Rockstar Lost

My Life

I glanced up at the clock on the wall, seeing that I only had five minutes left of work. Don't get me wrong, I loved my job, but when you needed to study for a college exam, it was a little inconvinent.

Finishing the check-out, I handed the woman her reciept while her 10 or 11 yr old son was already digging through the bag for his DS game. I turned to Michael, my manager and co-worker, telling him I was going to clock out.

"Try not to have too much fun, I'm going to need you here tomorrow night for midnight madness," he said, smiling because he knew I wasn't going to be doing any rough partying.

I smiled back at him and punched out. "I don't think it's going to be as bad as when we released Need For Speed: Most Wanted."

"No, but you never know," Michael said, grabbing my coat for me.

It was true, working at Gamestop, you encountered strange gamers at some point. We had a few occasions where people would get a little crazy. Many times, I'd have to keep the peace.

Before I left, I pulled out my keys and had them ready. I wasn't one to be paranoid, I just didn't want the balance of life vs. death to hang on the fact that I couldn't get my car door open in time.

"Alright, I'll see ya, Mike," I said waving to him. I enjoyed working with Mike for the simple fact that we both knew how to handle things when it would go bad or unexpected. I had to admit I had a slight crush on him, but that was all it would ever be for the simple fact that he was married. I wasn't a home wrecker by any means. Besides, his wife was pretty cool and I had a lot of respect for her.

Mike flashed a quick grin. "See you later Riley," he said, turning to clean the used games. I caught sight of his cute dimples before he turned though. Man, I needed to get laid.

*!@@!*

When I made it to my appartment, I fed my cat Silas and stuck a Hot Pocket in the microwave. I checked the answering machine, which was pointless because I never had any messeges, and put the TV on the Animal Planet. I knew it was strange but my cat actually liked to watch tv.

Once the microwave *binged*, I took out the Hot Pocket and sat on the couch, pulling the coffee table up to me. My books and practice exam were already open from last night. I scanned through it and took notes of key importance.

Silas, being ever so nosy, decided to jump up on the table and lay on my books.

"Silas, you know better, now get down."

He obidently obeyed and I resumed studying, even though he persisted on getting my attention.

After an hour, I rubbed my eyes and felt drained. I needed to study more but it was already after midnight and I needed sleep to survive the following day. It was decided. Sleep equalled energy and studying equalled good grades but possible melt down. I got up and turned off the TV. Leaving the lamp on, I went to the bathroom and brushed my teeth.

When I climbed in bed, Silas jumped up to sleep in his usual spot beside me. "Well, Silas, I hope tomarrow turns out to be a great day." I curled up and dozed off.
♠ ♠ ♠
Silas{

Ok, Keep it or no? I was going to make this a Brian story but it will be a Matt Sanders instead. Let me know! LOL Peace