Status: Completed!

A Lifetime to Struggle

Second Heartbeat.

" What the hell is your deal with Brian?" Matt asked, as I got into his car.
"What do you mean?" I replied a little too quickly, feigning a confused look.
"Brian wrecked the whole kitchen. The window's smashed, the table is flipped over and broken, all the dishes have been shattered into a million pieces. Obviously something happened between you two last night when the guys and I were out." Matt explained. His gaze was focused on me, shifting from soft to hard.
I felt my throat close up completely. Did Brian really do that? Because of me?
"It wasn't anything to do with us." I lied, " I guess it was him and Kelsey."
Matt stopped at a red light, and turned his head to face me.
" Kelsey?" He demanded, sounding astounded.
I nodded. I still wanted to rip her throat out. But I wasn't a violent person, so I dismissed that thought almost right away.
"Kelsey as in... Bitchy Kelsey from high school?"
"Yeah. That's the one." I replied, rolling my eyes.
"Did he know you were home?" Matt questioned, while watching the street light turn green.
"I think so." I replied. My guess was that he did know. Why else would he bring her around, other then to piss me off? He always hated her in high school, why would it be any different now?
He was going through his ego obsessed rock star phase at the time though...
It was a phase, right?
"What a dick. Something is seriously wrong with him lately." Matt said, sighing deeply.
"Yeah." I replied. But I was in a different world at that point. I didn't exactly know what I was agreeing to.
I wondered what the kitchen must have looked like. Brian was, no doubt, the second most strongest guy in the house. What did the kitchen ever do to him, anyways? This was the second time Bri had taken his anger out on the poor kitchen appliances. Hell, he'd better be buying us some new ones.
Had I really drove him to his limit last night? I must have. You don't just randomly destroy a kitchen for fun now do you? Well, not when you're a fully grown adult.
I felt sadness wrack through my whole body. I had put Brian through a massive collection of pain by not coming back to him like I wanted to. He was probably waiting at home for me, worrying his heart out, and I wanted nothing more then to be in his arms, taking all that worry away. I missed him. I knew I shouldn't, not after everything he's done, but I just couldn't help it. After confessing your love to someone, it wasn't exactly easy to leave them, and control your emotions afterwards.
"Are you okay?" I heard Matt inquire.
I slowly turned my head to him and nodded. There's no chance in hell I can tell Matt what was really going on between Brian and I. Not only would Matt kill Brian, but he'd never leave me alone ever again.
"You look... well, i'm not gonna lie, you look like you're ruined." Matt parked in front of the house, cutting the engine and facing me. "And if there is anything wrong, I just want you to know you can tell me. I'm your big brother, and my job is to make sure you're okay under all circumstances." Matt declared. He rested his hand on my shoulder, looking at me solemnly.
As much as I appreciated Matt's concern for me, I didn't want him involved in any of this.
"I swear, there's nothing happening." I stated, before climbing out of the car.
I saw Matt sigh inside the car, and climb out too.
I felt my heart swell with every step closer to the door. I was only that much closer to seeing Brian's face. His perfectly structured face. I reached the door, twisting the knob and pushing the door open.
If I wasn't medically educated, I would have thought my heart was going to burst.
I felt the urge to call out to him, but I figured he would run to me before I could say anything.
"We're home!" Matt called out to no one in particular.
Jimmy came racing down the stairs, his eye's telling me that there's was something wrong. Very wrong.
"Hey Matt," Jimmy said, faking a smile, all while grabbing me by my arm, and dragging me into the kitchen, and down to my bedroom.
"Where's Brian?" I asked, feeling a bubbling form in my chest.
Jimmy's fake smile twisted into a frown. "He's not here."
"When will he be back?" I questioned. I broke away from him, going into my bathroom, making sure I looked good for Brian when he got back.
"No- Harm, You see-"
"I've really gotta talk to him. It's super important."
Jimmy made eye contact with me, his eyes heartbroken, "You don't get it, Harmony... He's not coming back."
♠ ♠ ♠
Cliff hanger! Yaay!
My lovely best friend Darrian helped me with this one, so I'd like to give credits to her too :)
Comments- well, I think you guys get it by now :P