‹ Prequel: Just Go With It
Sequel: I Could Never Pretend
Status: Completed

Nothing Is Ever Simple

A Plane to Catch

AMELIA

Amelia woke up early the next morning and found herself in Johnny’s arms, her head in the crook of his neck and her arms draped across his chest. They were both still naked from the night before and she sighed in content as she looked up at his beautiful face, relaxed in a peaceful sleep. She was sure she could lie here for ever given half the chance but her stomach sank as she remembered that she was flying back to England that day. Reluctantly she rolled over and climbed out of bed. She had plenty of time before her evening flight but she still had some packing to do. She sat on the edge of the bed and ran a hand through her hair, which was still damp from swimming. She smiled at the memory of their bodies intertwined in the moonlight.

Johnny stirred beside her and turned over so that he was facing Amelia. “Come back to bed.” He moaned tiredly.

“I wish I could, but I’m flying to England tonight, remember?” she sighed sadly, leaning over to kiss his cheek. Johnny took this opportunity to pull her back down into bed with him and she struggled for a moment but soon realised that she was powerless to resist. They kissed passionately before Amelia finally pulled away and she left Johnny in bed while she showered and dressed herself in another of Johnny’s t-shirts and a pair of jogging bottoms that were far too big for her.

By the time she was ready to call a taxi Johnny had surfaced from the bedroom. He was waiting for Amelia in the kitchen, rubbing a hand over his stubble and dressed only in a pair of low slung boxer shorts. Amelia grinned at the sight of him and gratefully accepted the cup of coffee he had poured her. “How long are you going to be in England for?” Johnny asked, taking a seat at the counter opposite Amelia and taking a sip of his own coffee.

“I’m not really sure, but I won’t stay for too long. Probably three weeks or so maximum.” She told him. “It’ll go fast and I’ll be back before you know it.” She wasn’t sure if she was trying to reassure Johnny or herself. Before last night Amelia had been excited about returning to England but now that she and Johnny had finally sorted things out between them she wished she was staying in LA.

“I’ll miss you.” He smiled softly. “Don’t forget about me.”

“Don’t be silly PJ.” She smiled back. “How could I possibly forget you?” she slid down from her seat and walked over to him, planting a huge kiss on his lips. “Just think of how much we have to look forward to when I get back.”

Johnny nodded happily and buried his head in her hair as they embraced. Before they knew it the sound of a car horn signalled that Amelia’s taxi had arrived and they said their bittersweet goodbyes before she left.

Amelia returned to her apartment to find Brandon just waking up while Laura was still passed out on the sofa. She laughed and sat down on the end of sofa as she nudged her friend awake. It took Laura a few minutes to register where she was and what was happening but when she saw Amelia she squealed in excitement. “Welcome back you dirty stop out! Tell me everything immediately!”

“I need more coffee first, then we’ll talk.” Amelia laughed, making her way into the kitchen.

Once a big pot of coffee had been made and Brandon was up and dressed, Amelia sat back down on the sofa next to a considerably more alert looking Laura. “So?” Laura demanded impatiently. “What happened?”

Amelia proceeded to recall the night’s events in as much detail as she thought Laura needed to hear. “Just cut to the chase to Amelia, did you sleep with him?!” Laura shook her head in exasperation and stared at her friend in anticipation.

Amelia blushed and nodded slightly, feeling like a teenager all over again. Laura bounced up and down on the sofa in excitement. “Ah I’m so happy for you!” she giggled like a school girl. “How was it!?”

Not wanting to give too much information, Amelia smiled coyly. “It was amazing.” In truth, there were no words to describe it. Being with Johnny was so different from when she had been with Bam. Whereas Bam had always been aggressive, Johnny was incredibly gentle and passionate.

Laura beamed, she seemed more thrilled about the situation than both Amelia and Johnny combined. “So, are you dating then?”

Amelia shrugged and grinned. “We haven’t really spoken about it as such but yeah, I guess we are.”

“Well it’s about time!” Laura exclaimed, pulling Amelia into a hug. “Jeff will be over the moon. Are you still going back to England?”

Amelia nodded. “I need to see my parents. It’s been so long and they miss Brandon. I’ve not seen them since I left Bam.”

Laura nodded understandingly. “Well pencil me in your busy schedule for a girly drink when you get back.” She requested, tying her hair back into a messy ponytail and packing her handbag. “I’d better get back home. Jeff had some of the guys round last night and I’m sure there’ll be a lovely mess to clean up.”

Amelia laughed and saw Laura out. “Thanks for looking after Brandon. I’ll give you a call when I’m home.” She smiled and the two women said their goodbyes.

It was a beautiful summer’s day and Amelia wished that she could be out in the sunshine at the beach, enjoying herself with Brandon and Johnny. It felt painful that now she and Johnny could finally be together she was going away, but at the same time she was excited for their future together once she returned. She spent the rest of the morning and afternoon packing for the trip to England and before she knew it, the time had come to go to the airport. As the taxi made its way through the streets of LA, Amelia stared out of the window, taking in the sights. She smiled contentedly. This was city was her home now.

LA airport held many memories for Amelia, mostly of arriving out of the blue after fighting with Bam. It had been her safe haven of sorts, but now it was the last place she wanted to be, and apparently Brandon felt the same. “We’re going to see Gran and Granddad, Brandon.” Amelia smiled as enthusiastically as possible at her son, who was getting tetchy and tired. He did not look impressed. She looked up at the departures screen and saw that thankfully it would not be long before they could board the plane.

“Come on trouble, let’s get you some sweets.” She laughed, taking Brandon’s hand and heading to the shop to give her a chance to stretch her legs before the long flight. She was just about to enter when she heard someone shouting.

“Amelia!”

Amelia looked around at the sound of her name. The voice was strangely familiar, in fact so familiar that it made her pulse quicken and her stomach somersault.

“Johnny!” she gasped in surprise at the sight of the tall, dark haired man wearing black Converse and sunglasses who was hurrying towards her. Her jaw dropped as he grew closer. He was the last person she had expected to see. “What are you doing here?” she asked incredulously once he had caught up with her.

“I can’t handle losing you again Amelia.” He said bluntly, removing his sunglasses and catching his breath. “I don’t care about anything else any more; I just have to be with you.”

“But Johnny…” Amelia started. She was interrupted by Brandon pulling away from her in an attempt to get closer to Johnny. She let go of the little boy’s hand and he ran straight towards Johnny, who bent down and scooped Brandon into his arms.

“Hey there buddy.” Johnny laughed as he embraced Brandon.

Amelia forgot what she was going to say and stared at Johnny and her son, fighting off the tears that were threatening to fall.

“Let me come to England with you.” Johnny said softly, with Brandon still in his arms.

Amelia gave up fighting the tears and they fell silently down her cheek as she smiled and nodded at Johnny. "Ok."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to everyone who has read, commented and subscribed :) And a big thanks to FLsweetgirl for all your lovely comments! It's given me a huge motivation to keep writing so I am currently working on another sequel. I'm moving house at the minute though so I will be without internet for while, but as soon as I'm back online I have the first five or so chapters ready to post for you :) Thanks again! Hope you enjoyed 'Nothing is Ever Simple' :)