The RUSH

Chapter 5: part way

Chris turned to us.
"Welcome to your new home," he said spreading his arms out.
"Hope you like it because you're going to stay here."
"Fat chance that's going to happen," sheila muttered under her breath.
I smiled.
"Nick, take Lycus to he boys dormitories and Katrina take these four to the girls," Chris ordered.
"No," Carmi said stepping in front of us all. "We're not going anywhere and threes no way you're fling to make us do what you want."
I was shocked by how bold Carmi had been talking to the Domination Officers like they were a pile of trash.
Christa and the other Domination Office who had been in the truck with us, laughed.
Chris took a step toward Carmi and pointed an ugly finger at her.
"You don't think I have any authority here?" He asked with hatred burning in his eyes.
Camilla stood up straight and held her head up high as she spoke.
"No, you don't have any power over us. You all are-"
"Whoa," sheila said stepping in front of Carmi so she could face her. Through gritted teeth,Carmi backed up and said,"fine."
Chris smirked and walked off, leaving he four of us, Savannah, Parker and the other Domination Officers standing there while other people passed us, giving us glares and others giving us symapthetic looks.
My eyes found the dirt floor as the girl Domination Officer, Katrina, grabbed my left arm and Sheila's right arm and guided us away.
I turned my head to look behind me and saw another girl Officer taking Savannah and Car right behind us.
A buy Officer led Parker and Lycus in the other direction.
My feet shuffled against the dirt floor as Katrinas feet next to mine marched and crated an even beat.
We passed many compartments put nicely into rows and it wasn't until we reached the by back that we stopped in front of a compartment.
"Perkin!" Katrina hollered at he small metal house.
No one came out or answered.
"Perkin!" Katrina called again. "These actions of yours will not be tolleated.
A girl opened the door and almost tripped down the stairs, she was running down them so fast.
"Yea, ma'am," the girl stopped in front of us, stood up straight and out her left hand on her right shoulder and bowed.
"Very good," Katrina said. "You will receive your meal tonight." The girls face showed no signs of emotion and she almost looked like a statue.
"This is your new room mate so inform her of the rules and meal times," Katrina said shoving me towards Perkin.
I fell, covering myself with dirt.
Perkin didn't seem to notice me. If she saw me, she must have been ignoring me.
"Yea, ma'am," Perkin said placing her left hand in her right shoulder and bowing.
Katrina left still holding a firm grip on Sheila. Sheila turned her head and I saw the saddness in her eyes.
I got up off the ground and started running after her but Perkin clamped a hand down on my shoulder to hole me back.
"Don't move," she said barely moving her lips.
Perkin kept her hand on my shoulder until Sheila and Katrina were out of sight.
"Where are they taking Sheila?" I asked Perkin.
"The girl with the really bright red hair?" Perkin asked. I nodded.
"What's she good at? Any talents?" Perkin asked.
"Shes food at healing and taking care of people," I said without hesitation.
"She will moat likely be taken to the infirmary to work there, then," Perkin said walking back to the old metal compartment.
"Come on, you might want to hurry inside for inspection," Perkin advised.
"So your name is Perkin?" I asked following her up the stairs.
"It is my last name. All the Domination Officers around here refer to us by our last names. My name is Affinity Perkin." Affinity stick out her hand for me to shake. I shook it while Affinity asked, "Whats your name and age?"
"I'm Adriana Birchwood and I'm 15 years old. How old are you?" I asked her.
"17," Affinity answered.
I nodded my head. "Nice to meet you," I said and then observed the contents of the room.
It was a very small room but managed to fit two beds with a nightstand in berween hem.
A small dresser with four drawers was placed against the wall, at the foot of one of the beds.
At the foot of the other bed, was a small sink with a mirror above it added the only decoration to the room. The walls were bare and white and the furniture and floor wasn't much different.
Both of the beds were neatly made with gray blankets and one white pillow each. The beds had no sheets and the mattresses were an off-white looking color.
"Welcome to your new room," Affinity said sitting down on one of the beds. "I haven't had a roommate yet so I'm happy you came along. I sat on the bed opposite from Affinity and asked her a question.
"So what are these rules and mealtimes I need to know about?"
"Oh right," she said. "Mealtimes. Breakfast is at 7:30 and if you miss it you miss it. Theres no coming in late to the messhall. Same for lunch and dinner and you need to wear an outfit like this," Affinity said standing up to let me look at what she was wearing.
"Have any extras?" I asked with a smile. "Because I didn't get to pack or take anything with me."
"Coarse I do," Affinity said walking over to the dresser. She opened the top drawer that was filled with grey outfits. Pulling one out, she tossed it to me then shut the drawer.
"Now to rules," she said while I began getting on the jumpsuit. "Rule number one.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tell me what you think of the first little bit!!:)