Status: Completed!

A Lifetime to Struggle

Date Night.

I sat on my bed, reading a book, waiting for Brian to come down stairs and ‘Pick me up’ for our date. I wasn’t exactly sure what the hell was going on, but when I tried to come upstairs, my door was locked from the outside. I spent twenty minutes yelling at no one in particular, before Brian had told me that it was for good reason. I told him I didn’t want to go on this ‘ date if I was going to be locked down here all day. He only replied with telling me how to dress.
So now here I am, waiting in a pair of nice jeans with a loose flowing tank top, small heels and the necklace Brian gave me when we first got together. I straightened my hair, knowing how much Brian loved it like that, and only some black eyeliner. There was no point in becoming really fancy if I had no idea what the hell we were doing.

I sighed, hearing something upstairs fall, and Matt’s voice bitching out Johnny’s. I felt bad for him sometimes. Everyone has picked on Johnny since he first stepped our lives. No one in this house hasn’t beaten Johnny up at least once. I always thought Johnny would grow up to be as big as everyone else, but I guess I was wrong. Way wrong.
I flipped the page of my book, seeing that this was the last page. I quickly read it, finding the ending was no surprise, then closed it and threw it to the end of my bed. I stared up at my ceiling. I smiled at all the pictures I had pinned up, the memories that I will cherish for the rest of my life. As I scanned over them, I noticed I hadn’t taken very many recent pictures of me and the boys, or even me and the girls. I mentally made a note to myself to do exactly that; Take more pictures. It’s a course I’m taking in collage anyways.
I heard my door open, and saw a low light come shinning through.
“Brian?” I asked. I got up off my bed, giving myself a quick look in the mirror before continuing up stairs.
“Brian?” I asked again. He didn’t reply. I shook my head, rolling my eyes. “So you lock me down stairs all day, and now you’re not even telling me what the hell is going? Okay, thanks.”
I reached the top of the stairs, and noticed the kitchen was different. The lights were dimmed, and there was a trail of rose peddles on the ground. I couldn’t help but feel a little giddy inside. I looked down at my feet, and noticed the rose peddles started at my door. I giggled, and picked one up. I rubbed my thumb on it, noticing these were in fact real ones. I think I just fell more in love with Brian, if that’s even possible. I followed the trail of peddles, over to the counter where there was a wine glass half full of red wine, with a note hanging out off the edge of the glass. I picked it up, and unfolded it.

Have I told you today how much I love you? "

It read. I smiled feeling the words really get to me. I picked up the wine glass, and took a small sip. God, it tasted great. I put the note in my pocket, and continued following the peddles, all the way into the living room. I looked on the coffee table, to see a box, with another card on top. I quickly picked up the card, and read it.

Because, I love you a lot. So much, I got this.

I smiled again, feeling my heart pound against my chest. I slipped that card into my pocket with the other one, and picked up the long white rectangular box. I gently pulled off the top, to reveal two red roses tied together, and another note lying underneath. I picked up the roses, and grabbed the note, carefully reading it.

Red roses are given to those who want to show love and passion, people who have great respect for, or someone who has shown great courage. Quantity of roses have a special meaning as well. A single red rose means love, a dozen shows gratitude, twenty five means congratulations, fifty shows unconditional love, and two tied together symbolizes and engagement. Shades are pretty important too, but this note is getting long. Bright red means true love. I love you.

I let out a silent ‘awww’ and clutched the roses close to my heart. I slipped this note into my pocket with the others, and continued down the trail. I noticed it lead the glass doors that lead to outside in the back yard. I pushed open the door, and gasped when I saw that the backyard was completely transformed.
There was a small rounded table in the middle of the patio, with one candle burning in the middle. Two chairs at around the table, and small lights hung above. The peddles stopped right at the table, and one more note laid right on one of the two plates that were there. I slowly walked over, and picked up the last note.

Now look behind you.

I did as the note said, and turned around. I expected to see Brian standing behind me, but he wasn’t there. I felt my heart drop to its lowest point. I sighed, and turned back around. I stared at the table. How could Brian not be here? I pulled out my chair, and sat down. I spun my wine glass around, finding the smell intoxicating. I lifted it to my lips, and took a sip.
“You look beautiful.”
I felt my body jerk forward, the wine almost spilling out of my mouth.
“Jesus Christ, you scared the shit out of me.” I said.
“My bad.” Brian replied. I stood up out of my chair, and was suddenly pulled into his arms. “You truly do look beautiful babe.”
“Thank you. You look,” I pulled away from him to look at him from head to toe. He was wearing somewhat baggy jeans that had random rips around, a faded black shirt, and a leather jacket over top.
“Very sexy.” I finished.
“I do try.” He replied. He pressed his lips against mine gently, and grabbed my hand in his. I pulled away from him, and looked down at my feet. I could feel my cheeks warming up. I felt Brian gently caress my face in his hand, and chuckle.
“You’re blushing.” He said.
“I know.” I replied.
“It’s cute.”
I looked back up at him and smile. I was feeling completely overwhelmed in happiness to even speak.
Brian let go of my hand, and cheek, and pulled my seat out a little more. I sat down in it, and watched as he sat down in his chair.
“Did you get your notes?” He asked.
I nodded my head. “I did.” I traced my hand over the two tied roses that I had set down on my plate.
“Do you like your roses?”
“I love them.”
Brian reached his hand across the table, and laced it with mine. We had a silent moment. One where we could just gaze at each other, and not feel awkward at all. Both of us couldn’t keep the smiles of our faces. If you didn’t know why we were so happy, you might think we had some drugs before hand.
“Do you want to see something funny?” He asked. I nodded my head.
Brian let go of my hand, and pulled something out of his pocket. He set it on the table, so I could get a good look at it. It was a small silver bell. Right then I knew exactly what it was for.
“Oh my god, you’re kidding me.” I said.
“I kid you not. Wanna see?” He asked. I broke out into a small laugh, but managed to throw in a yes.
Brian flicked the bell twice, and waited. Not long after, I saw the most hilarious thing I have ever seen in my life.
Out came Zacky, dressed in a white dress shirt, with a black dress vest over top and black dress pants and shoes to match. The look on his face was priceless. It was hatred mixed with ‘why the hell did I agree to this’. The closer he got, the harder I found it was to keep my laughter bottled inside.
“Can I help you?” Zacky asked, forcing the words through his teeth.
“Yeah actually. Can you get me a beer please?” He asked.
“Sure.” Zacky forced a smile.
“Thank, butler Zack.” Brian said, a snicker following.
“Bite me.” Zacky replied.
“I’m not paying you a hundred bucks to be rude.” Brian retorted.
I bit my tongue, shocked that Brian is actually paying that much for something he can do himself.
Zacky rolled his eyes mimicking Brian, before walking away to get his beer.
“I can’t believe he’s doing that.” I said.
“Not just Zacky. Matt, Jimmy and Johnny too.”
I gawked at him, my mouth literally dropping open.
“I wanted the night to be perfect.” He said.
“It would still be if you didn’t make our best friend our waiters.”
Brian shrugged, and leaned back into his seat. “ Well, I thought it would be funny.”
“Oh trust me. It is.” I said, holding in a laugh.
I saw Zacky walking towards us, one beer in one hand, and a bottle of wine in the other.
“Beer,” he said sitting it on the table in front of Brian. “And wine for the lovely lady.” He dipped the bottle on an angle, pouring a bit more wine into my glass.
“Thank you Zacky.” I replied.
“No problem doll.”
“Hey hey hey hey, go get your own girl.” Brian stated, while swatting his hand at Zacky.
“Hey, I’m just being nice!” Zacky exclaimed.
“Too nice.” Brian stated.
“Oh great. You’re husband is over protective of you now. Awesome.” Zacky rolled his eyes.
Husband. I smiled at the word. Husband. Brian was going to be my husband. We were going to be married.
“She’s a keeper, of course I’m going to be over protective.” Brian stated.
Zacky just shook his head, and set the wine bottle down on the table.
“The pizza place called. They ruined your pizza, so you’ll have to wait another forty five minutes.” Brian glared at Zacky, who snickered.
“Thank you for saying that out loud, Zacky.” Brian said.
“No problem boss.” Zacky smiled. He turned his back to us, and walked back into the house.
Brian sighed and shook his head.
“Sooo... Pizza?” I asked.
“There wasn’t much to make for dinner. I was going to say I made the pizza, but--“ Brian shrugged “Guess that isn’t going to work now.”
I laughed, and rested my head on my hand. “I’ll pretend.” I said. Brian leaned forward on the table as well, and laced our hands together once again.
“We’re getting married.” He said.
“We are.” I replied.
Brian examined the ring on my finger, and smiled. “I can’t believe I’m going to spend my life with you.”
“Well, you’d better believe it soon hun.” I stated, while my smile grew bigger and bigger.
“I have our honey moon all planned out, by the way.” Brian said.
“Oh. Really?” I asked. He nodded his head. “Do share.” I felt excited, wanting to know where it was exactly we’d be going.
“Well, before we got together, I had a dream. We were lying in bed together, and you looked absolutely beautiful, more than you do every day. We were cuddling, and when I looked past you, I noticed we were in a beach house. You could see the waves, the salty sea smell, and the white sand. It was really warm. And since it was the first dream I’ve ever really had about you, I thought it would be nice to try and re-create that. So, Mexico.”
I smiled at him. “What kind of dream was this? You know, if you don’t mind me asking.”
Brian chuckled and shook his head. “That’s not important. What do you think?” he asked.
I laughed, and leaned forward on the table. “Sound like a plan.” Brian leaned forward too, and seemed as though he was going to kiss me, kissed my cheek instead.
“That’s not fair.” I pouted.
“Kissing can wait.” Brian winked. My lips curved into a small smile, but I kept my glare on him. I should have known he’d get back at me for earlier.

Brian got out of his chair, and reached his arm out for me. I silently asked him what he was up to, but he just urged me to join him. I grabbed his hand, and he pulled me out of my chair.
“We’re gonna have to practice our first dance.” He said.
“Oh god, please. No!” I tried to pull away from Brian, but that was pretty useless.
“Come on Harmony! Would you rather embarrass yourself during our first dance, or practice now so you won’t later?” He asked. I sighed, already defeated by his excellent point.
“Exactly.” Brian dragged me out to the other side of the patio, before resting his hands on my waist.
“Do we really have to do this?” I asked.
“Yes.” He replied. He removed his hands from my waist, and grabbed my arms. He pulled my arms up onto his shoulders, making sure I kept them there before putting his hands on my waist again.
“There isn’t even any music.” I sighed.
“Do you want me to sing?” He asked.
“Of course.” I smiled.
“I’ll sing for you, just because I love you.” I locked my arms around his neck and smiled. Brian didn’t sing to people. He sang along, but never to. I knew I was special to him if he really was going to sing to me.
“What should I sing?” He asked.
“Warmness On The Soul.” I replied. Brian shook his head, chuckling.
“Fine.” He sighed. He cleared his throat, and gently began swaying us.

“Your hazel green tint eyes watchin’, every move I make. And that feeling of doubt, it’s erased. I’ll never feel alone again, with you by my side. You’re the one, and in you I confide. And we have been through good and bad times. But your unconditional love was always on my mind. You’ve been there from the start for me. And your love’s always been, true as can be. I give my heart to you. I give my heart, ‘cause nothing can compare in this world to you.”

Brian stopped singing, and brought his mouth to mine. I felt my body turn into jell-o. My heart thumped faster than it had before. I felt the wonders of love work their magic on me, making me feel like I was on top of the world, like nothing could ever hurt me.
This was the moment I was absolutely one hundred percent sure I wanted to spend my life with Brian.
♠ ♠ ♠
5 pages, and 2,540 words on Microsoft word. I feel accomplished.

I'm so asdfghjkl;' I think this is cute. omg.
Tell me what you think! Leave a comment, subscribe :)