Animal Attraction

Kahdeksan

Hessu took me to a small restaurant, it was nothing flashy, but it was really nice, it was Victorian styled. Dark curtains hung from the large windows, the wall paper was a dark blood red. The waitresses were dressed in dresses, not outrageous ball gowns, but nice little dresses.

“Wow, this place is awesome” I said and I stared around in awe. From the corner of my eye I saw Hessu look down at me and smile lightly. “There are no places like this back home” I said quietly, thinking of the small town I grew up in.

“I thought you might like it, my mother used to bring me here all the time” he said and he took my hand in his and linked our fingers together. I smiled lightly to myself, then, I remembered the little flies that follow me around. I let go of his hand and he turned to glance at me he looked sad.

“The paparazzi Hessu, what if we get caught?” I asked him lowly and he grinned. He took my hand back in his again.

“Let them take their pictures, I don’t care, as long as you don’t” he said and looked at me unsurely. I smiled at him and squeezed his hand in mine. He then started talking to the girl that was going to be seating us, they were speaking in Finnish, and so I had no clue what they were saying. We were seated at a table for two and we both sat down at looked at the menus. Well, I tried to guess what they said. “The waitress said you looked very pretty” Hessu said emotionlessly

“What?” I spoke up in surprise. He looked up from his menu and smiled at me.

“She you were really pretty, and she wants an autograph, from both of us” he said and then continued reading “You like pasta right?” he said and I nodded at him “but you don’t like seafood, okay, I know what you’ll enjoy” he put down his menu and smiled brightly at me. I grabbed a piece of paper and sharpie I had in my bag, just in case someone wanted an autograph I signed it Serenity Starr, my full stage name.

“Coolio, signed mine, your turn” I turned the paper towards Hessu and he grinned, he signed it then we both waited for the waitress to come back.

“When are you going back to New Zealand?” He asked suddenly, it caught me off-guard. I felt my stomach sink into my gut. I didn’t want to answer that, I knew I’d have too, I knew I wanted to go back I needed to I promised my family. I just didn’t know when.

“I don’t know yet” I said quietly. Avoiding eye-contact. I knew we weren’t actually together. But I felt a connection to Hessu. Like he was meant to be mine, of course, it could’ve been that fact that I really wanted to screw him. But I don’t think I want him just for sex, unlike Scream, I think I actually liked Hessu.

“Can I come with you?” he asked breaking my train of thought, I looked up at him surprised at his question, he was looking back at me with an interested expression plastered on his face. “I’ve never been there before, and I’ve always wanted to see what the fuss is all about” he said and smiled at me. I grinned back.

“Yeah, you can come” I smiled. I looked up when the waitress came over to our table and gave us our orders, we gave her the signed piece of paper and she squealed with delight. I smiled at her excitement as she rushed off to get our drinks. “Wouldn’t your band object to you coming to NZ though?” I asked thinking that they might want him to stay here so they can continue making awesome music.

“Nah, they wouldn’t care” he grinned and started eating what he had ordered, I was unsure of what it was, but I was happy with my chicken pasta that he ordered for me. After we had finished lunch, we went to a local Movie Store, and rented a few movies, we thought everyone just needed to chill out and relax. We walked up to the hotel room Angel and I were staying in and opened the door.

“Angel!” I yelled into the room, I got no reply in return, confused, I went to her room and tapped on the door before walking in, only to walk straight back out again. Hessu looked at me confused.

“What’s wrong?” he said and I smiled awkwardly and grabbed one of the movies out of the bag we had gotten, I put it into the player and sat down on the black couch and motioned for Hessu to join me.

“It uh, seems like Olli and Angel have made up” I said then coughed at the end of my sentence. Hessu looked at me with a disgusted look on his face. “Haha, imagine what it was like for me, that was like seeing my sister having sex” I said then cringed after my sentence “At least their happy” I said and concentrated on the movie. I didn’t know how long it had been, but I began to feel myself getting sleepy, my head resting on Hessu’s lap. I eventually fell asleep while he was stroking my hair.