Status: Completed!

A Lifetime to Struggle

Rewards Don't Come Without Some Sort Of Punishment.

“No, I am not going.” I said, turning away from Brian, leaving his room.
“You have to though!” he argued.
“I don’t have to do anything.” I snapped.
“Don’t snap at me!” Brian growled.
“I’ll snap if I want to!” I retorted, stopping dead in my tracks, turning around to see a red faced Brian right behind me.
“You said you’d go!” Brian stated, ignoring me. “I’m depending on you!”
“I’m not going! Not if I have to be dragged around and all dressed up.” I folded my arms over my chest.
“All the other girls are going.” He whined.
“So if they jumped off a bridge, you’d want me to do that too?” I growled, rolling my eyes.
Thing’s have gotten a little tense between Brian and I lately. His broken rib has been keeping him from doing a lot of things, causing me to do everything for him, while balancing my school work. The sad part is that he barely ever said thank you.
“Of course not!” Brian exclaimed.
“Then what’s your point?!”
“I’m just letting you know that you’re not going to be alone!”
“I didn’t say I’d be alone!” I argued. “I said I didn’t want to be dragged around and dressed up! Do you not listen?”
“What is your problem lately?” Brian asked. “You’ve been bitching me out every day for the last week and a half!” He turned around, heading back to his room. I was hot on his trail though.
“My problem is you!” I stated. He chuckled while shaking his head. He slipped off his plain tee shirt, and switched it with a nice black dress shirt.
“Me? I’ve constantly been trying to keep you happy!” He said, doing up the buttons. “Pass me my black jeans with the black belt.”
I stood there, staring at him. Was he fucking serious right now?
“See, this is my problem. Ever since you had your fucking rib broken, you’ve been so demanding. I didn’t mind at first. I know you needed help. But now it’s for every single thing. You don’t even say please, or thank you! Now try balancing you, your injuries, school and your new famous thing. It’s so fucking stressful. ” I closed my eyes tightly, balling my hands. I hated being so mad, especially at Brian.
“Babe, I didn’t—Hun, if I knew how stressful this was for you, I wouldn’t have asked you to do anything for me. I’m sorry.” I felt Bri rest both his hands on each of my shoulders. I felt his apologetic energy cling to my angry one, and immediately relaxed.
“It’s fine Baby.” I sighed. “I shouldn’t have freaked out on you like that.”
Brian kissed my forehead and looked me in the eyes. “You don’t have to come if you don’t want to.”
“No i’m coming. I did say i’d go. Just... don’t expect me to look like a super model.”
“You always look beautiful to me Hun.” He gave me one of those soft, yet passion filled kisses before sending me off to my room.
When I got down stairs, I realized I didn’t have much to wear. I wasn’t a fancy girl. I had a few dresses, but nothing really for a record release party. All the girls would show up maybe wearing party going dresses that still looked fancy. I had dressed you’d wear to your boyfriends parents house while meeting their parents. Speaking of parents... I wonder if Brian had told his that we were together?
I opened up my closet, and rested my hands on my hips. I had a long blue silky dress... No, that was way too fancy. Maybe my red strapless one? No, that was more of a club thing.
Fucking hell, this wasn’t going to work. A frown planted on my face, as I sat down on my bed. I might as well go in a pair of sweats with my hair tied up and no—Wait a second.
The frown was quickly replaced with a smile. I had one dress I could wear. One dress I bought last year for an old ex-boyfriend of mine. I never got the chance to wear it, but I was glad I kept it.
It was a decent sized black strapless dress. It came down to about mid thigh, and hugged my body nicely. If I wore it with some black heels, black eyeliner, grey eye shadow, and straightened my hair, I could look pretty good.
I loved the image I had in my mind. So I quickly got into action. I grabbed the dress, turned on my flat Iron, and started doing my make-up. After I had finished everything, I heard Matt calling me from upstairs, letting me know it was time to go. I grabbed my heels, and jumped up the stairs, careful not to rip the nicely fitted dress.
“Long enough?” Jimmy asked, while he slipped on his shoes.
“It’s hard to look decent okay?” I replied doing the same.
Jimmy stomped his foot on the ground, indicating he had got his shoe on properly.
“Oh wow...” He said.
“What?” I asked, after slipping on my last heel.
“Uhm. Boner alert.” He replied laughing. “You look really good.”
I smiled at him. “Oh thank you.”
“Careful, Brian might try and rape the hell out of you.” I laughed. It was something Brian would probably try and do.
“Alright, I’m ready let’s go—good god.” I looked up at Brian who stopped walking half way on the stairs.
“Problem?” I asked, knowing exactly what was thinking.
“You look uhm...” Brian chose his words carefully, aware that Matt was in the same room as us. “Great. You look great.”
I rolled my eyes, and stuck my hand out for him, letting him know I wanted his hand. He quickly finished the stairs, and grabbed my hand.
“You look so fucking hot right now. “ He whispered in my ear, as we all left through the front door.
“I’m not the only one.” I replied, winking at him. Brian inhaled deeply, keeping himself contained.
“You two are driving together, the rest of us are grabbing our girls.” Johnny explained as he opened the door to his truck.
“Fine by me, let’s go.” Brian said, his voice coming out a bit to rushed. I laughed at him and his urge to have alone time with me.
“We’ll see you there.” I said to Johnny. He shook his head, chuckling at us before closing the door behind him.
“So, since it’ll only take twenty minutes to get there since we’re not stopping. We should pull a quicky.” Brian said, smirking at me.
“No matter how good you look tonight Gates, we’re not pulling a fast one.” I rolled my eye’s opening the door to his car.
“Do you even know how hot you look tonight?” He asked, getting in also.
“How hot am I Bri?” I asked, my voice coming out seductively.
“You really shouldn’t do that. Ugh, not now.” Brian closed his eyes, and leaned his head back on the head rest. “I can just imagine how good it would be to get you out of that dress, on to my bed, and then—“
“Brian stop it!” I exclaimed, giggling, my cheeks warming up. I couldn’t understand how he could be so up front about these things. I found them so embarrassing to even think about.
“Just remember that I love you.” He said.
“ I love you too.”
It never failed to work on me. Hearing him tell me he loves me made me the happiest girl in the world. It never got old.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh how i've missed updating twice in one night. There might be a third, depending on how tired I am.