Status: Completed!

A Lifetime to Struggle

Road To Acceptance.

"Who was that a the phone?" I asked, as Jimmy and I pulled up to chronic taco's.
"Uh.. Anvera." He replied awkwardly, getting out of the car, me following.
"Oh yeah? How are you guy's doing?" I asked.
"I don't think talking about relationships are a good idea...right now." Jimmy said slowly, opening the door for me as we walked in.
"Don't worry. I won't break down." I replied, forcing a smile.
"Sure you won't." Jimmy muttered, rolling his eyes.
"I won't. I'm fine." I stated, feeling a bit hurt my own best friend wouldn't talk to me about his life.
"You're fine? You spent two weeks in your room. That's not fine." Jimmy replied. "Can I get two spicy taco's and two pizza taco's, please?"
"If Anvera walked out on you right after you told her you loved her, and then decided she wasn't going to come back, you'd feel a little hurt, don't you think?" I argued.
The lady working the till gave Jimmy and I a weird look before saying, " thirteen sixty three,please." Jimmy laid a twenty on the counter and turned back to me.
"We don't love each other though." He replied.
"Yeah and apparently the feeling isn't mutual." I said to myself.
"You don't know that." Jimmy said, grabbing the change from the till lady.
"Yeah Jimmy, I do. Why else would Brian run away to god know's where? I scared him off. Obviously he wasn't ready for something like that. He was just starting to live his life, and then I tell him I have stupid feeling's for him, so he leaves. I'm not to sure, but I think that's definitely a sign of a guy who doesn't love a girl." I explained.
"Or maybe he's not sure what he feel's." The lady at the till said. Jimmy and I turned to her, and she shrugged. She passed us the bag of taco's, and told us to have a nice evening.
Jimmy and I awkwardly thanked her, before finding a small two seater booth to sit down in.
Jimmy slid off his jacket, and grabbed the four taco's out of the bag. He handed me the two pizza taco's, and put his two spicy one in front of him.
"You know what he's doing." I said bluntly.
Jimmy squinted his eye brows at me, indicating he was confused.
"You know why Brian left, where he went, and what he's doing." I accused.
Jimmy shook his head. "I only know two of those three."
"Which ones?" I inquired.
Jimmy unwrapped one of his taco's and took a huge bite out of it. He chewed on it, giving my question a thought, before shrugging at me.
"Can't say."
I folded my arms over my chest, huffing. He know's what's going on, and yet he's leaving me in the dark.
"Why not?"
"Because bro's don't rat out other bro's." He stated, eating another part of his taco. "Only to each other."
"I'm like your..Bro, Jimmy."
Jimmy shook his head before all the words had left my mouth.
"No, no I don't. Don't even go there Harmony. As much as you think you understand guys, you will never understand the Bro code."
My lips twisted into a weird and awkward scowl. "Hurtful."
"Sorry. The truth hurts." Jimmy replied.
Was he ever right. It did hurt, and it hurt like a bitch. Truth can go either way. It can make you happy and set you free, or it can ruin your life and trap you forever. Most of the time, people will lie straight up to your face. Other times, you find the people who will tell you the truth even if it hurts. I preferred those types of people instead. Brian obviously wasn't that person. Instead of telling me how he felt, like a man should, he left with out saying a word.
Now I was left with what felt like a gaping hole in my heart, slowly getting bigger and bigger with each passing day he wasn't here.
"You okay?" Jimmy asked, stopping his chewing.
I nodded. "Yeah, Just thinking." I replied sadly.
He sighed, but continued to eat again.
If only he knew how upset I was. If only he and everyone else could feel the pain I was in.
Brian's not coming back. If he loved me like I hoped he did, he would have been back by now. But he wasn't.
I have to accept that fact now.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oooo, i'm so excited for the thing's to come :'D
I'll be back later, to update again. Comment's are my favorite, so you should comment :)