Status: Completed!

A Lifetime to Struggle

Happiness Is The Key.

“Oh, Brian. Nice to see you again!” Dr. Lydon smiled, as he entered the room we were
sitting in.
“Hey Doc.” I replied, giving him a weak smile.
“What seems to be the emergency this time?” Lydon asked, looking over my chart that Harmony had once again filled out for me.
“Uhm... Broken rib.” I replied, sighing.
“Well then. How does one manage that?” He asked, setting the chart down on the bed, and lifting up my shirt to examine the damage.
“Messing around with the guys,” Harmony replied for me, when I failed to make up an excuse.
“Boys will be boys.” Lydon said smiling to her. “Hmm... This isn’t too bad, but you definitely need to have it wrapped up.”
“More drugs?” I asked. Lydon laughed, and nodded.
“Is there anything not as strong? He kept me up all night last time.” Harmony stated.
I laughed, remembering tiny bits of that night.
“You mean he didn’t fall asleep?” he asked her. She nodded, smiling.
Her smile was so beautiful. The way her lips curled up, and her cheeks lifted. Her whole face seemed to light up. It made my heart stop, every time.
“He was wide awake and loopy.” She replied.
“Hmmm. That’s weird. Well, Just take some Tylenol T3’s, and rest. No physically involved anything, and try to lay down as much as you can. The T3’s will make him a bit loopy though. There’s not much else I can do.” Lydon replied. He grabbed a tenser bandage, that was extra big, and asked me to hold my shirt up while he wrapped my torso up.
“Thank you so much Dr. Lydon.” Harmony said, grabbing my hand and I got off the bed.
“No problem.” He smiled. “Keep an eye on him.” Harmony giggled, gripping my hand a bit tighter.
“I will.”
“Until next time, “ He held out his hand, offering me to shake it, in which I did.

“So, How does it feel to not be able to do anything?” Harmony asked. The two of us laying on the couch, our bodies curled together, watching a movie.
“I feel useless.” I replied.
“You can help me with my homework.” Although my head was behind hers, I could tell she had a smile planted on her face.
“Homework? I don’t know what that is.” I mumbled into her hair. It smelt so good. Probably from our shower this morning.
“Jerk.” She replied.
“Love you too, Honey.” I kissed the top of her head, and nuzzled my face into her neck.
“You guys are kind of cute together.” I lifted my head to see Matt standing in the door way of the living room, Natalia right beside him.
“Do we?” Harmony asked. Matt nodded, and Natalia smiled.
“Yeah. I don’t like it, but you do.” Natalia shoved Matt in the ribs, glaring at him.
“Ignore him, he’s stupid. I think you guys are perfect for each other.”
I smiled at her, silently thanking her. Harmony and I did look nice with each other. We were different everything, but the same thing, you know? I was big, she was small. I was tall, she was short. I was tattooed up, and she only had a few. I liked being the perfect fit for her.
Harmony turned her body so her face was to mine.
“Thank you.” She replied. Her attention was elsewhere though. As much as she would have really wanted to mean the words, she was far too out of her own head to even realize.
“Come on, Matt.” We heard Natalia say. “Jimmy, Johnny, Danny and Anvera are meeting us at the club.”
I felt Harmony’s body stiffen. My head filled up with the images from that night. I wasn’t sure about my feelings for Harm, all I knew was that things were changing between us, and when I saw that some guy was taking advantage of her, I lost myself completely. Even who I was then wouldn’t do such a thing to any girl. I didn’t intend on almost killing him, but my anger got the best of me.
There was anger growing in me just thinking about it. I would almost kill him all over again if I could. No one but me could touch Harmony, and that’s the way I planned on it staying.
“You okay?” I asked, putting my hand on her thigh.
“I’m fine.” She replied, sighing. My eyes traced her face, lingering to long on her lips.
“Are you okay?” she asked. I nodded my head slowly.
“I wanna try something.” I blurted out. Harmony squinted her eyes, and slightly tilted her head. “Close your eyes.”
She opened her mouth to protest but I wouldn’t take no for an answer.
“Please?” I asked. My voice was at an almost whisper. She sighed and rolled her eyes before closing them.
“Now. Just...Don’t...Move.” I said slowly.
“I have no idea what you’re doing Gates, but it better be worth it.”
A wave of lust wracked through my body. I loved it when she called me Gates. I couldn’t let that interrupt this moment right now though. This could be a make or break situation.
I slowly moved my face to hers, feeling myself become nervous. It wasn’t like this other girls. I could kiss them no problem. But Harmony was different.
I softly pressed my lips against hers. I didn’t move them; I didn’t push the harder against hers. I just let them sit there gently. I was trying to be soft, but still throw some passion in there. Hopefully she would get the message. I pulled away from her, watching as her eyes were still closed.
“Worth it?” My voice came out almost inaudible, my eye’s watching hers to for any sign of reaction.
“Worth it.” She stated, nodding her head slowly. I smiled to myself, proud of what I have achieved. “You should definitely do that more often.”
I chuckled. “If it makes you happy.” I replied.
“Very happy,” She nodded.
“If you’re happy, I’m happy.” I stated. And it’s true. No matter what was going on, no matter what happens; If she’s happy. Then so am I.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long to update! I've been going to Montreal and back for the last few days, which wore me out completely. I know it's not anything special this chapter, but I have a few things cooking >:D Something's that will piss you all right off.