Status: New!

Invisible

Who are you?

Ever since I had arrived on the train here a week ago Draco Malfoy had been more nervously skittering around the school than he usually did in past years. I sat at the end of the Slytherin table alone, observing him quietly. I began as a first year, here at Hogwarts, like all the other Slytherins, but I didn't really make many friends in the house.They all seemed very nice to me but I guess I just liked being by myself more.

I paged through my Charms book quietly, still casting glances at the absorbed Draco, when suddenly my good friend Luna popped into the Great Hall and sat down across from me. Most of the Slytherin students didn't care that I had a Ravenclaw sit with me everyday but a select few did shoot her unwelcoming glances.

"Why hello there Ava. Look what I've got!" She whispered to me, closing my book in front of my eyes. Luna held up the latest edition of The Quibbler. It was her fathers crazy tabloid with all kinds of shotty ideas printed inside. Sometimes I swore that's why Luna was so strange.
"How nice, Luna." I told her, totally uninterested in the silly magazine she read to me every month.
"Oh you never seem happy when I get these." She huffed and shoved it into her bag. "So what do you want to do after classes?" She asked happily.
"I'm not sure Luna, I haven't been feeling very well so far today, we'll see how I feel later okay?" I said as I grabbed my books and began to head to potions, leaving Luna behind in the Great Hall.

Sometimes Luna was a great friend but other times I couldn't stand the things she said to me. I really wasn't about to agree to sitting in the library all night and listening to her read her ridiculous father's magazine. I was very short on patience with people.

When I walked into potions with professor Slughorn he nodded at me kindly. He was interested in my ability in potion making, it was a bit more advanced then the rest of the students in my class. It had been bothering me though that for the past week we've been here I've been shown up by that Potter boy almost every day. I don't know how he became talented at this over the summer but I knew he wasn't learning it at the damn Weasley house.

Most of the day went by without a hitch. I was already doing well in every one of my classes, this was possible with my lack of a social life. After my last class Herbology I ran down to the dungeons where the Slytherin House dormitories were located. I raced quietly and unnoticed through the bleak common room and into my room to change out of my robes and into more comfy clothes.

I took my notebook and stuffed it into my brown bag, leaving just hurriedly as I had come. I had found a new comfort in the Room of Requirement. Most students called it the Come and Go Room but that sounded silly to me. I liked that I was able to be alone in there, just with my thoughts. The room is only supposed to appear when people were in great need of it. I guess I was in great need. A need to be invisible from these people. When I reached the seventh floor and made sure no one was around I entered the room.

For most of the night I sat in a big comfy couch that was sitting against a wall of books surrounded by cabinets and shelves filled with trinkets. I had been writing letters to my family back home when I heard a pair of footsteps bounding around the corner, they must have noticed the large lamp I had lit. How could someone had found this place? Why must they interrupt me? Before I could get up and leave unnoticed a very dapper yet stressed looking Malfoy stepped into my reading space.

"Who the bloody hell are you?" He spat at me.
I silently closed my book and stood, fixing the wrinkles in my pants. "I'm leaving." I said almost inaudibly.
"Better, mudblood." He said walking towards the corner for a book.
My heart stopped and I couldn't help but speak. "What the hell are you talking about?" I asked horrified.
"You heard me little girl, I don't like your kind now shoo." He said chuckling at me. His gorgeous eyes were flickering in the light of my lamp.
"I'll have you know I come from one of the longest lines of pure bloods that remains Draco Malfoy, longer than your own family's so I'd watch your smug little mouth if you want to speak about the pureness of my own blood." I seethed putting my books into my bag and turning to leave.
"Who the bloody hell are you then?" He sneered, his eyes had turned to slits.
"I'm Ava Nott." I muttered turning to leave again. "I've been in the same house as you since we were eleven and six years later this is the only communication I've had with you. Shove off."
"No wait!" He shouted to me, "Are you sure?"
"Am I sure of what?"
"You're really in Slytherin?"
I laughed and began to walk out again, dumbfounded that he would actually ask me such a question.
"No please wait! Stay!"
I turned back at the boy who's distraught face was flickering with confusion and sadness in the light. How could I resist?
♠ ♠ ♠
This is my first official story on here! I do hope people like it! Draco is very pompous in the beginning but that may change! Luna is her best friend but Ava is just distant from people in general. This was short but I'll get it going next chapter!

Here's Ava's Outfit.

Leave me some feedback/subscribe!