Sequel: We Found Love
Status: Complete

She Makes Me Wanna

Chapter Eight-Clubbing It Up

“Leave it to Sid to immediately get the hottest girl in the club!” Kris cried as we walked into the VIP section of the nightclub. Much to my surprise, the bouncer had not only known who I was, but asked for my autograph before letting Sidney and I into the club. It was apparent that he was familiar with the rest of the Penguins, because they all waved and said hello as they filed in. I shook my head at Kris before flopping down into an open seat next to Jack and Patrick.

“Hey, you look nice,” Jack smiled.

“Thanks,” I smiled back, just as a bright green drink was placed in front of me. I looked up to see Kris looming over me with a devilish smile on his face.

“Bro, I’m not twenty one yet. It might fly in your apartment, but not in public,” I said, pushing the drink back towards him.

“Relax kiddo, it’s a virgin appletini. You really think I’m going to get you drunk in public this early in your career? Besides, even if it was alcoholic, there’s no media allowed up here,” Kris said before returning to his table, where he was sitting with Flower and Gronk. Flower’s fiancée, Veronique, was sitting next to him, and the two of them were so obviously in love it was almost nauseating.

“Cute, aren’t they?” Jack asked, nodding towards Marc-Andre and Veronique.

“Um…I guess so,” I said with a shrug.

“I swear I’m more of a woman than you are,” Jack sighed, and I furrowed my eyebrows. Patrick and I exchanged a confused look before turning towards Jack.

“Uh…Jack…are you gay?” I asked. Jack choked on his drink, knocked over Patrick’s, and narrowly avoiding spilling everything onto my lap as soon as I asked him, and I leapt up from the table.

“Easy there bro!” Patrick said, grabbing the toppled glass to prevent the entire thing from spilling. Jack emerged from his drink coughing and sputtering, his face red and his eyes watering. He ran a hand through his shaggy, sandy blonde hair and took a deep breath before looking at the rest of the team. Everyone was staring at us, and Kris began to clap slowly.

“Nice one Jack, and you’re not even drunk yet!” he called over the pounding music. Jack’s face flushed and he hung his head. Patrick grabbed a fist full of napkins from the bar, which was just an arm’s length away, and began to mop up the mess. I grabbed Jack’s wrist and pulled him out of the seat. His bright green eyes were wide with fear, and I immediately knew that I needed to calm him down. I dragged him out of the VIP section, out the door of the club, and into the parking lot. There wasn’t anyone around, and Jack immediately calmed a little bit.

“Jack…I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have just blurted that out like that,” I said as soon as we were far enough from the door.

“It’s fine…I’m just…I’m surprised you picked up on it so quickly,” he muttered, his face flushing.

“So, you are gay?” I asked. He nodded, his face turning more and more red by the second.

“Hey…I won’t tell anyone, alright? But uh…I don’t have a problem either. I mean, I’m a straight chick on the team, and you’re a gay guy…we both have to kind of hide our desires, right?” I said quietly, placing a comforting arm on his shoulder. He looked up at me, and I saw relief flooding his features.

“You don’t care?” he asked.

“Why the hell would I care?” I asked, raising my eyebrows. He shrugged, and let out a chuckle.

“God I love you. You’re the best person ever, you know? I’ve never told anyone before. But let’s keep it between us for now, okay?” Jack said.

“Okay,” I smiled.

“So…desires huh? Who are you lusting after?” he asked, wiggling his eyebrows suggestively.

“Oh shut up! Nobody…” I said, but Jack scoffed in disbelief.

“Alright, don’t tell me. But I’ll have you know that our hot ass captain definitely has a thing for you,” Jack smirked before flouncing back towards the night club.

“I HATE YOU!” I screamed, running back into the club after him.

Sidney’s Point of View

A few hours after we first got to the club, Emily was dancing like crazy on the dance floor, jammed between Jack and Patrick. The three rookies looked like they were having a great time, but for some reason I was burning with jealousy.

“Dude, just get in there and take her,” Flower said, leaning over my shoulder. I jumped, and turning around, I saw Flower smirking at me.

“What?” I asked, but Flower simply squeezed Vero to his side and laughed.

“You ‘eard him Sidney. Go and get ‘er. It is very obvious zat you like ‘er,” Vero said, a smile dancing across her pretty face. I sighed heavily and shook my head.

“No, it isn’t obvious, and I can’t just ‘go and get her’. She’s my teammate, and I’m the captain…it wouldn’t be right,” I muttered.

“Sidney, that is bullshit! She isn’t some shoddy player who people would think slept her way onto the team, so nobody would care!” Flower said, and I groaned inwardly.

“That’s why she fought Avery tonight,” I said.

“We know, and she showed him what ‘appens when people say things like that. I believe her words were ‘talk shit, get hit,’ or something like that. Hank told me. He thought it was funny,” Flower said, grinning broadly. I rolled my eyes and stood up, fixing my tie as I did so. I threw my suit jacket onto my chair and, taking a deep breath, headed to the dance floor.

I was immediately targeted by two plastic looking bottle blondes, and I suppressed a shudder as they plastered themselves too me.

“So, Sidney Crosby huh?” one asked, batting her fake eyelashes at me.

“You’re uh…pretty talented,” the other said, running her hand along my chest. I laughed awkwardly and tried to escape, but they just followed me further. At that moment, Emily turned and saw me drowning in discomfort, and slipped away from Jack and Patrick.

“Hey Sid, wanna dance?” she asked, giving the two blondes a look that clearly said back off.

“So you’re the she-man of the Penguins I assume?” the girl to my right asked, and immediately Emily stiffened up.

“Excuse me?” Emily asked.

“You heard me,” she retorted, and I could feel the tension crackling through the air.

“Just because I’m not a plastic slut, and I can play sports doesn’t make me a she-man…so, sorry, but I’m going to have to take my captain now. Last I heard, gonorrhea doesn’t help people score goals in hockey,” Emily smarted, dragging me off. Kris immediately honed in on the girls, apparently having seen the whole thing unfold.

“Thank you,” I gasped as we wove our way to the center of the dance floor. Emily began bopping to the music and smiled.

“Not a problem. I hate girls like that. They think they deserve everything because they’re pretty, and they treat everyone like trash,” she said, her bopping escalating to actual dancing. I laughed, throwing my head back, before beginning to dance with her.

“Damn Crosby, you can actually loosen up, huh?” she asked, placing her hands on my shoulders. I swallowed roughly, but the slight buzz I had going for me fought off the urge for me to push her hands away and I placed my hands on her hips.

“Yeah…Toews is the captain that can’t have fun, not me,” I chuckled, and Emily laughed.

“You know what Sidney, I think you and I are going to get along just fine,” she said after a while.

“Yeah, I think so too,” I replied, something flickering feebly in my chest. This is either going to be the best or worst experience of my life. I thought, knowing that I wouldn’t be able to contain my emotions much longer. It was only a matter of time before I fell for Emily, and I wasn’t entirely sure how well it was going to go.
♠ ♠ ♠
I want to infuse Jack WAY more into this story as it goes along, so I'm giving you a little bit more of him in this chapter.

Sidney and Emily are starting to click, huh?