Rockstar Lost

I think I might be a Matt

The man looked at the floor and lightly touched his head. "I don't know. I wish I could remember all those things."

"Have you checked your pockets for a wallet or anything that might be able to help trigger something?"

"No, I'll see."

He stood up slowly and dug his hands into his pockets. He pulled them out empty and checked the backs. Again, no luck. Sitting back down, he sighed. "I don't know what to do."

"Well, what about going to the police? That seems like the best option to me. I also think you should get checked out at the hospital. I'm not a doctor so I couldn't tell you how bad your injuries are."

"I've thought about that. Don't get me wrong when I say this, but I don't think going to the police would be the best route. I have a strange feeling about it. I'm not a murderer or anything, I'm sure so don't freak out."

"No offense, but even if you were, I don't think you would be capable in your condition to leave more than a bruise on me." I grinned, seeing that he agreed as well.

"Since I don't know my name, mind telling me what yours is?" he asked, petting Silas as the cat walked into his lap.

"Riley. Riley Shea. And you're going to need a name, regardless if it's your real one or not."

"Are you going to draw names out of a hat or something?" he asked with amusement in his voice.

"No, unless you want to. I was thinking about letting you choose."

"Hmm...I think I might be a Matt. For some reason, that name is the only one I can think of. If I try to think of what my real name is, it goes blank."

"Ok, so Matt, anything else jumping out at you without thinking about it?" I asked, glad he had a name to call him by, rather it was his actual name or not.

"No, I know that there is something that's bothering me but I have no clue of what it is. It's like trying to remember a dream that lasted all of 5 seconds."

"I'm sorry. Really. I think you need to lay back down and get some sleep. Maybe when you've gotten some rest, you'll be able to recall more. I know I do," I said, yawning.

"Before that, would you mind if I took a shower to clean up some. I know I look like crap because I sure as hell feel it."

"Um, yeah, let me get you a towel. I don't know if you want them but I have a few clothes from my ex. He wasn't as big as you, but he wasn't far off. Wait, take that as innocently as you can. I need to get some sleep," I told him, trying not to think about what I said. My pervertedness showed up at the strangest times.

"No problem, if you don't mind me laughing." He chuckled and went into the bathroom.

I walked into my bedroom and went to the closet. Pulling out a clean pair of jogging pants and a white T-Shirt. For once, I was glad my ex had forgot to pick up his clothes. I never figured they would come in handy.

I knocked on the door and was prepared to leave the clothes in front of it in case he hadn't heard me. The door opened and Matt stood there shirtless. I would have been in awe had it not been for the many bruises lining his sides. They were getting a deep coloring but I knew they would look worse tomorrow.

"Thank you." He smiled and took the clothes.

"I don't know how well the shirt will fit, but it's all I have that would come remotely close." And I didn't need to see him running around my apartment shirtless either. As much as I hated to admit it, I was attracted to this man. Hell, I had barely known him for more than two hours! "If you need anything more, let me know, okay?"

"I think I have it under control. Thanks again though." He pulled the door shut and I gave him his privacy. I didn't feel the need to hover over him since he hadn't seemed like the type of person who needed it.

I slumped down on the chair I had previously occupied and layed my head on the arm. I had forgotten how tired I actually was. I just needed ten minutes...

*!@@!*

"Riley? Riley, hey?"

"Hm?" I looked up as Matt stood above me. I must have over-napped. "Yeah, what do you need?"

"Nothing, I just wanted to let you know your bathroom is free again and...where do you want me to put these?" he asked, holding his towel and clothes in his hand.

"Just throw them in the basket over there. I'll take them to the laundry mat later today. Did you find everything okay?"

"Yeah." He dropped the clothes in the basket in the bathroom and came back in. I noticed how nice he could clean up. He had dimples that were fairly noticable and his eyes were a beautiful hazel but had the potential to look blue at times. His cut had dried and his caked blood gone. This man was adorable. I didn't say that about just anybody.

If this was any other situtation, I would have been interested in a relationship with him.

"You okay?" he asked and I realized that neither of us had said something.

"Yeah, I was just thining about things. Although, I do want to go to bed, so if I can trust you, you're more than welcome to sleep on the couch."

"I hope that you trust me because I need to sleep somewhere," he said smiling.

"Funny thing is, I do trust you." I went into my bedroom and climbed under the covers, strangely calm yet exhuasted.
♠ ♠ ♠
fourth Chapter is up. Any thoughts or comments? Do you like it or where it's going? Please let me know. Until next weekend, check out our other story Trials in Life. Give us your opinion on that too! LOL Peace.