Animal Attraction

Prologi

The girls and I walked into the magazine editing department with our heads down; we were having an interview with them today. I couldn’t remember the name of the magazine, Starlight, or Spotlight or something along those lines. Angel walked beside me; while Scream and Fire followed behind us. Out manager, Christopher, or Chris as we all called him, was in front of Angel and I leading the way to the interviewing room. We took a seat at the table and I took one of the water bottles that were provided for us, as Fire took a couple of Skittles in the bowl placed next to her. We were all sitting in a comfortable silence when the door to the interviewing room opened and a young bleached blonde haired woman walked through the door.

“Hello, my name is Charlene, and I’ll be your interviewer today.” She said as a camera crew walked in behind her, we all said our greetings, and we got started right away, “So, Purely Trouble, we don’t know much about you, tell us a little about yourselves” she said and smiled a big fake smile toward us.

“What would you like to know?” I asked her flashing back a fake smile towards her, I already didn’t like her. Her bleach blonde hair was fake, she had bright blue contacts in, and her nails were fake. I wouldn’t be surprised if her boobs were fake too. She looked a little taken back by my question.

“Well, would you tell us your real names?” she asked smiling, this time it wasn’t fake, and I knew why too, she thought we’d have to answer by giving her our real names, we’ve never told anyone our real names, not ever Chris knew them, when we signed anything, we signed with our stage names. I sighed heavily, being used to the question she was asking.

“Sorry, but we don’t tell our real names to anyone, and we would prefer to stay that way” Angel said from her seat beside me, she looked annoyed at the girl, for even asking the question, we weren’t about to tell anyone our real names.

“Sorry,” she said looking a little flustered as she started going through a pile of papers that were in her hand, trying to find the right one, “We have a few questions from your fans, the first one is from Holly and she’s from Nevada” she said and glanced up at us briefly before looking back at her paper. “She asks ‘Starr, where do you get the inspiration from for your lyrics?’” she said and looked up expectantly at me.

“I get most of my lyrics from past experiences and random thoughts that come into my head when I’m with the girls, the girls give me ideas all the time, with all the crap we’ve been through, I just sorta mush it up into one” I said smiling, I loved our fans, they meant the world to me.

“Okay, cool. So, this question is for Fire, it’s from James in Florida he wants to know where you learned how to play” she said and smiled at Fire, to which she sighed and smiled

“I didn’t actually learn from anyone, I taught myself.” She smiled then continued, “You just have to keep going with what you feel is right, I brought the book, and started to teach myself, and when you feel like you want to give up, that is the part where you try your hardest, determination is everything” she said and I nodded agreeing with her, it was well said, especially since she was stoned.

“Very nicely said” she said obviously still pissed about the name question earlier. She looked down at her papers again, “This one comes from Sophie, and she’s from New Zealand” she said and we all smiled to ourselves as our home country was mentioned “She wants to know what advice you can give her, as she is passionate about music, and wants to be become a musician, but she says that New Zealand doesn’t offer many opportunities” she said and glanced up towards us.

“New Zealand offers plenty of opportunities, the trouble is finding them” Scream said speaking up for the first time since we had sat down at the table. “New Zealand is fairly small, trust us, we’ve all lived there, but it does have many opportunities, you just have to find them” she said and smiled at the plastic also known as Charlene in front of us.

“Okay, we have one more question, and it’s from Melissa, and she’s from Canada, she would like to know where you will be going for your holiday after touring?” she said and looked at us curiously. I glanced around at my girls, we hadn’t really talked about this, Angel sensed my discomfort and immediately answered for me.

“We’ll all probably want to head back home for a while, to see our families and stuff. But, other than that, we don’t really know where we would like to go” she said and smiled at her. I wouldn’t have thought of saying that. Thank god Angel is here.

“Okay, cool, how long will you be staying in New Zealand for?” she asked took a sip from the hot coffee I had just noticed was sitting next to her, dam, maybe Fire had snuck some weed into my breakfast this morning…

“Probably a couple of weeks, then we are back in the studio, to record a new album” Fire said with a happy smile on her face. Glancing at me before turning her head to Charlene and smiling again “We are all really excited about the new album, but we are really stressed. I know Starr has been trying to come up with some new songs, and she has completed 3..?” she asked more than said as she looked at me again. To show that I agreed with her I nodded my head at her.

“Okay, well, that’s all we have time for today, thank-you for chatting with us Purely Trouble, good luck with your tour and the new album” Charlene got up and shook our hands and walked out of the room leaving us alone, none of us could be bothered moving.

“That’s chick was as fake as a fucking Barbie doll” I said after a long few minutes of silence, to which Angel, Scream and Fire all started bursting out with laughter, which I joined in on after a few short seconds.
♠ ♠ ♠
Starr's POV