Status: Complete

Firelight

EPILOGUE

Jessel and Anika told Aalka everything that happened. It totally surprised her. All the three were happy to be safe now. Jessel continued writing her daily letters.

On a clear morning, came sailing a grand ship, so big that even Anika's great bungalow would fail in front of it. A man with a heavy moustache and a beard climbed out and approached Aalka's house. He knocked the door sternly.

Aalka opened it. She asked "Yes?"

"My daughter's lost. Her boat sailed this way. Could you please tell me if you saw her?"

"Do you mean Anika?"

His eyes lit up. He nodded and followed Aalka inside. She called, "Jessel! Anika ! You both need to come downstairs."

"Okay!"

Both the girls ran downstairs. Anika gave her father a big hug and burst into tears, "I knew it! I knew you would come to take me back! I missed you so much!"

"Me too!" he said now turning to Aalka, "Thank you so much for taking care of my daughter."

"Its just fine. She was almost on her own."

Now, the story of Anika was told. She, along with her parents, was sailing in a ship. Some pirates came on board and wanted to rob everything. One of the faithful servants was ordered to take Anika to safety. Caught in a thunderstorm, he was deeply wounded forcing him to change the boat's direction and departed him from the others. At the sight of him covered with blood, Anika fainted. The servant died as he fell into the sea. Anika, being still in the boat, sailed to the shore alone. Her parents were safe and sound. Her father, having a rough idea of the direction to where her boat went came sailing to her rescue.

Even the children could not resist. They narrated their story to the man. Anika told him everything- how she helped Jessel with her math-sums, how she had ended up in a village, what the prophecy was, what was its key and how they came back.

Her father had not heard of anything like this before except in stories. There was one more thing he found quiet strange- his daughter never helped anybody. All she was, was a very proud girl.

However, Anika did not want to leave Jessel now. She never really had a friend before. There was no other option. She couldn't just stay here. Even Jessel couldn't leave her home and go with Anika. All she could do was to wish her a nice goodbye.

After some years, the girls had grown up and had many friends but they never forgot each other, never.