Sequel: We Found Love
Status: Complete

She Makes Me Wanna

Chapter Seven-Laughter is the Best Medicine

“Alright rookie, let’s go. I know Jack picked you up but I’m claiming you for the drive to the club,” I smirked, looking down at Emily. She immediately raised an eyebrow.

“I can’t go to the club wearing this,” she said, motioning to her outfit. Taking in the business-y outfit, I immediately shook my head.

“No, definitely not…we can stop at your hotel on the way to the club,” I said, slinging my bag over my shoulder.

“Alright…but, will the club let me in? I’m only eighteen,” she asked sheepishly.

“You’re with the Pittsburgh Penguins, and you beat the shit out of Sean Avery tonight…they’ll let you in,” I smirked.

Fifteen minutes later we were standing outside the door to Emily’s hotel room. She slid the key card in the door and it opened with a beep.

“Alright, you can just chill here while I get ready,” she said, immediately opening the closet doors. She pulled a few things out before rushing into the bathroom. I reclined on the bed and stared up at the ceiling. I could hear Emily banging some things around in the bathroom, but I tuned it out and actually managed to doze off.

I woke with a grunt of surprise. Emily had whacked me with a pillow and was standing over me, a smirk crossing her face. Her outfit made me raise my eyebrows, since it was very form fitting. Her skirt was incredibly short, revealing well toned, tanned legs. She appeared a few inches higher, which I accredited to her sparkly gold shoes, and her black eye was almost completely concealed.

“Damn, you could show the guys a few tricks,” I said, pointing to her eye. She immediately flinched, and I recoiled my hand.

“Sorry,” I said.

“It’s fine…it just really hurts so it was a knee jerk reaction. Besides, my eye is still swollen shut…it just isn’t black,” Emily laughed.

“Yeah, but I’m sure that Cookie would look a lot less ugly than he usually does with that trick,” I smirked.

“Like you’re one to talk Captain,” she retorted before grabbing a glittery golden clutch bag off the edge of the bed and sauntering over to the door. I bit my lip nervously, realizing for the first time just how sexy Emily was. I had tried to avoid her in the locker room, knowing that she had been attractive to me on TV, but now it hit me like a truck. She was curvaceous, lightly tanned, and her long, silky brown hair fell in gentle waves down to just below her shoulder blades. All in all, she was a very appealing woman.

“See something you like Captain?” Emily asked, turning around to notice the look on my face. I immediately clenched my jaw and tried to fight off the blush that was forming on my face. Instead, the most ungodly awkward laugh that I have ever emitted slipped out from behind my clenched teeth. Emily snorted before breaking down into peals of laughter.

“Oh my God Crosby what was that?!” she cried, leaning against the wall for support.

“Shut up…I know I laugh funny,” I grumbled, running a hand through my hair. I walked over to the door, yanked it open, grabbed Emily by the wrist, and dragged her into the hallway.

“Wait, my jacket!” she cried, but the door slammed shut and I kept going down the hallway.

“Should’ve thought of that before you made fun of me!” I retorted, a smirk forming on my face.

Emily’s Point of View

Sitting in Sidney’s car was one of the most nerve wracking experiences of my life. Sidney kept his eyes on the road, his face was tense, and his knuckles were white. I had a feeling that I had thrown him off a bit with my occasionally grating sense of humor, so I sighed heavily before turning towards him as best as I could in the seat.

“Sidney, I’m sorry if I pissed you off or whatever. I’m just really, really sarcastic most of the time. I’ve grown up around guys my whole life so I’m used to everything being a fight…it’s kind of hard to be a normal girl,” I explained, twisting my hands in my lap. Sidney slowed to a stop, and for a moment I panicked, but I then realized that we were outside of the nightclub. Sidney put the car in park and cut the engine before clearing his throat.

“It’s fine. I’m not used to being around a girl who acts…normal. I mean, I know you think you’re not a normal girl, but you’re a hell of a lot better than what I usually have to deal with. I mean, you’ll probably see it as soon as I walk into the club. It’s hard to do much of anything with women constantly…constantly…” Sidney began, furrowing his brow, obviously searching for the right phrase.

“Trying to get in your pants?” I suggested. Sidney let out another one of his awful, yet slightly adorable laughs before nodding.

“Yeah, that would be about right,” he said.

“Well, I’ll fight them off for you if you want. If I can kick Avery’s ass, I can hold back a few hundred rabid fan girls,” I said before undoing my seatbelt and opening the door.

“That’d be pretty cool,” Sidney said, a grateful smile forming on his face. I gave him a look that said of course it’d be pretty cool, it’s me and walked around the car. Sidney held out his arm, and I took it, laughing at his attempt to be a gentleman.

“After you Captain,” I said, motioning towards the door of the club.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sidney and Emily are beginning to open up to one another :)