Status: No further plan to continue this story. Sorry, but it is/was terrible.

The Boy With the Electric Blue Eyes

Chapter 3

All throughout the lesson people kept looking back and staring at us, and because we were sitting in the back of the classroom so when anybody turned to look at the new guy they would look at me as well. I had started the begging of the class sitting upright, by the end of the lesson I was slouched so far down in my seat that my neck was starting to cramp. Thankfully the bell. As I was gathering my books, Sam Bentley came up to where Max and I were sitting.

“Hey so you two must be new.” He said as a statement like he knew it was true.

I laughed as I was standing up. “Haha yeah sure we are both new. Yep whatever you think Sam.” I turned to Max. “Hey Max I hope your first day goes okay if you have any questions just ask Sam here for any help.” I turned to walk away. As I was leaving I saw the confused look on Sam’s face as if he had no idea what had just happened. I just giggled to myself, and went to my next class.

English was so boring, all we did all lesson was read Stormbreaker by Anthony Horowitz. I had already read the book in grade six and had re read it this year and seen the movie. so I mainly sat there listening to Miss Moore reading. By the end of the lesson I had dozed off about 3 or 4 times before the bell. Drama was my next class. I couldn’t wait, this was the only class where the teachers actually acknowledged my presence. Our homework from last lesson was to write a monologue about ourselves.

“Okay class, I hope you have all done the the homework that I had asked you to, because you will be presenting them in front of the class today.” Ms Hathaway, informed us.

What? No, this cannot be happening. I mean sure I love drama but what I wrote is personal, and I don’t want the class to hear what I had written. This class was filled with people who thought that they were top shit. Ugh this is ridiculous, and because I have the best luck in the world I got chosen to go first. Yep got to love my luck. Not!

“Okay Rose you’re up first.” I stood up and took my place at the front of the class.

“Um ok.” I shuffled my papers around nervously, I cleared my throat and began.
“ As I sit, I stare, I watch. I see you but you do not see me. I am invisible, I sit alone in class. I eat lunch alone. Even though I seem to be alone I am not. You chose to ignore me and, I do not hate you. I do what none of you would ever do for me. I accept you, because I see you for what you truly are a fake, someone who wants to be accepted, and the only way you can do it is to try to be someone you are not. You stereotype me, but you do not know me. I have what none of you have, and that is guts. I have the guts to stand out from the crowd to be different. I have the guts to do what none of you can do, and that is to be myself. You judge me, but my question is. Do you really know me?”

The class was silent and just staring at me. I bowed my head feeling just a little self-conscious. Then the next thing I knew everybody was clapping. I mean seriously my monologue was crap and I wrote it at about midnight the night before, and they were clapping? Come on people I mean don’t they know that I just accused them all of being a fake and gutless . . . Maybe I should have added stupid to the list.
“Wow. Rose, just wow.” The teacher stoped she seemed speechless. “I don’t know what to say. Except for the fact that it was really good, but you do know you were meant to write about yourself right.”

I looked at her dumbstruck. Write about myself? I was writing abput myself.
“Miss, that uh. Um. That was about myself.” I rubbed my arms nervously.
“Oh, well that was really good Rose. I think it has real potential, if you just work on it a bit more we could form a story around it.” I nodded and sat back down. “ Ok let’s see who is next. Aha Milly, you’re up.”

The rest of the monologues were practically all about the same thing. All the girls talked about was how shinny their hair was or how popular they were, and all the guy’s talked about was how big their muscles were or how much they loved their Justin Bieber hair. Ok so they didn’t say they had Justin Beiber hair but that is totally what it was. Some of the students talked about their homes and family’s but that was like 10 students out of 25. If you hadn’t guessed already my drama class is filled with most of the ‘popular people’ and the ‘wannabe popular people’. The bell went while Jenny Price was talking about how blonde and smooth her hair was. Trust me after hearing about half the class talk about their hair and muscles I was happy to be out of there.

Throughout the rest of my day I only saw Max a couple of times turns out we had P.E and Hospitality together. I didn’t really know what to say to him so I just kept my head down as usual, and went on with my work. By the end of the day I was so happy to be going back up to my room.it took me longer then usual to get back to my room, because I had to go to the library, and do some research. See everyone at Dawson hall has to share a room with someone, and because we are a co-ed school some of the girls have boys in there room. I know right boys in their rooms. Weird. The rooms were pretty cute the room has a small kitchen, a tv, and a bathroom with a shower and toilet. Anyway I am one of the only people in my grade with no one else in my room. Which might I say is pretty awesome!

Well it was pretty awesome.