‹ Prequel: Just Go With It
Sequel: I Could Never Pretend
Status: Completed

Nothing Is Ever Simple

Back in Touch

JOHNNY

The cameras had just stopped rolling as the man in black converse made his way out of the warehouse and into the parking lot. The sunlight blinded him as he headed towards his car and he dug through his pocket to find his shades. He had been in that studio for far too long and had almost forgotten what daylight looked like; he was positively vampiric and hurried into the car as if he might disintegrate should he stay in the light any longer.

The smooth tones of Johnny Cash filled his ears as he started the ignition and he heaved a sigh of relief. Freedom. The temptation to light up a cigarette was overwhelming but he resisted. He had not smoked in three months.

The streets were surprisingly empty for three o’clock on a Tuesday afternoon in Hollywood, but he was grateful. All he wanted to do was curl up in bed and sleep. They had been shooting since four in the morning and apart from a quick lunch break, he had been on the go nonstop.

Johnny Knoxville was halfway through filming a new movie. It had been over a year since his last project Jackass 2 and despite his relief to have finally found work he had grown accustomed to having all the time in the world to do whatever he wanted. Work was good, but freedom was better. That is, unless work meant Jackass. Apart from some extra filming for 2.5, he had not seen much of the Jackass guys since the premiere last year and although he still kept in touch with them all, it just wasn’t the same. They were his best friends and he owed his personal success to each and every one of them. Thinking about the guys always resulted in him daydreaming about the good old days. This in turn led to thoughts of a certain female crew member who he had not seen in awhile.

He seemed to make it back to his apartment in no time at all and ignoring the mail and beeping answer machine, Johnny headed straight for bed. Before collapsing into bed however, Johnny checked his emails. There were countless adverts but nothing of any interest to him. Before going to sleep Johnny decided to send Amelia an email. They had not spoken in nearly a month, which was unusual. He knew they were both very busy with their own lives but the thought of losing contact with her made him feel awful.

[Hey there stranger!

I do believe we are overdue a catch up! How are things in West Chester, PA? All good I hope. I want to hear everything; all the news and gossip. I’m sure you have plenty. How are the guys treating you? Do I have to come and break some balls? How are the parents/April and Phil?

I can’t believe I’ve not seen you since we launched 2.5! That’s what, 8 months!? I’m dying inside a little Amelia. I hope you’ve not forgotten me. I’ve not forgotten you.

I thought you’d be interested to know that I’m working on a new film at the moment. It’s that one I told you about when we last spoke (whenever that was?!). It’s nothing amazing but I’ve got some great lines and plenty of screen time so it’s all good.

Have you heard from any of the others? I was just thinking about everyone as I drove back from work. We need a fucking reunion! Speaking of reunions, has Tremaine been in touch about this MTV takeover business. You’d better be up for it or there’ll be hell to pay!

I figured you’d want to hear about my love life. Well it’s nonexistent. I did go on a date the other week with a girl called Laura but the less said about that the better.

Anyway, I’m rambling. Hope to hear from you soon, I know you’re a busy lady.

PJ
xxx]

With a strange sense of anticipation in his chest, Johnny flopped down on the bed and fell asleep.

That evening Johnny woke up feeling unusually bright and energetic; a feeling he would only get during the filming for Jackass. With it being six o’ clock in the evening this was a very weird sensation indeed. During his sleep, Johnny had been thinking about the old gang and had decided he was well overdue a catch up with them. He knew a full reunion was not going to be possible for a while due to everyone’s busy schedules. Jeff was on a family vacation and Dave and Ehren were snowboarding in Canada. Steve and Chris on the other hand, had recently returned to LA after filming the third season of Wildboyz and he could always count on them to be up for a drink.

Two phone calls later and the date was set. He grabbed a beer from the fridge and kicked back on the sofa, relaxed in the knowledge that he would be reunited with two of his closest friends in just over two weeks time. He flicked through the channels on his TV, not really interested in actually watching it. Sometimes he would leave the TV on just so the apartment didn’t feel so empty. For a celebrity he really wasn’t living the lifestyle of one. To his surprise he came across a rerun of the first season of Jackass and found himself unable to switch off. It amused him how young everyone looked.

After a while he decided to check his emails again, not really expecting anything new. His eyes lit up, however, when he spotted Amelia’s name in his inbox.

[Hi Johnny,

All is well here, thanks for asking. I miss you too much though, when are you going to come and visit? I guess I don’t really have that much to tell. The show has been commissioned for five seasons so at least I’m going to have a job when I come off maternity leave! I don’t know that my nerves will take it though. The guys have been great since the baby arrived but I can tell they’re all itching to start filming again.

April and Phil have been great, I don’t think I could do this without them. Brandon isn’t a fan of sleeping and keeps me up every night. Mum and dad have been to visit and that was lovely. Dad kept asking after you, I think you have a new fan!

Please come and see us soon, and bring Tremaine and the guys. Life isn’t the same without you; I need my best friend around. Your film sounds exciting! I hope I get an invite to the premiere when it’s done! I did get the message from Tremaine about the 24 hour takeover and I’d love to be a part of it, don’t know who’s gonna baby sit though, might have to rope in the parentals.

How is everything with you? How did the date with Laura go? I want all the details!

Write me back asap!

Lots of love and hugs,

Amelia and Brandon
xxx]

Johnny grinned as he read her email. She’s still the same old Amelia, he thought. He did find it a little odd that she had not mentioned Bam at all. He scratched his head and considered picking up the phone to call his best friend, just to hear the sound of her voice but then remembered the time difference and thought better of it.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is just a tester to see whether or not anyone is interested in a sequel. If I don't get feedback I wont continue cos I'm not 100% about this, so please let me know what you think!