Sequel: We Found Love
Status: Complete

She Makes Me Wanna

“Sid, what’s your problem man? You’ve been in a funk for like…the past month,” Evgeni asked, sitting on the bench across from me. I hung up my practice jersey and shrugged.

“I’m not even sure,” I said, furrowing my brow. For the past few weeks, I had slowly become more and more miserable, and I didn’t even know what was getting under my skin.

“Maybe you need to get laid!” Jordan Staal teased, tossing his sweaty practice jersey at me. I grimaced, deflected it with my arm, and then kicked it back in his direction.

“You know I don’t sleep around Jordan,” I sighed, rolling my eyes. However shocking people found it, I wasn’t one to take advantage of my fame. However, the more I thought about, the more I realized that while I might not want meaningless sex, there was something I wanted.

“I want a girlfriend…”I said to myself, accidentally saying it out loud.

“What did you say?” Kris Letang asked incredulously, pulling his tee shirt on.

“I want a girlfriend. But not the slutty puck-bunny type…a girl who’d understand how much I love hockey…a girl who’d want me for me instead of my name,” I said a little more confidently, immediately feeling a little bit better once I realized what had been bothering me. The guys exchanged a look before Jordan ran a hand through his blonde hair.

“Good luck with that man,” he laughed before heading off to the showers.


Little does Sidney know that there is a girl on her way to Pittsburgh that will rock his world.