Status: New!

Invisible

The Nerves

There was something in Draco's face that made me trust him, and I really wasn't all that into trusting people lately. My father was one of Voldemort's closest companions. Growing up in that setting no one trusted anyone, not even family. I had managed to keep a low radar from my lord though. He was more of an uncle to me than anything. He understood my strong dislike for interacting with most people and had left me out of his business for as long as he could. Draco began to speak though.

"So you're a Nott?" He ask with curious eyes.
"I am."
"I hadn't even realized you attended Hogwarts, everyone thought you were going somewhere else..." He trailed off looking confused.
He was probably right, I hadn't talked to a Slytherin classmate in a while, and if I did I hardly ever introduced myself. "I suppose that's understandable, I try to keep a low key with the Slytherin's, stay out of trouble."
His face finally had a wash of realization on it, "Oh you're that girl that sits with Loony Lovegood everyday!"
My eyes furrowed when he said that, she may be loony but she was still my best friend.
"That's me." I chuckled. "I have to get going though, it's a little late."
"Past your bed time is it?" He said with this melting smirk.
"Wouldn't you like to know." I said giving him a smile and grabbing my bag again.
As I was walking the opposite direction to leave he called out to me. "Ava! You should come visit me up here some time..." He started and looked around the huge room. " I have a feeling I'll be spending quite a bit of time up here."
I smiled at him and replied, "That sounds lovely, Draco."

~*~

I rolled over the next morning and realized it was Saturday, oh wonderful Saturdays. Climbing out of bed quietly enough to not wake any of the girls in my room I opened up my trunk and slipped on some jeans and an ugly sweater. I grabbed my bag and made a dash from the room. When I walked into the Great Hall it smelled like savory breakfast treats. I saw Luna waiting for me at the Ravenclaw table, I sat there on weekends because we both woke up so early no one was usually around to gawk.

Luna smiled at me cheerily with a dazed expression as usual and handed me the Daily Prophet. I skimmed over the front page, not seeing many things that interested me very much and I threw it back towards her.

"The wizard world is so boring sometimes, I feel like muggles are more dramatic and interesting sometimes." I said without thinking.
Luna had no problem with muggles, she was a muggle lover but after hearing my sentence her eyes widened in horror. "Do you realize what you just said?"
"Yes, well kind of, whatever just forget it. I'm just so bored Luna." I whined, playing with the ring that Voldemort had given me as a little girl. The bright skull twinkled in my eyes.
"Well let's go explore then!" She shouted throwing her toast down on the table.
"Where would you like to explore you nut?" I asked her finally watching owls start to fly in with post as the students began to parade into the Hall.
"The Dark Forrest perhaps?" She asked with a glimpse of risk in her eyes.
"How many times do I have to tell you Luna, you're not safe there, no one is." I murmured around the now gathering Ravenclaws.

Luna took my hint of nervousness and stood up with me. She was still flipping through the paper and talking to herself when I nearly ran straight into Draco Malfoy and some of his buddies who happened to be Blaise and Pansy. The girl gave me a rough face but Draco smiled and said good morning before walking right past me.

Luna's head shot up, "Did someone just talk to you, and if so was that person really Malfoy?" She nearly shrieked in my ear so loudly my head rattled.
"Yes, he's quite nice Luna." Her face twisted into a neat Luna smile.
"Oh, lovely!" I do forgot I had to meet Hermione in the Library this morning though dear, would you mind if we met up later?" She asked already walking away from me.
"Luna what the hell you're ditching me on the first Saturday back?"
"Sorry!" She called back, running off.

Well now I looked like an ass, standing in the middle of the Great Foyer all by myself. I thought of the first possible thing I could do and exited the front doors. I ran to the side of the black lake and sat down by myself. This school was nearly becoming unbearable. I silently wished in my head that Draco was sitting next to me. He seemed so worried about things and part of me anted to comfort him, even if I didn't know what for. I knew it was silly because I had only spoken to him once but he gave me a strange comfort I didn't get from any other human.

Luna had not decided to come find me at all so I sat there studying for most of the day, debating whether or not I should go visit Draco in the Room of Requirement, but how would I even know if he was there? I would just show up and feel like a fool if he never came. Of course no one would ever know but I would still feel terribly embarrassed that I actually spent time waiting for someone.

I had let my nerves get the best of me around nine o'clock when the sun was finally down and I rushed back up to the stone castle. Before heading to my room I stopped in the owlery to check for any messages. Sure enough Ludo, my owl, was perched there with a letter tied around his foot.

When I opened the small piece of parchment my stomach had sunk, my father wanted me home on Christmas break, Voldemort had requested to speak to me immediately.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you so much to the five subscribers I got! And my one lovely comment! I know this was a boring chapter but it will make sense in the next one which I will post tomorrow!

Ava's outfit.

Thank you for reading!