‹ Prequel: Just Go With It
Sequel: I Could Never Pretend
Status: Completed

Nothing Is Ever Simple

This is It

JOHNNY

Johnny stared expectantly at Amelia, waiting for her to go first as he was curious as to what she wanted to talk about before he said his own piece. In retrospect he should have seen it coming.

“Johnny. I love you.” She sighed gently, looking up at him through her big green eyes and stubbing her cigarette out on the ground. “I made a huge mistake by going back to Bam and I would do anything to change that. What we had at New Year was amazing and I can’t believe I was so blind and stupid as to walk away from you. I’m not very good at relationships or talking about my feelings but I need you to know how completely and utterly I am in love with you. I want to be with you so badly that it hurts and not a day goes by that you are not on my mind. It kills me when we don’t talk and I can’t take it anymore. Philip John Clapp I fucking love you and I want to be with you, if you’ll have me.” She took a deep breath and stared at the floor, unable to bring herself to watch for his reaction.

Johnny continued to stare at her. He had not expected to hear his own speech pretty much recited back to him and now he didn’t know what to say. She had taken the words out of his mouth. “Amelia…” he hesitated. “I fucking love you too.” And with that he pulled her into his arms and hugged her tightly, burying his face into her hair.

“You had me worried for a minute there.” She laughed hopelessly into his chest before pulling back and looking up at him. “I don’t know what I would have done if you’d told me to get lost. It’s not like I can run in these shoes.”

“Don’t be daft Amelia, as if I’d ever tell you to get lost.” He smiled, stroking her hair. “I was going to say exactly the same thing to you but you beat me to it. I’m fed up of us tiptoeing around one another. Jeff was right when he said we needed our heads banging together.”

Amelia smiled back and wrapped her arms tightly around him. Johnny felt as if he might burst with happiness. Now he had her he was not going to let her go, and this time he meant it. “I could do with a strong drink.” Amelia said, finally untangling herself from him.

“Me too.” Johnny agreed and he stopped a passing waiter who was carrying a tray of wine.

“I kind of feel like I’m dreaming.” Amelia admitted, as she and Johnny stood arm in arm, sipping their wine and staring out into the night. “It’s too good to be true.”

Johnny nuzzled her head. “Let’s make the most of it before the wolves descend.”

“The press or Jeff?” Amelia laughed quietly.

“Both.” Johnny grinned, looking over his shoulder. “Speaking of which, there’s some photographers here tonight but they won’t bother us too much. Come on, let’s get it over and done with.”

Johnny and Amelia turned around and found themselves face to face with the lens of a camera. Johnny slipped his arm around Amelia in a friendly manner and they smiled for a few shots before the photographer moved on to the next celebrity.

As it started to get late, Johnny and Amelia made their excuses and decided to call it a night. They were only slightly tipsy from several glasses of wine and Johnny was working up the courage to ask Amelia back to his for the night. The driver was waiting outside the bar for them and they climbed back into the Limo, relieved to have some privacy. Johnny had barely sat down when Amelia scooted over to him and planted a kiss on his lips. Without breaking contact Johnny pulled her into his lap and kissed her back passionately as the Limo set off. He tried not to moan out loud as she ran her fingers through his hair and nibbled his lip.

“You have no idea how long I have been waiting for this.” She giggled into his ear as she pulled away, her hot breath ticking his neck.

“Try me.” He grinned, pushing a stray strand of hair behind her ear. God, she was so beautiful, Johnny thought as he stared deeply into her eyes. He could feel his heart pounding in his chest as she stroked his cheek gently.

“Since the day we met.” She whispered before kissing him softly again. “Which would make it, oh, nearly four years and finally I can be with you, guilt free.”

“That long huh?” he joked, brushing his nose against her cheek affectionately. “I guess we have a lot of time to make up for then?” Johnny grinned. “Stay with me tonight? I don’t think I can bear to be away from you any longer.”

Amelia nodded quietly and buried her head in his chest as Johnny informed the driver that there would only be one stop tonight. In a matter of minutes the Limo pulled up outside Johnny’s house and he led Amelia inside. “Make yourself comfortable, I’ll get us something to drink.” Johnny told Amelia, before heading straight into the kitchen. He realised he was shaking from the mixture of anxiety and anticipation of what would happen next. He felt like a nervous, inexperienced teenager all over again and he poured himself a small glass of whisky to calm himself down.

When he returned to the living room, Amelia was sitting on the sofa and rubbing her feet in relief, having taken off her shoes. She seemed perfectly calm and more confident that he had seen her in a while. Johnny passed her a glass of wine and sat down beside her, taking his own shoes and jacket off.

“I feel slightly overdressed for a night cap on your sofa.” Amelia laughed, looking down at her dress.

“Hey didn’t I tell you, its formal attire for the whole night.” Johnny winked, taking a large gulp of wine.

“I must have missed that part of the invitation.” She laughed.

Amelia and Johnny continued to joke and chat for a while, until the bottle of wine had been consumed and any nerves on both their parts had disappeared. They had migrated to the outdoor terrace overlooking Johnny’s swimming pool as it was a warm night and the sky was so clear that they could stare up at the stars. Amelia leaned against the balcony wall and looked out into the distance. “I love LA.” She smiled. “I think moving here is one of the best things I ever did.”

“I’ll second that.” Johnny said softly, standing behind her and leaning his head over her shoulder to kiss her cheek. Amelia twisted around to face him.

“I want to go swimming.” She grinned.

Johnny laughed incredulously. “Swimming? At this time?”

Amelia nodded. “All the times I’ve been here I’ve never tried out your pool.” She explained.

“Well go ahead and be my guest.” Johnny laughed. Amelia did not need to be told twice and hurried inside the house where Johnny assumed she must be taking her dress off. She reappeared a few moments later dressed in nothing but her underwear and one of his old t-shirts.

“You’re really going swimming? He repeated, following her down the steps to the pool and trying hard not to stare at her bare legs.

“Oh yes. “she grinned, stopping on the edge of the pool, which was dimly illuminated by the outdoor lights. “And so are you.” And with that she pushed an unsuspecting Johnny straight into the swimming pool.

The impact of the cool water took Johnny by surprise and when he resurfaced he saw Amelia still standing on the side of the pool. He roared with laughter, both shocked an impressed with her little stunt. Obviously working with the guys for so long had rubbed off on her. “I think you’d better get your pretty little ass in here now.” Johnny shouted up at her. “Or there’ll be trouble.”

Amelia jumped gracefully into the pool, splashing water over Johnny in the process and when she came to the surface she was right in front of him. The water had turned the white t-shirt see through and Johnny tried to keep his eyes on her face rather than her chest. Amelia turned and started to swim a few lengths while Johnny floated in the middle of the pool, watching her in amusement. Eventually she came to a stop and drifted into his arms. She wiped her wet hair from her face before wrapping her own arms around his neck and kissing him softly. Johnny felt his body come alive with electricity as Amelia held onto him tightly and he deepened the kiss. She was stroking the back of his neck and it was driving him crazy so he slid his hands under the back of the t-shirt she was wearing to give her a taste of her own medicine. She moaned into the kiss and dug her fingernails into his shoulders as he massaged her back. It was pure ecstasy and as Amelia pulled herself up and wrapped her legs around Johnny’s waist, he did not know how much longer he could take it.

Without warning Johnny stood up and climbed out of the pool with Amelia still wrapped around him. He carried her tiny frame quiet easily back into the house and they left a trail of water behind as they made their way to the bedroom. Before they reached the bed he returned Amelia to her feet and they laughed at one another in their soaking wet clothes. Amelia took a step closer to Johnny and slowly started to unbutton his wet shirt. Johnny tried to regulate his breathing as she put her hands on his bare chest and kissed his neck. He shrugged his shirt off and onto the floor before taking her in his arms and kissing her firmly on the lips. She lifted her own arms for him to slip the t-shirt over her head and he inhaled quickly at the sight of her bare body for the first time. She was perfect.

Amelia smiled nervously and self consciously as she stood exposed before Johnny but he pulled her closer into him before she could feel awkward and they continued to kiss passionately for what seemed like a lifetime. Johnny arched his back slightly in surprise as he felt Amelia reach forward and unbuckle his trousers. He remembered that the last time he had been with a woman was with Laura’s friend Lucy and he felt inexplicably guilty, as if he had somehow betrayed Amelia. He was glad he had thrown out those sheets the day after. His days of womanising had been over for a long time and thinking of his past made his skin crawl a little. Still, this time would be different. This was special.

Johnny stepped out of his trousers and walked backwards to the bed with Amelia still in his arms. He hesitated for a second and looked at her to make sure she was ok. Amelia smiled tentatively and he pulled her gently down on top of him. The sensation of Amelia’s bare skin against his set fireworks off throughout Johnny’s body and after a few minutes of kissing he felt Amelia’s hand travel to the waistband of his boxer shorts. He held his breath as she pulled them off.

AMELIA

Amelia was not sure what had come over her to give her so much confidence, when deep down she was incredibly nervous. She had always been shy when it came to sex, but sex with Johnny seemed like an entirely different experience. The only explanation she could think of was that she had been secretly dreaming and fantasising about this moment for so long that now it had become a reality there was no way she was going to miss the opportunity. She was sure she had never felt this way about anyone before and it simultaneously scared and excited her. She felt Johnny tense as she pulled off his boxer shorts and she realised that he was just as nervous as she was. Not wanting to rush the moment, she returned her hands to his chest and marvelled at how toned and muscular his body was. She had always known he had an amazing physique but this was the first time she had been in such close contact with him.

After a few minutes of kissing and frustration for the both of them, Johnny rolled Amelia over so that he was now on top of her and in control, which excited her even more. She could feel the heat radiating from his body and it was driving her crazy. A tiny moan escaped her lips as Johnny stroked her breast. His touch sent shivers throughout her own body. This new kind of intimacy between them felt strange but at the same time so right. Johnny was both her best friend and the man she was in love with. She felt her heart start to pound rapidly in her chest as his hand travelled softly down her stomach to her underwear. He stopped just below her hip and hesitated.

He pulled away from kissing her and looked her in the eyes briefly. “I love you so much Amelia.” He whispered into her ear. “Are you sure you want to do this?”

Amelia nodded, unable to find her voice. She wanted this so badly.