Status: Completed!

A Lifetime to Struggle

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity Jig.

“I don’t think this is a good idea.” I said, grasping Brian’s hand in mine as we stood in front of the house together. I saw him nod out of the corner of my eye.
“No one but Jimmy knows...” He said. His grip tightened on my hand.
“Let’s keep it that way.” I said.
It probably wasn’t the bed idea. I wanted to show my love for Brian all the time, but if everyone else is around, well...Showing my love for him wouldn’t turn out to well. Especially for Matt.
What they don’t know is that I overheard their conversation a few months ago. Matt warned Brian to stay away from me in a relationship type way, or he wouldn’t be too please. If Matt found out, it would be the end for Brian and I.
“But... that means I have to contain myself around you.” The frown on Brian’s face fell even more.
“You would have had to before.” I stated.
“I won’t even be able to hug you without wanting to kiss you.” He said.
I gave him a quick kiss on the mouth, and ran my hand’s through his hair.
“You’ll be fine. Just go along with what I say, okay?” I said, putting a smile on my face. He nodded a small smile of his own forming.
We walked into the house, and I called out “Hey, Look who I found!” Jimmy came racing down the stairs, Johnny not following too far behind.
“Holy shit!” Johnny said, looking down at our hands.
“Fuck!” I exclaimed, letting Brian’s hand go.
“It’s true!” Johnny said to Zacky who was jumping down the stairs.
Well. So much for that.
“What?!” Zacky exclaimed, joining the rest of us.
“Would you two shut up?” Jimmy asked, glaring at them both. “Welcome back Bri.”
Jimmy smiled at us. The smile that made his teeth shine, his eye’s squint and his cheeks lift. The adorable Jimmy I’ve always known. Brian and I both sighed, expecting the worst.
“Look, Before you guy’s say anything—“ I started, but was quickly interrupted by Brian.
“If you tell Matt, I’ll be forced to kick both your ass’s. Understood?” He said, a rumble coming from his chest. Johnny and Zacky put their hand’s up defensively.
“We knew Man. It’s cool. We’ll talk about it later, Matt will be home soon.” Zacky explained, his voice sounding a bit rushed. As the words left Zacky’s mouth, Matt’s car rolled up in the drive way.
“Shit.” I mumbled. Brian grabbed my hand, giving it a quick squeeze, and kissed me lightly before running upstairs.
“Weird.” Johnny stated, before going into the living room.
The car door slammed shut, indicating Matt was that much closer to the house.
“Agreed.” Zacky said, making his way to the living room.
The door opened, slightly bumping me.
“Oh, Hey Harmony. How was San Francisco? Natalia said you had fun.” Matt said, sliding through the door.
I silently thanked Natalia. I told her what I was doing, and she gladly drove me to see Brian. We had made a cover story that we were going on a ‘girls day off’, because I needed it. I would have to make this up to her.
“It was fun.” I smiled.
“Good! Did you miss us?” He asked hugging me in a bear hug.
“Of course.” I said rolling my eyes, hugging him back.
Eventually, Brian and I would have to tell Matt we were together. It’s not something we’re going to be able to hide from him forever. I’m going to try and enjoy these last few moments of his brotherly love, before he turned against me completely.
Matt let go of me, and noticed Brian come running down the stairs.
“Well look who finally decided to show up.” He said, his voice losing all the happiness he once had.
“Yeah, sorry about that.” Brian said, flashing his god for saken smile.
“Where the hell were you?” Matt asked.
“San Fran. I ran into Harmony and... Natalia.” Brian said slowly. “Then I decided to come home.”
Matt scoffed and shook his head. “You’re an idiot.”
Brian shrugged. “It was a good time. I met a nice girl too.”
I wonder if he was talking about me, or actually about some girl.
“Was she hot?” Jimmy asked, trying to desperately to hide a smile.
“Fucking rights she was. Really good in bed too.”
I stiffened a bit. I wasn’t too sure if I should be flattered, or mad because he had just said that.
Jimmy’s mouth dropped open, staring at Brian with wide eyes. If this wasn’t so serious, I’d be laughing my ass off at his expression.
“Well well, still playing that game, are we?” Matt asked.
“Nawh, I think i’m over that now.” Brian said shrugging.
“Good. We’re in the studio tomorrow, so go practise.”
“Yes sir!” Brian faked a salute, and turned back upstairs.
♠ ♠ ♠
laaa daa dee daaa.
How do you think Matt will react?