Rockstar Lost

Another One Bites the Dust

Valentine’s Day came and went uneventfully. We had decided on not doing gifts since it wasn’t important to us and spending money on things was unnecessary and didn’t appeal to us.

Matt officially asked me to be his girlfriend but I didn’t feel any different considering we were practically together already.

After we ate diner, which consisted of spaghetti and garlic bread, we curled up on the couch and watched a few lifetime movies together. We mainly made fun of them but he actually got interested in one. Later, we finished our make out session with damn good sex.

“Ms. Shea? Ms. Shea?”

I looked up at my professor, Mr. Goldwich.

“Yes?” I answered

“I was wondering if you could tell me what the Roe vs. Wade case was about.”

“The Roe vs. Wade case was about women’s rights to have abortions, where the courts battled multiple arguments, including at how far the fetus was developed should be taken into account,” I answered.

Professor Goldwich nodded. “Correct. Ms. Shea, I would hope you pay more attention next time,” he grinned and winked at me.

I nodded my head. Even though I hated civics, I liked my professor. It wasn’t in a gross way either, just Mr. Goldwich would help everyone individually if they needed it or would break things down for people like me who didn’t understand anything other than simple terms. Which reminded me, I needed to thank Matt later for making me stay focused while I had other things in mind when he would help me with homework.

Class went on until the bell rang. Since I had a free hour, I headed to the library. Finding an empty seat, I sat down and pulled out the tan manila folder from my bag.

I scanned through the stack, starting alphabetically from Ma’s to Matthias’s fairly quickly since most had pictures with them. The few that didn’t, I would cautiously check the descriptions of.

Nearly half to most of the pile was stacking up and I was getting closer to the end of the Ma’s when I came across a paper without a picture. The given name was Matthew Charles Sanders. It didn’t strike me as familiar or anything but the description was what caught my attention. There wasn’t much to go on but the similarities were striking. The description read:

Height: 6,1”
Weight: Approx. 234
Eye Color: Hazel
Hair Color: Brown

Physical Appearances Otherwise: Possible lip ring or hole under right lip. Prominent dimples. Straight white teeth. Tattoos.

It could be anybody of course, although this was the closest I had found for a match and I wasn’t about to ignore this. Excitement coursed through me that we might have finally discovered his past. There was a small trace of fear that there could be something I didn’t want to know but I shrugged it off.

I noticed there was a contact number and I hesitated to call. Maybe this was a bad idea. None the less, I wrote down the number before folding the paper into my bag, separate from the folder I had just went through.

I checked the library’s clock to find that I had about ten minutes left until my next class, so I got up and left the library. When I was outside on the campus, I sat down at one of the picnic tables and pulled out my phone. I stared at it for a minute before manning up and dialing the number I had wrote down.

It took five rings before someone picked up the line. There was a bit of shuffling around before a man’s voice came across the speaker.

“Hello, I’m calling because I found your number listed on the missing persons file,” I said, unsure of what else to say or do.

“Yeah, this is the right number. Do you have any information?” he asked, leaving me to ponder my next answer.

“Well, I might but I need to know some things first,” I said, hoping they could give me more of a description to go by. It wasn’t like there was a picture with the file so I didn’t want to get their hopes up.

“I think you need to tell us first. And this better not be a joke,” the voice said very sternly.

Even though I understood often people were given false leads, he didn’t need to come off rude. “Well, for starters, you tell me what he looks like since I’m not even sure its him,” I said just as firmly.

“Ok, look. I’m not in the mood to be playing games right now. My friend is missing and it’s very important that you tell us where you saw him so that we can go find him.”

“Well, when I found this person, he was in an ally in Riverside county. He has multiple tattoos and even an indent where he seems to have had his lip pierced. Dark hair, hazel eyes, just like the description in the file,” I said, knowing this wasn’t getting us anywhere.

“Well, that’s the problem. Everyone knows that. So far you haven’t told me anything that wasn’t in the missing report. Besides, our friend doesn’t even live in that county or have any ties there.

“Ok, well I’m sorry I wasted your time. The only other thing I thing I could tell you that isn’t visible to the eye is that this guy has a birth mark on his outer thigh. But good luck finding your friend,” I said, not knowing what else there was for me to say considering this guy wasn’t the friendliest or most helpful when it came down to cooperation.

“Yeah, thanks. Bye,” he said and hung up before I could be polite and respond.

I sighed and hung up. Matt was right, this probably was a waste of time. I mean, what are the odds of me just finding his former identity that easily?
♠ ♠ ♠
So, it has been over a year since the last post and I honestly feel bad about that but you know how life goes. It's a bitch. Anyways, with that being said, I have some news.

This chapter has been completely rewritten. I have finally gotten my direction back with this story and might be posting another chapter before long. I'm just now getting back the motivation to write and finish this story and give you the closure of the epilogue.

Once again, sorry for the delay and I can only hope you can forgive me and continue reading my updates!! MUCH LOVE!!