Rockstar Lost

Tim Burton

“I can’t believe I had to ride home in my boxers!” Matt said as we walked through the apartment door.

“You honestly didn’t think I was joking did you?” I asked with a grin on my face.

“I thought you would freak out if I actually did, so I thought I would be getting off the hook.” Matt sat down on the couch and called Silas to him.

“Hey, it could have been worse. I could have made you take off your “soaked” shirt too but I didn’t,” I told him, still kind of regretting that I hadn’t. He was hot, what could I say? “And why would I freak out?”

“Because I’m insanely hot and I saw you blush when I took off my jeans. Therefore, I figured you would…”

“Change my mind from embarrassment?” I finished for him.

“Yeah, actually.”

“Trust me, there is nothing that can really embarrass me. Besides, I’ve seen a penis before, so don’t get all cocky on me…no pun intended.” I walked over to the kitchen and put on a pot of water.

He just laughed and grabbed my college book off of the coffee table.

I didn’t pay him any mind as I dumped the box of macaroni into the pot. I was sure the saying was true that water wouldn’t boil if you watched it. I became impatient and looked to see what else I could fix to go along with this. I could think of many things but the problem was having those items. I sighed and pulled out a pack of hot dogs, seeing as it was the only thing I could find.

“How do Hot Dogs and Mac & Cheese sound to you?” I asked, glancing over my shoulder.

“Sounds okay to me. I think I’m going to go jump in the shower. Get refreshed and settle in for the day,” he said, getting up and setting Silas on the couch.

“Alright, if you need anything just holler,” I said loud enough so he could hear me from the hallway.

*!@@!*

1 hour later…

After finishing his shower, we ate at the table and talked about what happened today. I was glad we found some things out but it wasn’t really much to go on. He apparently wasn’t a poor man by any means, not that I cared, but it meant that he must work somewhere or had some form of income.

We discussed the possible jobs he could have and none seemed plausible except for a tattoo artist, some gym trainer or something. After seeing how bad he was at drawing, we eliminated the first idea.

Taking a break, Matt washed the dishes for me and I took a shower. The bathroom was devoid of any cologne, but it still had a manly smell to it. Almost like his pheromones were radiating throughout the air. I liked it and to be honest, I really missed having a man in my life, or shower truthfully.

When I finished, I wrapped the towel around my body and tossed the dirty clothes into the hamper. I pulled the brush through my wet hair, knowing that if I didn’t my hair would end up drying in curls, which I hated. Sighing, I turned off the light and walked into the living room.
Matt was laying down on the couch and of course, Silas was laying in front of him asleep.
Damn, had I really been in the shower that long?

I sat down in the chair and seen that he was watching Comedy Central. It was a rerun of Dane Cook that I had seen many times but still loved it. The thing I liked about Dane was that his jokes were realistic. For example, the one about the car wrecking and everyone running out to see what’s going on is spot on.

Matt sat up and finally noticed me. “What’s the special occasion?” he asked with an eyebrow raised.

“Excuse me, what do you mean?” I asked, confused by his comment.

“Sitting in the chair with nothing but towel on isn’t too common unless there’s an occasion,” he explained.

“Oh, I hate getting dressed until I’m completely dry so I wait to get dressed. If you want, I can go in my room and wait,” I stated, leaving it up to him.

“It don’t bother me, it’s just unusual. Changing the topic, there is nothing on TV. Know of any good shows?” he asked, standing up and going over to the fridge.

“No, but we could watch a movie. I have some good ones in the entertainment center.”

“Like what?”

“Oh, some Tim Burton, Stephen King, Happy Madison, stuff like that.”

“I could use some Tim Burton,” he said with a nod of the head.

“Cool, let me go change and get some PJ’s on, then I start the movie,” I said, getting up and heading to my bedroom.

*!@@!*

{Matt’s POV}

I gently got up from the couch and laid Riley’s head on the pillow before turning off the DVD player and TV. I found I really liked the movie The Corpse Bride and the whole theme reminded me of someone but I couldn’t recall the name or face. I just had the weird sense of ‘Hey, this reminds me of______’ and then it goes blank.

Riley had fallen asleep half way through the movie and ended of laying under the crook of my arm. I didn’t mind though and it actually felt nice. I didn’t want to wake her up since she had to work tomorrow, so I decided to carry her to bed. She was heavy than she looked, but it was nothing to pick her up and walk to her room without much effort. I covered her up and left the door cracked open just enough to let a small ray of light come in.

I found the pillow and blanket that I had deemed mine for now and situated myself on the temporary bed of a couch. Even though I wasn’t tired, I felt sleep deprived. I didn’t tell Riley this, but trying to remember everything today was putting me in a foul mood. It was frustrating of course, but even more so when you get a taste of the carrot and then have it disappear without a trace. That’s how it seemed to be, two steps forward and one step back.

It wasn’t long before I started to drift to sleep. I wasn’t sure what time it was but my guess was probably midnight. My eyes finally closed and I turned to lay on my side when I heard Riley let out a small scream. My heart raced and I jumped up, running to her room.

I barged through the door only to find her sitting up and crying. Her hair was a mess and sweat was beaded on her forehead.

“Riley, it’s me, Matt. What’s wrong?” I asked, slowly walking over to her and trying not to frighten her. I could tell if she was fully awake and my presence might confuse her actions.

“It’s…its horrible Matt. I can’t move on from it. When I think I’ve healed, it lashes back,” she said, trying to control her emotion.

“What? Was it a bad dream or…”

“Bad dream, bad memories, they’re the same. Just one happens when you’re awake, the other when you’re asleep.” She started to cry again and I did the only thing I could do. Sitting on the bed with her, I pulled her to me and semi-cradled her. I rested my head above hers and rubbed her exposed arm.

“Matt?” she asked after a minute or two.

“Yeah?”

“Will you stay with me? I mean at least until I fall asleep?” she whispered.

“Of course, but will you tell me what it was about?” I asked, curious as to what upset her. She always seemed to be strong and confident. I couldn’t imagine what would put her in this state.

“I’ll try,” she said.

I knew this would take some time, so I leaned back against the pillows and she came with me, obviously needing the feeling of comfort.

Then she began.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I love our loyal commentors (and others as well) !!! What did you think? Any ideas of what she's going through?

What do think? Now go comment so I can see how predictable this story is!! LOL

Peace out!! Oh, and for those of you who read Trials in Life, I will be updating tomorrow so stay tuned!!!!