A Beautiful Mistake

Chapter Twelve.

"Isaiah."

I practically choked out the word, after it had gotten caught on the lump that had formed in my throat. It was the first time I had seen him face to face since we had sex. We hadn't even really spoken since we had sex. And now I was right in front of him. I wasn't ready for this.

"You're so..."

He wasn't looking at me, but my belly. His eyes were wide, and I wasn't sure how to gauge his reaction. Was he upset? Nervous? I took in a deep breath, wondering what he was trying to say to me.

"Round?" I asked.

"Yeah," He said, nodding. He looked up to my face, "Are you alright?"

He was...worried about me?

"I'm fine," I asked, surprised by the question, "What makes you ask that?"

"Teresa told me you're parents haven't been the greatest," He said.

"They haven't. But I'm fine," I answered, "How have yours been?"

"They were pissed at first," He said, "Which is natrual, I guess. But they are okay now. How do you feel?"

"I'm scared."

The words slammed their way out of my mouth before I could stop them. I didn't want to say them. Sure, they were true. But I didn't want to admit these feelings to Isaiah. I barley knew him!

Sure, we had nipped at each other whenever I had been visiting Austin and we happened to see each other. But it was nothing serious to where we actually hated each other or anything. But still - I barley knew him.

But you're having a baby with him. I pushed the thought away as he answered me.

"So am I."

"We got ourselves in a lot of trouble."

As I waited for a response, I noticed his tall frame. He had to be at least 6'1", and was pretty muscly. He had chocolate colored skin, and a dimple in his right cheek when he smiled. He had neat corn rows in his hair down to the back of his neck. He was really handsome.

"Yeah, we did," He said.

"Were you mad at me?"

The question was blatantly honest, and I wasn't sure if he wanted me to be that forward, but it was something that I just had to know. I took another deep breath, nervous for whatever answer he might give me.

"No," He said, "I thought you would be mad at me."

"I'm not mad at you," I said, laughing nervously, "I guess it takes two to tango."

He laughed too.

"Isaiah!"

We looked behind him, and a group of what had to be his friends were about twenty feet away.

"Come on, dude. We're going to Taco Bell!"

He turned back to me.

"I'll see you later then?" I said, smiling tentatively at him.

"Totally," He said, "Bye, Brooklyn."

"Bye," I said, watching him walk away for a minute before turning back and going into the cafeteria.

"What took you so long?" Teresa asked as I sat down with my tray of food at the table she had chosen.

"I ran into Isaiah."

"What? What did he say?"

"It was weird. It was the first time I saw him since we had sex. He was nice, though."

"Good," Teresa said, "That's great."

"Uh-oh," It was the voice of the girl sitting next to me. She was sitting on my left, and directly across from Teresa. Her name was Katie. She nodded in the direction behind Teresa, which was in front of us, "Incoming. You might be in trouble, Brooklyn."

There was a blonde haired girl storming towards our table. She got there before Teresa or Katie had the chance to explain who she was. She stood next to Teresa and leaned over the table slightly, glaring at me.

"Can I help you?" I asked.

"Yeah, you can," She said, with a nasty tone in her voice. It was very clear that this girl was pretty damn angry at me, "You can stay away from my boyfriend!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Uh-oh! Trouble (:
Do you like the new lay-out?
And what do you guys think about a maybe sequel?