found a few contacts in Hollywood that were interested in his work.

Then came Zack and Alex. They had decided to buy a house together, with the help of Alex’s graduation money from his parents and grandparents, in Washington and they would be living there together for a week before Alex started his first campaign with Greenpeace. Zack had a job in The National Museum of Art as a curator, just like he’d always wanted, but it also meant that he wouldn’t see Alex more than a handful of times in 5 years.

Rian and Evan obviously cried with, and for, their friends but their main task started today. Moving Rian’s stuff out of his old flat into Evan’s flat. Now that Matt had moved out, they had decided to use the spare bedroom as a storage room and guest room, and just both stay in Evan’s room in general. It’s not like they wouldn’t sleep in the same bed anyway.

It took them the good part of 4 hours to move all of Rian’s stuff over, doing a few car journeys, and to unpack it, but when the last box had been emptied and tidied, they were happy. Finally.

“This is the start of something big isn’t it?” Evan said shyly, his hands clutching at Rian’s t-shirt.

“It most definitely is,” Rian grinned.

This would be their future. Living together from now on, for the rest of their lives. And Evan couldn’t say that he wasn’t excited. Evan blushed as Rian pushed him firmly up against the wall, leaving no space between their bodies apart from their faces.

“One of the things I’m really looking forward to is that we can have as much sex as we want, anywhere we want, without anyone interrupting,” Rian murmured, pushing his hips a little harder into Evan’s.

Evan blushed even more. He could tell Rian was being serious.

“How about we get started on that?” Evan said innocently.

“I knew I loved you for a reason,” Rian groaned.

Evan gasped and smacked Rian’s arm in protest but Rian just laughed and kissed him. There was nothing that could take away how happy he was right now. Nothing.

*

Fuck this house was quiet. Far too quiet. Zack hung his coat up on the coat rack by the front door and kicked his shoes off, loosening his tie as he walked into the kitchen. It had been three months since Alex left to work for Greenpeace. Only three months and he was missing him like crazy. Zack didn’t know how he was going to cope, he really didn’t. But it would be worth it in the end, he knew that much. Alex would’ve had the best experiences of his life and Zack would be happy that he was happy.

He just had to wait it out.

It’s not like his job didn’t keep him busy. Among acquisitions for new displays, managing collections, designing exhibitions, researching and writing, and building and upholding connections with the community, Zack also had to learn the layout of the building, make friends with all the staff and get used to a routine.

It was exhausting, but he loved it.

Sitting down at a stool at the kitchen table, Zack sorted through the mail he’d put there this morning on his way out to work. His stomach butterflied as he picked up a postcard. Alex sent him postcards, every new place he went. Hawaii. Nice. Zack flipped it over to read the message.

Hey baby,

Fuck, I wish you were here. It’s so beautiful out here! We definitely have to come out here together one day. At the moment I’m involved in a sea turtle conservation project and I’m loving it. Not as much as I’m loving you, but still. I’m really starting to feel like I can make a difference, y’know?
I can’t wait until I’m home again.

Love,
Alex xxx


Zack’s eyes pricked with tears as he read the message over again and again and again. It wasn’t much contact from the man he loved, but at least it was something. And if he had something to hold onto, then he’d make it through these 5 hard years.

The loneliness would be worth it.

*

10 months. 10 lonely fucking months. Los Angeles wasn’t all it was cracked up to be, that was for sure. In those last month of college Jack had been sure that if he showered Matt with love, that Matt would change his mind and come with him. But it was no use. Matt was in Chicago and Jack was in Hollywood. He’d even heard that Matt had met someone new, a hot-shot lawyer called Vinny or something, which only made things worse. He didn’t hate Matt for moving on, no. Matt deserved happiness. It just sucked that Jack was completely alone in somewhere as freakishly scary as LA.

The first contact Jack had in LA fell through, leaving him high and dry, but his second contact helped him co-direct on a 20 minute short film which actually one a nomination for best short film of the year, which was amazing. After that Jack had solo directed a short film, having been hired by the last producer that he worked for, and that had also been a success. Jack was glad that it meant he could live somewhere with a double-locked door and security system and that he could eat more than rice and beans, but he still needed more.

He still craved more.

A different, slightly more well known, producer was talking to Jack about directing a slightly longer movie at the moment, and Jack had good feelings about this one. He’d been turned down from a couple of films since his last one, but this one looked promising. With a promise of a phone call tomorrow, Jack left the office and walked down the main street. He was feeling good today. Maybe he’d treat himself to a hot sub for lunch.

Jack was so lost in his thoughts that he didn’t see someone step into his path, and crashed into him, falling to the hard cement. Oww!

“I’m so sorry, let me help you up,” the man apologised.

Fuck, this man was beautiful. Stocky build, beautiful eyes, slightly poofy brown hair, tanned skin, almost Italian features, and a pearly white smile. Fuck, he was attractive. Very attractive. And nothing like Matt. Jack blushed as the man held out his hand, blushing a little more as his skin tingled from the contact. Fuck his hands were warm.

“Wait, aren’t you Jack Barakat?” the man asked.

Jack’s eyebrows shot upright in shock.

“H-How do you know my name?” Jack stammered.

“I’ve seen your two short films – I run a production studio in West Hollywood and my team and I always keep a look out for new talent. You’re in debate to direct an hour long piece with DiMaggio’s, aren’t you?” the man asked with a smile.

Jack’s eyes widened as he nodded, and the guy laughed.

“I’m Ian, Ian Planet,” he introduced.

Nice name for a nice face.

“I-It’s great to meet you! Do you really think my work is that great?” Jack asked hopefully.

“Fuck yeah!” Ian laughed.

Jack blushed once more, making the guy laugh again. That was a noise Jack could get used to. Such a beautiful laugh.

“Are you busy right now?” Ian asked, cocking his head to the side.

“Uh, no. Why?” Jack asked, confused.

“Do you want to grab some lunch and talk about work…and other things?” Ian asked, his tone a little shy now.

Jack just grinned and nodded.

“You’ll have to show me the way – I’m still not used to where everything is,” Jack admitted.

“It would be my pleasure,” Ian beamed.

Jack felt his stomach butterfly and smiled a little more. Maybe moving to LA was a good thing after all. Maybe the loneliness might finally be over.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is just something I've been working on for the past week.
20,472 words of pure love.
I've put so much effort into it and I would really appreciate your feedback.
Seriously, I've lost sleep over this baby ^_^
So yeah, let me know what you think!

xo