Rockstar Lost

Stranger Days

My alarm went off and I slammed my hand on the button. I rolled over and rubbed my eyes. Groaning, I sat up and flipped the covers off. As usual, Silas was gone and probably in the kitchen waiting for his breakfast.

I went to the kitchen and pulled out a can of Friskey's, popping open the lid. "Here, don't swallow it whole. I don't know how to do CPR on cats." This was the usual mornings for me. With Silas as my only companion, I took comfort in the fact the no one could judge me for talking to my cat as if he would answer me.

After eating a toasted Pop Tart, I went and got dressed, throwing on a pair of jeans and a plaid long sleeve. My studded belt hung on the door handle of my closet. After I adjusted my hair, I brushed my teeth and did my make-up.

Before I left the house, I picked up my backpack that had my work clothes in it for later and picked up my books.

*!@@!*

For lunch, I decided to eat at the college cafeteria for a dollar. They had a wide variety of choices and it honestly wasn't so bad.

As I ate my pizza, I wondered what my professor in archeology would have us do today. I hoped we could study some hieroglyphics. I loved history and hoped to one day go to Egypt and do some field work.

Generally, he had us research the mysteries and ancient myths among the pharohs. What could have happened to this one? What did happen to that one? The whole thing intrigued me greatly.

With my assigned papers and books, I got in my car and sighed. Tomorrow, I would know the results of my test and I hoped it was good. If not, I might as well be changing colleges now. I had put all my savings into coming here and to learn that I might not succeed was a depressing though.

Even though it was California, the air was chilly in early November. In a few days, I would be on Thanksgiving break and that meant I could rest up before worrying about school grades. I would still be working though and I was grateful I wouldn't have to sit at home the whole time.

I parked the car in the employee spaces and grabbed the backpack. "Hi guys," I said, walking in and going to our back bathroom to change. Judging by the look on their faces, I could tell tonight would be a long one.

*!@@!*

"Well, I think that's the last of them," Corey said, placing the box of remaining pre-orders on the floor.

"Yeah, the rest will have to get them in the morning. It's already 1 am and I'm not staying open all night," Michael replied, locking the doors behind the last customer.

"At least we didn't have any fights this time I commented, glad that we survived my fourth midnight-madness.

I moved the box to the back storage room and rolled out the vacuum cleaner. I cleaned up the dirt and rocks from people's shoes while the guys closed out the registers.

"So, what are your plans tonight Corey?" Michael asked.

"Probably going to the bar and getting wasted with Jennifer. Why?"

"Just wondering. Riley always goes home and I'm the last one out as usual. Just curious."

"Don't get too drunk Corey, I'm not working for you tomarrow night!" I warned.

"I won't," he laughed and went to the bathroom.

"Well, I'm heading out. I'll put the vac up for you though," I told Mike as he finished with the cash drawer.

"Sure, no problem. I'll see you in a few days."

When I left, I remebered I had to stop and get gas before heading straight home. It was a bummer because I knew the only gas station was halfway across town. But if I wanted gas, I would have to make the sacrifice.

Half an hour later, I pulled up the tank and shut off my car. I got out and popped open the tank door and shoved the nozzle in. When it was done, I shut everything back and went in to pay.

Upon leaving, I noticed a strange sound coming from the side of the building. I ignored it at first but soon my curiostiy peaked when the sound continued.

Damn it, my mother always said my curiostiy would end up killing me but for some reason, I felt compelled to check this out. It could be a an injury animal or someone needing help.

Slowly walking to the dimly lit alleyway, I seen the figure of a man leaning up against the wall. He didn't appear to be dangerous but I was still cautious as I approached him.

"Hey, hey are you alright?" I questioned, slowly crouching down to him. When I came within a foot of him, I seen that he had a cut on his head and it was bleeding at a steady rate. His eye was swollen and his lip was busted.

The man had either been beaten up or fell on his face pretty hard. I slowly shook him and could feel many muscles under his leather jacket. "Sir, do you need me to call an ambulance?" I asked, growing concerned for him.

He barely opened one eye and mumbled something unconprehendable. His eye closed again and he tried to stand.

"Let me help you." Picking this man up was almost impossible because he out weighed me by at least 150 pounds. Once he was hanging on my shoulder, I dragged him to my car and put him in the back seat.

I wasn't sure where the nearest hospital was but I was determined to get to one. "Sir, I'm going to take you to the hospital, ok?"

Although barely audible, I heard him say no. "I...I can't go to the hospital."

"You need to be looked at. You're bleeding in multiple places."

"No, no hospital. I'll live," he said, his words stronger.

"Well, I....where can I take you?"

"I don't know. Please, just let me sleep somewhere, please."

"I can't take you to my apartment."

"I don't care where, just let me sleep." He was quite for a while after that and I didn't know the severity of his injuries. I wasn't sure he should be sleeping right now but I think he was more than sleeping right now.

He was completely out. If I hadn't smelled the alcohol on his breath, I sure would have came up with the same conclusion on my own. I tried to keep him talking to me but it was no use.

Doing what I knew I shouldn't, I turned in the direction of the apartment and was hoping my mother wouldn't be right.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok, second chapter up! I hope you like it. I won't be updating again until next weekend. Thanks for all our subscribers, comments, and reader! If you want something to read until then, check out our other story Trials in Life. It is a Matt/ Brian story ( not a slash). go read and hopegully you'll like it too! Thanks again.